Thailand

ilkleyram

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really pleased that they've got the boys out safely but the reports stated that the return journey for each trip to the outside was 2.5KM. The 'coach' had no business at all taking other folk's kids that far into a cave system IMHO, unless he was 100% certain he could get them back out with minimal risk or fuss. The risk profile was far too high and he put both the boys' lives and those of the rescue teams at risk. To his credit, he insisted that he be led out last despite being very sick, apparently, but had he not, I think they'd have lynched him. Lessons to be learnt, you'd hope.

7 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Really pleased that they've got the boys out safely but the reports stated that the return journey for each trip to the outside was 2.5KM. The 'coach' had no business at all taking other folk's kids that far into a cave system IMHO, unless he was 100% certain he could get them back out with minimal risk or fuss. The risk profile was far too high and he put both the boys' lives and those of the rescue teams at risk. To his credit, he insisted that he be led out last despite being very sick, apparently, but had he not, I think they'd have lynched him. Lessons to be learnt, you'd hope.

Whilst I agree in part. The authorities have to take some of the blame.

2 Reasons. Only part of the caves (those deemed safe) are open all year round. However they others should be secured so no one can gain access.

Every one in Thailand and the surrounding area knows when the rainy season is, so close the caves a month before and allow no one access for that period.

Archived