Snake City watch

Zag zig

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/01/2019 at 09:35, RadioactiveWaste said:

They should keep him and back him in the transfer market.

Thorne, Anya, Butterfield, Johnson to Stoke for a combined £15m all on 4 year contracts then sack him February.

Ahhhhhh the good old FM clearout cheat.

16 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Its all about right-sizing. Don't get rid of rowett, make Stoke City the size of Birmingham City three years ago and rowett becomes just the man. It's actually a plan of diabolical genius so dense the average urinal craftsmen just can't see it yet.

Shouldn't that be 'urinal artisan'?

From the Guardian sport blog (below the other stuff)

Rowett’s Stoke move a nice little earner but at what price?

So, Gary Rowett, how did that one work out for you? A decent payoff, undoubtedly, but if the stories are true about Stoke planning to move him out, what price a manager’s reputation?

Unfortunately for Rowett, he probably shouldn’t expect much in the way of public sympathy given the circumstances of his departure from Derby, the club where he supposedly had a special connection, to pitch up at the other end of the A50 last summer.

It didn’t feel like much of an upgrade whatsoever but Stoke, Rowett figured, had a bigger budget and he was willing to prove the point by abandoning a team that reached last season’s play-offs. All of which makes it rather awkward that Stoke currently occupy 14th position in the Championship. A “Rowett Out” banner was brandished at the last game to accompany the chants of “You don’t know what you’re doing” (first heard on 22 August). His team have won eight of 26 league fixtures and regular Stoke-watchers tell me the style of football has been a complete turn-off. Which, without wishing to sound too cruel, is not an accolade any Stoke manager should desire if you saw the club under some of Rowett’s predecessors.

As for Rowett’s previous employers, they are going along quite nicely with Frank Lampard in charge, sixth in the Championship and not out of the question when it comes to automatic promotion. Ever heard that saying – Brian Clough, another former Derby manager, was fond of using it – about the grass not necessarily being greener on the other side?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/jan/06/jonjo-shelvey-paul-pogba-fa-referees-video-evidence

40 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

The only thing that amuses me on here is the Stoke fan on the Oatcake forum who suggested a song by The Electric Chairs as a terrace chant for Gary Rowett, will let you pop pickers discover what the track was....

Something about ducks?

3 hours ago, Inglorius said:

The only thing that amuses me on here is the Stoke fan on the Oatcake forum who suggested a song by The Electric Chairs as a terrace chant for Gary Rowett, will let you pop pickers discover what the track was....

LOL I had forgot Wayne (Jayne) County completely.

Didn't realise there was so much culture in that part of the potteries.

20 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

Stoke-watchers tell me the style of football has been a complete turn-off. Which, without wishing to sound too cruel, is not an accolade any Stoke manager should desire if you saw the club under some of Rowett’s predecessors.

BURN BABY BURN! ?

22 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I personally think they should give Gary another chance - give him another £50 mil to spend in January and reckon he'll be able to turn things around.  

agreed it is only fair, I think we should also help out by providing some players at an extortionate  fair price

50 minutes ago, Spanish said:

agreed it is only fair, I think we should also help out by providing some players at an extortionate  fair price

To Gary his dues, he's not trying to bugger up one season, he's building a squad to hang like a millstone around the clubs neck for years to come, and he's only had one window to do so.

Archived