Frank's punditry- Clues on how we'll play.

ColonelBlimp

Listening to Frank's half time comments v Tunisia, talked  about energy and movement and speed so I guess we'll need 4 quick and tidy front men with end product.

Counts out Jerome/Nuge and Martin doesn't it? Weimann as well maybe because of his end product?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Listening to Frank's half time comments v Tunisia, talked  about energy and movement and speed so I guess we'll need 4 quick and tidy front men with end product.

Counts out Jerome/Nuge and Martin doesn't it? Weimann as well maybe because of his end product?

No. 

Not getting in to who we’ve got and all the partisan bllx.,I just like the sound of his philosophy and direct none cliched observations. What will be will be but if you set out on the front foot then for me it’s a good start. 

49 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

I suspect that a few tactical phone calls from GR and Frank will be fully on board and will be giving Kieftenbald a call any day soon. ?

When you listen to most of his interviews I am expecting 3 in central midfield now weather that means 3 centre halfs or a flat back four I don’t know but ultimately if we still have Vydra then our forward options remain interesting if we actually use martin

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, jono said:

Not getting in to who we’ve got and all the partisan bllx.,I just like the sound of his philosophy and direct none cliched observations. What will be will be but if you set out on the front foot then for me it’s a good start. 

Maybe I'm biased, but he is one of the few pundits who actually sounds like he knows what he's talking about. 

PistoldPete2
59 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

He said midfielders running in behind(opposing) defenders,not midfielders staying with our own defenders.

That’s a big difference.

I give you Chris Martin and Craig Bryson.

Sounds like Mac 3

This thread is superb.  It's peak footie fan in close season.  We are analysing every action and word Frank says to try and divine his plans with Derby. Wonder why our families think we're obsessed???!

Archived