Frank's punditry- Clues on how we'll play.

ColonelBlimp

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets all take a second to realize that it will take Lampard probably 4 transfer windows to mould his team appropriately. Maybe some players dont fit the style but if we have no money or cant get anyone in to replace them were going have to stick with them till January at least. I believe that half the battle in professional football is getting players into a positive Mentality. If we can bring some players in and get the players we have now playing freely and enjoying themselves then we can go as far as we want to. No player wants to play football as just a job, They want to be enjoying every match day and training session and should love being part of Derby County Football Club - I believe Mr Lampard can bring this to our club....

4 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Lets all take a second to realize that it will take Lampard probably 4 transfer windows to mould his team appropriately.

Maybe some players dont fit the style but if we have no money or cant get anyone in to replace them were going have to stick with them till January at least. I believe that half the battle in professional football is getting players into a positive Mentality. If we can bring some players in and get the players we have now playing freely and enjoying themselves then we can go as far as we want to. No player wants to play football as just a job, They want to be enjoying every match day and training session and should love being part of Derby County Football Club - I believe Mr Lampard can bring this to our club....

I agree with what you say in the second para. I think the first para is a bit of an over-stated cliché. You have to work with what you've got and next season he'll have a preseason and transfer window before he starts a game proper - that should be enough to get started. After that surely it's a constant 'repainting the Forth Bridge' scenario. The squad will always be in a state of flux, never fixed...

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I agree with what you say in the second para. I think the first para is a bit of an over-stated cliché. You have to work with what you've got and next season he'll have a preseason and transfer window before he starts a game proper - that should be enough to get started. After that surely it's a constant 'repainting the Forth Bridge' scenario. The squad will always be in a state of flux, never fixed...

I agree with you. I think the same but for some reason my low expectation level is seeping through. Id love a new styled team next season......

3 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

I agree with you. I think the same but for some reason my low expectation level is seeping through. Id love a new styled team next season......

I'm hoping Frankie can do a Mac1 with the squad, there's talent there, it's about getting them playing together well. But also they have to believe - I think the squad's lack of belief and enjoyment won out last season!

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm hoping Frankie can do a Mac1 with the squad, there's talent there, it's about getting them playing together well. But also they have to believe - I think the squad's lack of belief and enjoyment won out last season!

This is Franks first job in management, he will need time and patience , most fans I know will give him this, if we are bottom half at Christmas no need to panic, this club needs a bit of stability, and I think in time Frank will mould his playing style and squad to get us where we all want to be, this should be a 3 year plan to get us back to the premiership, which even Mac 1 did not manage.

12 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

He said midfielders running in behind(opposing) defenders,not midfielders staying with our own defenders.

That’s a big difference.

I give you Chris Martin and Craig Bryson.

I don't think we could give Chris Martin away, based on his wages, we may have to find a system to suit him, but then again we don't really have midfield runners. Bryson's days of box to box are behind him. 

11 hours ago, needles said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44434276

We score. Lineker does what I did except with less spilt beer.

Coolest cat is Frank. Grins, picks up his pen and makes a note.

Don't know what it means. Just thought I'd point it out as maybe an insight into an analytical cool head. Maybe. Or summat. Wibble.

Caught this link which says ‘what Frank would give to have a Kane at Derby’ .... Sounds like a pop already yet I’d suggest there are several teams be quite keen on a Kane ?

BC74FA4F-5350-41B7-B184-D92082B316D4.png

1 hour ago, Derby blood said:

This is Franks first job in management, he will need time and patience , most fans I know will give him this, if we are bottom half at Christmas no need to panic, this club needs a bit of stability, and I think in time Frank will mould his playing style and squad to get us where we all want to be, this should be a 3 year plan to get us back to the premiership, which even Mac 1 did not manage.

Because Mac1 didn't get three years! My point was in reply to EdtheRam - the old cliché of needing (lots of) time to get their own squad, a managers squad will always change over time.

I'm sure Frank will get time if the shoots of good attacking football are there, but there is no reason why with this squad and/or with other players brought in, that he shouldn't be aiming for top 6. Even Rowett managed that. 

6 minutes ago, Spanish said:

can't imagine that the BBC would chose a Championship manager as a pundit as a rule.  Interesting to see whether he gets called again irrespective of his TV performance

It was only because this was agreed prior to him being our manager. I really can’t see him doing stuff punditry wise again after these two games. 

I watched a video on youtube the other day ( that i cant find now) and Frank was talking about how he would of got the best out of him and Gerrard for England.

He said he would have them as a two with a holding midfielder behind them (Barry or Hargreaves he mentioned) to give them more protection to attack He also said he likes wingers to come into the middle to help out to make it a 5 man midfield at times.

Not saying thats how we will play but it was an interesting interview and he went into quite a bit of depth about it.

8 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I don't think we could give Chris Martin away, based on his wages, we may have to find a system to suit him, but then again we don't really have midfield runners. Bryson's days of box to box are behind him. 

You could be right mate.

I hope Martin and Brys both get a chance.

I’m hopeful that Frank has people in mind who can fit the role.

I was just happy to hear Frank say he liked midfielders running in behind.

20 hours ago, leamram said:

I've found it, its a pretty good watch anyway (sorry if its been shared elsewhere)

That's really interesting to hear the honesty about the England set up. Paul Scholes said pretty much the same and that's why he gave it up early. 

We already see how many "injuries" happen before friendlies. The England manager job is extremely tough. 

At least Southgate has a team that's still fresh and excited like Lampard and Scholes were before they found it tough. 

The first task of any manager is breaking down that club loyalty. 

I wonder how it worked when Spain had Real and Barca players taking up 10 of their starting 11. Is it easier because they have more players who are close or do you get a rival divide that had to be dealt with by the manager?

Archived