Jody Morris

oldtimeram

1 minute ago, NorwichLad said:

I first came on here the day you signed Chris Martin and said it was a great signing on a free, none of you believed me.

Then I said that Bradley Johnson is a rubbish signing unless you play him on the left side of midfield and get him into goalscoring positions and was a poor defensive midfielder because of his rubbish passing, none of you believed me and were really excited about your new midfield general.  

Then I came on here to tell people that Cameron Jerome is a decent player when you were all gutted to sign him, which made you feel better. And you saw I was right at the end of the season. 

But saying that Lampard is a big risk, Morris is scum and Lambert is under rated and would be a good appointment for you hasn't gone down very well at all. 

The problem is.... I've got quite a good track record in a 5 year post history and have largely got it spot on so far. 

I didn't say you'd said owt wrong in the past. I believe I said you were a perfectly reasonable poster.

It's just your persistence with the anti-Lampard and Morris rhetoric doesn't quite fit the character - you weren't nearly as persistent when people disagreed with your positive opinions, you just left them to their (eventually wrong) opinions. 

And to be fair, I'm not really all that bothered that you're a non-Derby fan doing it - I get equally irritated by Derby posters on here who post repetitive cynical opinion that seems predetermined and stubborn - it's basically a pointless thing to share for discussion. Don't worry, if it Morris does something scumbag-y while at Derby I'll remember you said you think he's scum. I'm sure that would be important to you.

Lampard being a risk isn't news to anyone, I doubt anyone's at all bothered by that.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

Frank's alright, worth a punt I guess. 

Jody Morris is effectively a prolific offender who because of that would give his CV put in the rejected pile for any job which requires GCSE Math and English if he was your or me. 

On civvy street his career options would be scrap metal collector, labourer, or bin man. 

I guess with all the posts on here that you have not got a job. Too much time on your hands

2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

You're taking some grief mate but I respect your persistence and you always raise interesting points...you back them up with thought it's not mindless baiting!

However, you're stretching the point here to ridiculous lengths. Over a decade ago he got a bit drunk and lairy and peoplr got upset..sorry, not a big deal. He made a mistake. I personally find the constant apologising expected just too much sometimes, he said sorry so move on.

I do take your point about the friends he has made. But I prefer to think that's a positive. He's no shrinking violet, he's an alpha male who is intelligent but can mix it with the high profile players and ve one of the lads. We don't need a so-so Southgate or Le Saux constantly worrying if they appear studious enough.

I'm interested in seeing how Lampard gets on.

Seems to be quite a smart fella and should in theory be able to command respect for his achievements in the game.

Admire Derby for trying something different instead of participating in the usual merry go round. Although if it goes wrong then somebody who has been around the block will suddenly become an attractive option again.

Good luck to you. 

Just now, BathRam72 said:

I guess with all the posts on here that you have not got a job. Too much time on your hands

Some people do shift work with variable hours you know mate, like prison officers and nurses, and some people even work 4 on 4 off. 

Not everybody follows a standard 9 to 5. 

5 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

6 goals in 21 shots for you probably makes him the most clinical finisher in the league pal. 

Palmer. 2 goals, 6 shots. 

Winnall and Vydra will be similar to Jerome and scored higher quality goals. 

So thats 1 maybe 3 players who are more clinical just in our squad from last season. Wonder how many others there are in the league. 

14 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

Then I said that Bradley Johnson is a rubbish signing unless you play him on the left side of midfield and get him into goalscoring positions and was a poor defensive midfielder because of his rubbish passing, none of you believed me and were really excited about your new midfield general.  

9f5f2e88b5c58100b3a7296c7882edc9.png

"I knew he wouldn't work out, but I'm really shocked he didn't work out."

OK mate

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Palmer. 2 goals, 6 shots. 

Winnall and Vydra will be similar to Jerome and scored higher quality goals. 

So thats 1 maybe 3 players who are more clinical just in our squad from last season. Wonder how many others there are in the league. 

Don't know why you are bringing injured Sheffield Wednesday players into this. 

Jerome is as clinical as Vydra according to the stats.... 3.57 shots per goal for Vydra and 3.5 shots per goal for Jerome. 

37 minutes ago, Norman said:

I don't think that is the story, is it?

They were stranded due to the attacks.  They stripped, were drunk and loutish, and there happened to be some Americans nearby. A day after the attacks. 

Nobody targetted abuse at Americans and nobody was celebrating the death of Americans.

Doesn't have the same dramatic effect if you tell the real story though.

I actually heard from a chamber maid that Morris and Terry were running round the hotel pretending to be planes and knocking Gudjohnsen, who was pretending to be The World Trade Centre, to the ground. Lampard being the sensible one of the group just sat quietly in the corner dressed as Bin Laden.

Norwich lad, your opinions on Chris Martin, Cameron Jerome and Paul Lambert have got to be respected, particularly for the two players at the time they were signed because you had seen them play and knew a lot about them and we did not. However whatever views you have on the possible appointment of frank Lampard or on Mel Morris aren't worth poo     

Just now, Gerry Daly said:

However whatever views you have on the possible appointment of frank Lampard or on Mel Morris aren't worth poo     

Mel Morris? 

Don't get me started on him.

Owes me big time for a lot of lost sexual intercourse during the 12 months my missus spent addicted to candy crush.

Hope he stubs his toe. 

2 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Norwich lad, your opinions on Chris Martin, Cameron Jerome and Paul Lambert have got to be respected, particularly for the two players at the time they were signed because you had seen them play and knew a lot about them and we did not. However whatever views you have on the possible appointment of frank Lampard or on Mel Morris aren't worth poo     

Jody* (we know what you meant)

but I'm sure no-one will use that typo to divert the conversation.

EDIT: Oh... 

2 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Nope, they are poo

Just now, NorwichLad said:

Ever considered a career in tabloid journalism?  

We know you've got a pretty decent track record with your opinions in recent years, so there's no need to lie to try and make yourself look better 

And by now, I think we've got your point. We shouldn't employ Morris because of his criminal history, Lampard is a risk and Lambert is who we should have probably gone for. We get it

Archived