Martyn Waghorny - Signed on a 3 year deal

Carnero

3 minutes ago, Doodle said:

True, great respect and thanks must go out to Mel Morris for making this possible 

Very true Doodle, I hope that the anti Mel brigade now appreciate the roll played by our chairman, absolutely pivotal.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TomG said:

Very true Doodle, I hope that the anti Mel brigade now appreciate the roll played by our chairman, absolutely pivotal.

Thankless task. Ok he made some fook ups early doors . But his heart and wallet have always been in the right place 

Presume now Leeds have withdrawn from the Vydra chase our interest in Waghorn is also over.........  How many times is it now that he has been coming / not coming over the years   ??    We should have known there was no chance of it finally happening. 

Its like the saga of the German Centre Back !!!       An urban myth !!

2 hours ago, t'oldu said:

Presume now Leeds have withdrawn from the Vydra chase our interest in Waghorn is also over.........  How many times is it now that he has been coming / not coming over the years   ??    We should have known there was no chance of it finally happening. 

Its like the saga of the German Centre Back !!!       An urban myth !!

Vorsprung durch technic !

Very strange. Do they need help finding a replacement? We’ve got a couple they can have... 

I can only assume that we’re really far away from the FFP threshold? If we sign Waghorn, plus keep hold of Vydra.. what on earth are we going to do, propose to the league that clubs should start 14 players instead of 11? 

If he comes in, we have frightening options up front. Our bloated squad will really start to show.

Nugent, Jerome, Marriott, Blackman, Martin, Waghorn, Bennett and Vydra all vying for one forward spot. Eight strikers... I don't know many teams at this level that have that much at their disposal ever.

6 minutes ago, HariboWest said:

If he comes in, we have frightening options up front. Our bloated squad will really start to show.

Nugent, Jerome, Marriott, Blackman, Martin, Waghorn, Bennett and Vydra all vying for one forward spot. Eight strikers... I don't know many teams at this level that have that much at their disposal ever.

I imagine those in bold will try to be sold or loaned out and they don’t figure in Franks plans.

IF and it’s a big IF we can move them on then their wages alone will pay for Waghorn.

Would we really be spending 4m on Waghorn if one or more of the below werent happening - 

A) we have someone else in for Vydra

B) we're close to getting rid of a few fringe players like Blackman, Anya, Martin, Thorne, Butterfield etc

C) we arent actually that close to FFP limits

Cant see Lampard & Mel Morris inparticular putting the club in trouble. Yes we have made some poor expensive signings in the past but we havent been put in trouble because of them.

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Would we really be spending 4m on Waghorn if one or more of the below werent happening - 

A) we have someone else in for Vydra

B) we're close to getting rid of a few fringe players like Blackman, Anya, Martin, Thorne, Butterfield etc

C) we arent actually that close to FFP limits

Cant see Lampard & Mel Morris inparticular putting the club in trouble. Yes we have made some poor expensive signings in the past but we havent been put in trouble because of them.

Irrespective of whether they were worth it or not, the transfer fees spent on the likes of Johnson, Anya, Butterfield and Blackman and more importantly, the wages for them, Bryson and Martin have been fundamental in our dalliance with FFP.

Just now, BramcoteRam84 said:

Wow we really are going for it. @DCFC1388 is right, either we’re not that close to FFP or there are other things happening regarding our fringe players.

If we sign Waghorn there is definitely no future for Vydra here, worst case scenario he’ll go on loan somewhere. 

Genuinely wouldn’t be surprised to see Vydra go to a Europa League/Champions League European team

Just now, 1977 Ram Raider said:

I don’t understand why a whole host of clubs, even clubs abroad, are not in for the championship golden boot winner. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Because its not out in the public domaim doesnt mean there isnt the interest there

Archived