Thailand

ilkleyram

Don't know about you lot but I just felt very moved by the pictures of the young Thailand football team that have been found in the cave after 10 days. And that the first voices they heard were British somehow added to it.

Caving is one of those things that you wouldn't get me doing in a million years so well done them.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Don't know about you lot but I just felt very moved by the pictures of the young Thailand football team that have been found in the cave after 10 days. And that the first voices they heard were British somehow added to it.

Caving is one of those things that you wouldn't get me doing in a million years so well done them.

Yeah, caving aint for me either..

They said that they might still be down there for months on the news this morning.. Does not bear thinking about, poor kids.

35 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Still down there are they? ?

Yeah, all 13 of them alive & well (as you can be after being stuck doen a hole for 10 days). I got a bit emotional reading about it last night.

They're saying this morning that they'll have to learn how to dive, to be able to get out......

5 minutes ago, Gritters said:

It took me 2 hours in a swimming pool in the Dominican Republic and I was PADI qualified. 

but their problems are worse than that aren't they.  try doing it after being starved for 10 days in a cave fearing for your life then have to learn to underground scuba in pitch black.  might take a bit more than 2 hours me thinks

3 hours ago, Gritters said:

It took me 2 hours in a swimming pool in the Dominican Republic and I was PADI qualified. 

Not worth the paper its written on. You have only done half the course, unless you missed out the live water part where you, under PADI instruction, put into practice what you learnt in the pool. Then you have a basic PADI open water certificate.

3 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Not worth the paper its written on. You have only done half the course, unless you missed out the live water part where you, under PADI instruction, put into practice what you learnt in the pool. Then you have a basic PADI open water certificate.

I did go under the sea too.

It was meant to be a bit of a joke about the 2 hour lesson in the pool although it is no joke for the kids trapped. 

Apparently, after having been stuck for ten days in a dark cave with no light or food they were asked if they needed anything.

"Can you send a Forest shirt?" one lad asked

"Why?" the diving crew inquired

"What else am I supposed to wipe my arse on?"

On 03/07/2018 at 00:55, ilkleyram said:

Some very brave men risking their their lives here, unusually for the bbc good reporting article on some of the Brits involved.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44690688

To be honest, that Thai government sources all cite their Navy Seals are leading a team of international rescuers doesn’t really matter, for of the many nationalities involved, any who have contributed and are risking their lives, are all equal heroes in every sense of the word.

Fingers crossed the next 2 days see all remaining boys, teachers and rescuers safely out.

3 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

glad theyre out but i hope the teacher's actions are properly scrutinised, particularly as that american guy got killed.

He is a coach not aeteacher I think. He did put them in danger but also then kept safe when the cave started flooding.

Most developing and third world countries have a very different attitude towards danger.

Archived