Life long Ram in need of help

NottsRam77

I’m really not sure how to word this and truth be told this is about my 4th time at doing so, having gone to pieces in previously attempts.

So I’m sorry if I ramble or my grammar and punctuation is all over the shop as I just wanted to get it down on paper so to speak.

My dad, a life long fan since the 60s has bowel cancer, he was diagnosed 3.5 years ago and he’s been through 3 rounds of gruelling chemo and radiotherapy.

with options running out he also put himself through some trials at Oxford involving immunotherapy which didn’t do what we hoped and preyed for.

hes a fighter and is still fighting it bravely, we’ve been told that SIRTs are a viable option for him but as it stands for him it’s not funded by the NHS and with time not on our side we’re trying to raise money to help him get it.

All through his chemo and radiology he’s still, when possible come to derby with me we’re both still STH and to be honest it’s one of the few times he gets to forget he’s got this illness.

He was born in Matlock, grew up in sinfin where I’m told he and his mates would go down and watch Brian cloughs derby train, until recently he would go home and away (wife permitting) and last year I’d had given anything to go back to Wembley with him and see us avenge that painful play off final result and celebrate in London with him.

He’s raised 5 of us all as passionate rams fans and despite moving us all to the middle of Nottingham we love him to bits and want to win this fight.

More than anything I’m not ready to sit next to an empty seat just yet. 

so if u can help in any way shape or form by supporting, sharing or retweeting this link. Myself and my whole family will be grateful beyond words .

(A massive thank you to David too for letting me post this) 

https://www.gofundme.com/sirt-cancer-treatment-fund

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t know what to say guys, thankyou isn’t enough 

apparently SIRTs is selective intensive radiotherapy treatment ... I think 

i think ... and I stand to be corrected but radiotherapy targets an area that they literally make on u, like X literally marks the spot then they blast it 

SIRTs I think is more cell/tumour specific .. almost burns the thing out ... I think

God bless u guys 

Done. All the very best mate. I lost my dear old Dad 4 years ago last week. Despite me always living in Birmingham he brought me and my bother up as Rams and I’m dragging mine up the same. Hope this works for your old man and look after each other.

Done too. So could have shared a similar story a few years back with equally hardened Rams fan for old man.

Finally lost mine to inoperable prostrate cancer, but the one thing I remember him for his the joy seeing my and my brothers kids becoming 4th generations of Rams fans.

53 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

When I looked at your page,I did one of those ridiculous faces when you smile and cry at the same time and when the Mrs asked me what was wrong I laughed and burst into tears at the same time,followed by,

”Nothing love,it’s the Derby forum”.

”Ahhh,ok”.

Yep, nothing like ex popsiders/DLF going all soft in their old age.

Archived