Jody Morris

oldtimeram

3 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

So you can't employ a person who as been a naughty boy but a person who is naughty while you are employing them is forgiven and doesn't warrant the sack. 

I never said he didn't deserve the sack. To be honest I didn't even know it had happened. 

I think we probably should have sacked him actually. 

But then if it was James Maddison I obviously wouldn't want to waive goodbye to £20m+ and we'd be the laughing stock of football. So that's an interesting question.

But still not a relevant once. 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Why are you so bothered about who we employ?

I'm not..... I just thought it was universally accepted that Jody Morris is an unpleasant person, but obviously not. 

It has been 10 years since Joey Barton was last convicted of a crime now, so I guess we have to consider him fully rehabilitated and a highly respectable member of society too? 

Its only fair, both Morris and Barton last got a conviction in 2008... can't apply double standards. 

I am jealous of the strikers you have though. 

11 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

I never said he didn't deserve the sack. To be honest I didn't even know it had happened. 

I think we probably should have sacked him actually. 

But then if it was James Maddison I obviously wouldn't want to waive goodbye to £20m+ and we'd be the laughing stock of football. So that's an interesting question.

But still not a relevant once. 

Sounding very much like double standards.

2 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Martin & Jerome?

Apparently Chris Martin hasn't broken a sweat at Reading, so no thanks.... you can pay the bloke to do nothing for the next 2 years.

I'd have Jerome back though. 

I'd probably have Nugent in fairness.... we literally have 2 strikers and both of them are poo. 

49 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Ive just looked through my contact list and don’t have either number. 

I did find Luke Skywalker and Will Hughes though, which I didn’t know I had. 

I have Andre Wisdom’s number for reasons I don’t even know 

16 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

I have no idea if he is any good, never heard anybody bigging him up and he's been playing for Grimsby where he has failed to score in 29 games despite being an attacking player... so I suspect he's crap.

It would be good for club shop revenue if he does turn out to be good though with a 9 character surname. 

But the PFA can make it very difficult for a club to sack a player.

Don't see the relevance though really... because the decision to employ him was made prior to the offence being committed. If you applied for a job with the police today you'll be eligible if you haven't got a conviction. 

But subsequently getting a conviction does not necessarily mean that you are dismissed from the force, depending on what crime you commit.  

So you can keep a player on after he has been drink driving but someone cannot be employed after they have?

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Sounding very much like double standards.

Well yeah obviously, what else could it be.

But Derby fans are getting really defensive over a Chelsea employee that has never played or worked for Derby in any capacity, based on a tabloid rumour that he may come and work with a man who may or may not be your new manager.

And if you ask me.... that's a bit weird. You are going to be heartbroken if Frank isn't your manager now aren't you? That is probably giving him quite a bit of leverage when it comes to his wages, fans are effectively appointing him and your chairman will be afraid of the consequences if you don't appoint him now ?

8 minutes ago, rynny said:

So you can keep a player on after he has been drink driving but someone cannot be employed after they have?

I didn't say he "cannot be employed".

I actually said:

"Would you really want anybody who has such a disregard for other peoples lives working for your club?"

It was a yes or no question, and in fairness one of you did give a straight answer. The rest of you started talking about a bang average Norwich youth player who will probably never play another league game or somebody who played for us in 2004 who sent a couple of dodgy texts (but didn't break the law). 

I wouldn't want Norwich to give Jody Morris a job, but that's just one mans opinion. You have made it very clear that your opinion is different and would be happy to have him at Derby, and that is fair enough. 

I wouldn't want Joey Barton at Norwich either, for similar reasons. Obviously you'd be happy to have him at Derby because his crimes were committed 10 years ago and are in the past and he has not re-offended and now understand that putting a cigar out in somebodies eye isn't acceptable behavior, and that's fair enough too. 

6 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

But Derby fans are getting really defensive over a Chelsea employee that has never played or worked for Derby in any capacity, based on a tabloid rumour that he may come and work with a man who may or may not be your new manager.

And if you ask me.... that's a bit weird. You are going to be heartbroken if Frank isn't your manager now aren't you? That is probably giving him quite a bit of leverage when it comes to his wages, fans are effectively appointing him and your chairman will be afraid of the consequences if you don't appoint him now ?

Yes, Frank is asking for another 5k a week because some guy from Norwich has managed to fish a load of replies.

But anyway. You're jealous. I'm calling you out on it. 

7 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

I actually said:

"Would you really want anybody who has such a disregard for other peoples lives working for your club?"

It was a yes or no question, and in fairness one of you did give a straight answer. The rest of you started talking about a bang average Norwich youth player who will probably never play another league game or somebody who played for us in 2004 who sent a couple of dodgy texts (but didn't break the law). 

I wouldn't want Norwich to give Jody Morris a job, but that's just one mans opinion. You have made it very clear that your opinion is different and would be happy to have him at Derby, and that is fair enough. 

I wouldn't want Joey Barton at Norwich either, for similar reasons. Obviously you'd be happy to have him at Derby because his crimes were committed 10 years ago and are in the past and he has not re-offended and now understand that putting a cigar out in somebodies eye isn't acceptable behavior, and that's fair enough too. 

Why are you having a debate with yourself about a potential future employee of ours? 

Have you been on Chelsea’s Fans forums telling them to sack their under-18’s coach??? No, thought not

3 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

I actually said:

I wouldn't want Joey Barton at Norwich either, for similar reasons. Obviously you'd be happy to have him at Derby because his crimes were committed 10 years ago and are in the past, and that's fair enough too. 

Are Ipswich fans on holiday mate . Your dragging this one on a bit .   We might start thinking your a red dog undercover.

30 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

I'm not..... I just thought it was universally accepted that Jody Morris is an unpleasant person, but obviously not. 

It has been 10 years since Joey Barton was last convicted of a crime now, so I guess we have to consider him fully rehabilitated and a highly respectable member of society too? 

Its only fair, both Morris and Barton last got a conviction in 2008... can't apply double standards. 

I am jealous of the strikers you have though. 

Joey Barton isn't joining us is he?

5 minutes ago, Norman said:

But anyway. You're jealous. I'm calling you out on it. 

Jealous of a lot of the clubs and squads in this division at the minute matey, my club is in a mess and a lot of our fans are in denial. 

Doesn't require a celebrity manager to make me jealous.

18 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

You're the one who brought his issues up. You asked a question and it got answered. Don't worry yourself over it

14 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Joey Barton isn't joining us is he?

And Jody Morris is? 

I know I've wound you all up a bit, and obviously played devils advocate.

But its just a tabloid rumour, you are all acting like I'm attacking one of your own. 

I'd understand if I was slagging off Marco Gabbiadini ?

1 minute ago, NorwichLad said:

And Jody Morris is? 

I know I've wound you all up a bit, and obviously played devils advocate.

But its just a tabloid rumour, you are all acting like I'm attacking one of your own. 

I'd understand if I was slagging off Marco Gabbiadini ?

(Incidentally.... I worked for a company that sold and installed a conservatory at Gabbiadini's house in about 2003 and he bought with finance, you'd be surprised how much he was earning at Northampton!). 

No-one cares about Norwich, no-ones wound up, just bemused that you care so much about us

9 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

Apparently Chris Martin hasn't broken a sweat at Reading, so no thanks.... you can pay the bloke to do nothing for the next 2 years.

I'd have Jerome back though. 

If all of this is just to ask for Jerome you needn't have bothered. Please take him.

Archived