v Reading (A) Match Thread

rynny

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

People who usually post sensible, logical posts through the week seem to lose all sense of reasoning on match day when things aren't going as planned or how they expected. 

For pity's sake, take a chill pill and calm down - we're 45 minutes into a new season

was crap tho ay

That was utterly dreadful.

We have zero movement, hence all the pissy passing at the back leading to nothing.

Boring, boring Derby. That came due to basic lack of movement.

Please can we sub off Tom Lawrence. He’s so crap. Get Wilson wide left where he’s a much better player and Jozefzoon on the right.

This isn’t panic stations

However, that wasn’t great was it.

Im going to put it down to nerves and the fact that Reading have been tenacious in closing us down, but we do also seem to lack the ability to give the back line (who it seems are under instructions not to lift it off the ground) an option to pass to.

I predict the second half to be much better.

...and I’m not even drunk!

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Very embarrassing 45 minutes for me as I have talked up how good we have looked in pre-season to two Norweigan chaps at the bar I’m watching this in ?

We're just lulling them into a false sense of security, we'll play properly in the second half dw.

Slow to get going. Keogh and davies seeing too much of the ball.

wilson and mount not seeing enough of the ball.

But we came into it in the last ten.

I'm sure it will change but I must say after everything I've heard and read that wasn't the first half of football I was expecting to see.

Mount,Lawrence and wilson epsecially need to get hold of the ball and actually keep it for thirty seconds.

Surprisingly lacklustre.

Come on lads, you're better than this.

Well, that free kick kind of summed us up in the first half. After the Wolves game, that’s got to go down as disappointing. I’m actually quite surprised at the lack of confidence after last week when I thought we were fab.

Hope somebody throws a few effs into them, that first half just won’t do, we know they are better than that.

Still think we’ll get the three points though.

Very disappointing first half, poor passing, too casual, look too physically weak. Shows that pre season means absolutely nothing.Carson is the only player who has turned up today.

The whole back four have been particularly bad, Keogh, Wisdom and Davies’ passing and Lowe’s poor positioning.

We haven’t got anyone to run in behind, Marriott would have been useful in this game, shame he wasn’t ready.

I’d bring Jozefloon on because he’s the only one with natural speed and can go on the outside or inside, Lawrence and Wilson only come inside which is making it predictable.

Archived