18/19 Derby County League Finish Predictor

Day

18/19 Position Predictor  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi all

I reckon 3rd, almost a carbon copy of last season - a slow start, then a good winter run, never below top 6 from Oct onwards, probably unbeaten in 10-15 games at one point, but also probably too many draws to finish 1st or 2nd.  We will score more than most teams around us but also concede more due to a lack of concentration at set pieces and carelessness at the back.  We will often dominate possession but struggle to convert even good chances into goals. 

A typical game, home or away, will see us either (a) scoring a couple and then end up winning 2-1 or drawing 2-2 or (b) conceding first, battling our way back into the game and settling for 1-1.  Not many 0-0 draws though.  Outside of the mid season unbeaten run, during which hopes will be raised and then ultimately dashed, we will once more oscillate between (a) stuffing a team above us 3-0 one week away and then (b) losing 2-1 in the 91st minute to a team 10-15 places below us at home the next, with EXACTLY the same personnel and setup.  No one will ever be able to work out why. 

This will cause FL (and all of us) to end the season with considerably less hair than when he/we started.  A bit of dip at the end but by then we'll be comfortably in the playoffs, having given up hope of a top 2 finish in March.  Once it becomes obvious that we can't finish 1st or 2nd but the playoffs are secure, FL will rest 1st choice players ready for the playoffs and also experiment with line ups/formations, and this will prove controversial.  Thorne will make an important contribution at some point, not sure how or when but he will.  We'll make the playoff final I think, and probably against one of the usual suspects, at which point all we can do is turn up, sing our heads off and hope LOL.

I used to sell Crystal Balls for a living but I couldn't see any future in it ?

COYR!

LR2

I went 4th. This is not down to expectation, but more faith in our management team. 

I’m not looking to put pressure on players or management, that would be unfair but I really believe we wil get an extra 10% out of the players we had last season and the players Frank’s signed so far will have a positive impact too. 

I’m onboard the Frankwagon and very much looking forward to the new season, best of luck to all at DCFC, COYR. ? 

Gone with second, hopefully the squad hits the ground running this year, giving us the early advantage. 

When things go wrong I also trust Lamps and Jody to change things far quicker than Rowett did. 

I don't expect a top two finish this year, I'd be happy to see a marked improvement in our football style and youngster development to be honest. But the gut feeling is this will be a good year, I think we strengthened more effectively than most of our rivals and the Prem teams that were relegated don't look particularly strong. 

32 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Gone with second, hopefully the squad hits the ground running this year, giving us the early advantage. 

When things go wrong I also trust Lamps and Jody to change things far quicker than Rowett did. 

I don't expect a top two finish this year, I'd be happy to see a marked improvement in our football style and youngster development to be honest. But the gut feeling is this will be a good year, I think we strengthened more effectively than most of our rivals and the Prem teams that were relegated don't look particularly strong. 

I will be happy with 2nd, delighted with 1st. Outside of top six then Lampard out, Rowett in. ???

34 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

The three relegated times may be in for a shock! 

8th.

Flashes of brilliance, but a few too many silly points dropped to inexperience from both players and management to finish in the top 6.

We’re transitioning into a different style and it’s a lot to ask us to do that and improve on last year’s points tally.

I would be happy with that. The green shoots of long-term progress.

Went for 6th. The signings, style and performances in pre-season have given me a lot of hope, but I'm still a little worried about whether the team can put in the levels of effort and energy we've seen so far for the majority of the season. And will Frank manage to get the team's morale up during a bad run (if we go on one) because we've seen so many experienced managers struggle to in the past

Archived