What players do think frank lampard and jody morris be looking at from under 23

B4ev6is

3 hours ago, Saity said:

I know everyone wants our young players to come through but are they good enough...I would say only Thomas and maybe Elsnik are maybe good enough ....all the players that went on loan didn’t exactly hold down a regular place ...so if Lowe Gordon etc can’t get a start with Shrewsbury and Swindon how are they good enough to start for us...our recruitment in my view leaves a lot to be desired ...I actually don’t see many of our young players as being good enough ....

Think 'Guy' got Man of the Match quite a bit at Bradford

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Making it from the youth team to the first team is about a few things. 

It isnt just about skill and being the best at under23s its about a players attitude and application always remember joey barton saying more skillful players than him didnt make it 

its about what the first team needs, whether you will fit in to the style & add something to the side or whether the first team is that good you play in a position that they can sacrifice to give someone a chance (not play in the spine of the team) 

i think bogles got the best chance. Other than wisdom we have no RB if we dont bring in another bogles the no2 if we bring in another & play wisdom at CB again bogle is no2 

some of the others are lower in the pecking order for their position so theyre going to have to be a big prospect (next will Hughes) to get a good chance 

5 hours ago, Saity said:

I know everyone wants our young players to come through but are they good enough...I would say only Thomas and maybe Elsnik are maybe good enough ....all the players that went on loan didn’t exactly hold down a regular place ...so if Lowe Gordon etc can’t get a start with Shrewsbury and Swindon how are they good enough to start for us...our recruitment in my view leaves a lot to be desired ...I actually don’t see many of our young players as being good enough ....

Elsnik, Guy and maybe Bogle are all better than Thomas imo. 

6 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I think frank lampard should be looking at callium guy  kelly gordon elsank lad but that wing signed from scotland I hope he is given a chance during pre season but another lad I like to given a chance first team during pre season max bird and zanla lad but of course he be looking at players from world cup from some of small nations frank lampard while he is out there.

All of them if they are doing their jobs properly. 

Based on U23 matches and what I’ve heard and read, I’d speculate that those ready to be on the periphery of the first team include Elsnik, Guy, Bogle and Lowe. Thomas should be on the bench at least and Bennett too depending on formation. 

I could never really see Alex Babos getting much of a chance under Rowett, but he's my dark horse. Always liked him, and I do like midfielders with 2 good feet ( and not a little ability).

9 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Elsnik, Guy and maybe Bogle are all better than Thomas imo. 

Yeah. That was my impression too from what I've seen. In my opinion these three (plus obviously Thomas) will be around the first team.

12 hours ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

What happened with that McDonald at lb? He got a great review with his appearance in last seasons pre season and then absolutely nothing. After all our failings at lb and Lowe going out on loan I thought he’d be given at least a sub appearance. 

He’s sort of another Hanson. Can play LB, CB or DM.

Lowe is ahead of him in that LB position and Sibley is very highly rated - I wouldn’t be surprised to see him ‘do a Bogle’ this season. 

There’s a lot of first team players blocking the pathway in the DM area. Then there’s Hanson, Guy, Bird, etc from the younger lads. 

I reckon CB is his best shot at making it with us. It’s where we have the least competition but there’s a lot of his game in which he needs to improve if this is to be his position (a bit rash in the challenge for example). 

For the standards Lampard will be demanding immediately, I can't honestly see many of our U23s breaking through to the first team. Maybe Elsnik will be the exception.

I do think they'll be looking more to use youth from Chelsea and other premier league/European teams, mixed with current players and new experienced players (Terry).

That's for this season - longer term I do think Lampard and Morris will create enough of a buzz around the youth setup to make them work harder and take their chances when they do come.

Our U23s have done well, but they're hardly ripping up Premier League 2, and the teams above us in that league have already either promoted their very best players into the first team or they're on-loan somewhere in Europe.

1 minute ago, jimbobram said:

Who has genuinely seen enough of them to make an opinion on whether they are good enough ? Especially the ones that haven't even been out on loan.

Fair point, but I think a lot of us have at least seen a bit of them playing in PL2 against similar standard players, plus there's a reason they're not already breaking into the first team - and that's largely to do with not trusting them or not wanting to break their confidence in high pressure games.

For me, I'm all for using them all for the League Cup - I've always thought that that's the best way to test them. Do or die.

16 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Yes mate I am

He says he wants to play quick attacking football this one way to do it with some ageing players in the team we need youth to step up and to make extra man or make passing opaptiom easier.

What better way to get quick attacking football than call our players in early to pre-season and tire them out before the first game! 

2 hours ago, jimbobram said:

Who has genuinely seen enough of them to make an opinion on whether they are good enough ? Especially the ones that haven't even been out on loan.

I can’t understand the people who keep suggesting McAllister. He’s played 20 mins for the under 23s in a year and half and people say he can play in the first team. How have they come to that opinion. He’ll be lucky to play 10 games for the u23s this year, if he can ever get fit. 

Well thanks to RamsTV it's harder to watch the ones out on loan than our academy players ?

There are at least a few of us on here who watch a great deal of the youth. But even those of us who have are not really qualified to have a real opinion, judging youth prospects is a tricky business - even for people who have done it for a living for years.

A lot of people are throwing Thomas' name out, and a few of those people will be doing so because they saw him a couple of times last season. And its true, that does put him in good stead.

For those who don't know though, while Jayden Bogle didn't play at all for the first team last season, he spent most of the second half of the season training exclusively with the first team. He is very much in the picture.

Elsnik, Guy, probably Vernam will likely join in that capacity come the start of the season.

During pre-season, a good 10 or so of the youth, or maybe all of them, will be training with the first team. If any others impress, they will train with the first team even if they dont play with them. If any of those 5 mentioned above impress, they'll probably see involvement in the early stages of the season. At least, this is how most clubs usually work.

This "hidden step" (hidden, because it isnt usually in the news etc.) of starting to train with the first team while still playing with the U23s is hugely important. They must integrate into that environment before they'll play in the first team with any regularity. They don't just hop from playing U23 football to playing first team football.

Thomas and Bogle have an advantage in that regard. Elsnik trained a little with the first team before he went out on loan.

Archived