Unpopular opinions: Football but not DCFC

IlsonDerby

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Oh in that case it must be the likes of the multi-season wonder Salah, or the brilliant supporters who have taken them from Europa League fodder to Champions League finalists and Premier League title-challengers (33 points from a possible 39 so far this season).

and remind me.....what have they actually WON under Klopp....??

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

and remind me.....what have they actually WON under Klopp....??

Devils advocate here but if the measure of a manager is winning something why do you go out of your way to tell everyone how good Billy Davies is? Did we finish 3rd or 4th with him in charge?

4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

klopp isn’t that good

Depends what you meat by that good? His achievements at Dortmund were excellent. In terms of what he has achieved at Liverpool, domestically they are finishing where they should given what he has spent. In European competition probably better than expected.

Man City dominating the league is quite funny 

Not sure why.

West Hams ground is really nice

Nice stadium probably not suited for football. 

MK Dons are ok and shouldn’t be subject to all the crap they get thrown at them 

Don't think many people have the issue with MK Dons having a team, just the fans of Wimbledon that got dumped on.

I’m not sure I want safe standing to come in

Why would this affect you in any way, shape or form? Seems a spiteful view rather than unpopular.

VAR is good, It improves the game and the quality of the decision making but I don’t want It, I prefer the mistakes in there

Kind of agree that football will lose something if all decisions are correct!

refs do a great job 

Some do, some don't. The standard in our division this season has been unusually poor for some reason.

18 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Would have to disagree. This will lead to the Non-league teams charging more.

Already; Romulus FC charged 8 quid for a game against Ilkeston.

Chesterfield are charging 20 odd quid for awful conference games.

I even think 5 quid is a bit steep for Ilkeston, Heanor, Eastwood games. I understand these clubs need to charge this amount to stay afloat but i don't believe the amount matches the quality of football.

And that's on top of the fuel bill for a 32 light year round trip ?

18 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

klopp isn’t that good

Man City dominating the league is quite funny 

West Hams ground is really nice

MK Dons are ok and shouldn’t be subject to all the crap they get thrown at them 

I’m not sure I want safe standing to come in

VAR is good, It improves the game and the quality of the decision making but I don’t want It, I prefer the mistakes in there

refs do a great job 

I'm with you on this.  The human errors add to the drama and makes football what it is.  Even with VAR, the data is still interpreted by humans who still screw it up.  France's penalty in the WC final,  and Mark Cueto's try being chalked off against South Africa in 2007 are two examples that spring to mind.  NFL refs get it wrong a lot of the time as well...

16 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Don't think many people have the issue with MK Dons having a team, just the fans of Wimbledon that got dumped on.

I have an issue with them having a place in the league. They didn't just dump on Wimbledon, they dumped on the integrity of the English league structure in it's entirety by stealing a league place rather than working for it like every other team has to. I won't accept MK Franchise as a legitimate football club until they give up the position they stole and work their way through non league like they should have in the first place.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Klopp has won more Premier League games in 3 days than Davies has in his whole career ?

Meuspach is trolling. It's been proven that Davies is a dreadful manager. For 3 seasons he had one of the biggest war chests at Championship level and repeatedly failed to win promotion. He managed to oust one of the most generous chairmen in the league and built exactly nothing in his time at Forest. His 5-0 humiliation at the hands of a team built for a fraction of the cost of his own is what he is and should be remembered for. The fact he hasn't had a job in the 4 years since that humiliation says everything that needs to be said about his ability. He got found out.

30 minutes ago, Anon said:

Meuspach is trolling. It's been proven that Davies is a dreadful manager. For 3 seasons he had one of the biggest war chests at Championship level and repeatedly failed to win promotion. He managed to oust one of the most generous chairmen in the league and built exactly nothing in his time at Forest. His 5-0 humiliation at the hands of a team built for a fraction of the cost of his own is what he is and should be remembered for. The fact he hasn't had a job in the 4 years since that humiliation says everything that needs to be said about his ability. He got found out.

You're wrong, it's all a conspiracy against him.  Or so he says when he comes out from under his tin foil duvet...

2 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

You're wrong, it's all a conspiracy against him.  Or so he says when he comes out from under his tin foil duvet...

He's just waiting for the payout to come through from the brutal assault he suffered at the hands of Nigel. If he gets a job the dss will stop his invalidity benefit.

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Klopp has won more Premier League games in 3 days than Davies has in his whole career ?

Yep....and Billy has won more play off finals and championship promotions in one afternoon than Klopp ever will do in his whole career...but Billy hasn’t hugged his players as many times as Klopp or broke his glasses or said poo on TV and that’s all that matters. 

18 hours ago, cannable said:

context

/ˈkɒntɛkst/

noun

the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood.

There's no point arguing with bigotry, it's like playing chess with a pigeon. 

23 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Yep....and Billy has won more play off finals and championship promotions in one afternoon than Klopp ever will do in his whole career...but Billy hasn’t hugged his players as many times as Klopp or broke his glasses or said poo on TV and that’s all that matters. 

Are you seriously comparing the managerial achievements of Jurgen Klopp and Billy Davies?! ?????

FWIW Klopp actually got Mainz promoted from the 2nd flight to the Bundesliga so he has the same number of promotions as Billy Davies.

I think Klopp is more likely judged on 2 Bundesliga titles, and 2 Champions League finals rather than hugging his players and saying poo.

32 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Are you seriously comparing the managerial achievements of Jurgen Klopp and Billy Davies?! ?????

FWIW Klopp actually got Mainz promoted from the 2nd flight to the Bundesliga so he has the same number of promotions as Billy Davies.

I think Klopp is more likely judged on 2 Bundesliga titles, and 2 Champions League finals rather than hugging his players and saying poo.

Jurgen Klopp isn't a narcissist & talk about himself in the 3rd person.  End of argument...

Archived