Vydra - Leeds fan in peace

Leeds FC

1 hour ago, Leeds FC said:

It seems the deal is definitely going through. He’s been spotted in Leeds today. Not sure you knew but I’d thought I would share the info. Good luck for the season. 

Cheers bud. Thanks for the heads up ? For what it's worth, Vyds is a cracking finisher and a nice lad. I'd say I hope he does well for you but I'd be lying through my teeth.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Pretty hard to see him not signing for Leeds now. I've got no problem with that. Keeps us safely within FFP and allows us to do potentially more business. Also moves a big earner out of the club and a player who, arguably, no longer fits the system.

Happy days!

Was pondering the likelyhood that not only would his fee potentially cover initial payments of Marriott and Waghorn, but maybe also their wages. 

2 hours ago, Leeds FC said:

It seems the deal is definitely going through. He’s been spotted in Leeds today. Not sure you knew but I’d thought I would share the info. Good luck for the season. 

There go my chances of winning the predictions league 2018-19. Vydra can shine in any team..... maybe even Leeds!?

46 minutes ago, northantsram said:

I personally will be happy if this goes through... a player that is a fantastic finisher but like many people have brought up .. is very one dimensional.

My main issue with Vyds though is his head dropping too easily when things are not going his way and his strops on the pitch.

You need a strong mentality to be a top player and he doesn't have that .. hense no prem interest.

If one dimensional means 20 plus goals i'm all for it.  Cloughie prided himself on one dimensional players to do specific jobs and he did ok.  Vydra for Waghorn good god.

12 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If one dimensional means 20 plus goals i'm all for it.  Cloughie prided himself on one dimensional players to do specific jobs and he did ok.  Vydra for Waghorn good god.

well for the money your talking Waghorn and Marriott... that's not a good God situation.

8 minutes ago, northantsram said:

well for the money your talking Waghorn and Marriott... that's not a good God situation.

all about opinions -Marriott worth a punt at the price paid .  Waghorn not for me .  Alan Judge/ Ben Marshall much better at a fifth of the price. Sell some one else or a variety to cover that and keep Vydra.

3 hours ago, Leeds FC said:

What ever you pay for him it’s a bargain. The best natural finisher we’ve had for years. I’m absolutely gutted it appears he’s going. At least he’s going to a big club, even  if it’s a club that’s been in the doldrums of late. He was criminally under utilised last season by a dickwad of a manager. If he had stayed with our current squad and manager, I’m convinced he would have scored 25 plus. Sad, sad loss to our club. But wish him all the best

36 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

8 million for a bloke who can take a corner . .

Yes, that's literally all Waghorn did last season.

It's not like he scored & assist more in open play than the golden boot winner, or anything.

What I would say though is beware the phrases "did well in a poor side" and "think how good he'd be with better players around him" . I'd add them to the Stupid Things That People Say thread myself.

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

Yes, that's literally all Waghorn did last season.

It's not like he scored & assist more in open play than the golden boot winner, or anything.

What I would say though is beware the phrases "did well in a poor side" and "think how good he'd be with better players around him" . I'd add them to the Stupid Things That People Say thread myself.

I think it's  best to look at what someone's done over the career and he's had more clubs than Nick Faldo .  As I said though just my own opinion.

Pretty much one of few who is sad to see Vydra go.

His job is to score goals, he does exactly that and still fans don’t seem overly fussed about him leaving. Rather have happy characters like Nugent around the place, who run and run and miss chance after chance. I doubted  Vydra when he joined, but with confidence he is without a doubt the best finisher in the division.

Plus, with the experience the Leeds manager boasts and scoring 20 odd in a boring side under Rowett, I can see him bagging another 15-20 again easily.

Very good signing for you, ditto Douglas 

22 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Pretty much one of few who is sad to see Vydra go.

His job is to score goals, he does exactly that and still fans don’t seem overly fussed about him leaving. Rather have happy characters like Nugent around the place, who run and run and miss chance after chance. I doubted  Vydra when he joined, but with confidence he is without a doubt the best finisher in the division.

Plus, with the experience the Leeds manager boasts and scoring 20 odd in a boring side under Rowett, I can see him bagging another 15-20 again easily.

Very good signing for you, ditto Douglas 

I still can’t believe Vydra and Martin have been at the same club for nearly two years and have basically never played together!

1 hour ago, Doodle said:

What ever you pay for him it’s a bargain. The best natural finisher we’ve had for years. I’m absolutely gutted it appears he’s going. At least he’s going to a big club, even  if it’s a club that’s been in the doldrums of late. He was criminally under utilised last season by a dickwad of a manager. If he had stayed with our current squad and manager, I’m convinced he would have scored 25 plus. Sad, sad loss to our club. But wish him all the best

Totally disagree. Good finishers when he can be bothered, but that’s it. 

Not bothered in the slightest that he’s being sold. 

Archived