Jody Morris

oldtimeram

Sorry to digress on here guys, but muppets like that, who look down on people trying to turn their lives around, only to be blighted by names and stereotypes..... are what’s really wrong in this country. Hope attitudes like that die out for me.

Iam talking petty crimes and offences, not the likes of murder, child abuse, rape etc. 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

You really are a low person.

So I'm a "low person" for thinking that some sentences for some crimes are not sufficient and that there should be severe penalties for people who drink drive for a second time in just a few years? Jody Morris got 80 hours community service, wow. Or low for dare suggesting that those who serve prison sentences should in some way go on to contribute towards the cost of their detention as a way of repaying society and the taxpayer as part of their rehabilitation and reintegration into society?

I hope any of your family have never been in a position of where they have done something wrong for you to judge them all holier than thou.

A cousin of mine committed an armed robbery of a small independent shop with a knife to fund his heroin addiction. He only served about 2 years in prison. The victim was so traumatized that he could never return to work. I have zero respect for the cousin and only sympathise with the victim. The cousin had already had about 100 convictions... constant menace to and drain on society, probably cheaper to keep him locked up indefinitely so perhaps he should be. 

you still never answered my original reply. I’m I scum?

Not sure really depends what you did, can only find mention of your gambling addiction. That's not illegal. There is somebody with your name who was jailed for 25 years last year for something very serious though, perhaps something to think about before you next tell somebody to google your name with no context or hints about what they should be looking for.

Feel free to stay hidden behind your username on here sweet pea. Cowards usually do.....

Why would my name change anything about my opinion? I'll happily tell anybody in any pub straight to their face that I think people who get drunk and then drive are scum and I don't care if I take a punch for it. I have called the police on drunk people I see getting in their car on more than one occasion, and I don't care if it makes me a "snitch" in the eyes of the rampant underclass. 

You see.... I've lost two childhood friends to drink driving, and neither of them were the drinkers. Sorry if you think me having this opinion makes me a "low person". 

I just think that 80 hours of community service is a pathetic sentence for somebody who was essentially very lucky that they weren't the next Lee Hughes or Luke McCormick. 

But if you want to get upset on behalf of drunk drivers then go for it, I think I'm taking the moral stance. I don't really understand the implied relationship between problem gamblers and people who get drunk and then go racing their car about, but clearly that's just me? 

8 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

So I'm a "low person" for thinking that some sentences for some crimes are not sufficient and that there should be severe penalties for people who drink drive for a second time in just a few years? Jody Morris got 80 hours community service, wow. Or low for dare suggesting that those who serve prison sentences should in some way contribute towards the cost of detaining them?

A cousin of mine committed an armed robbery of a small independent shop with a knife to fund his heroin addiction. He served about 2 years in prison. The victim was so traumatized that he could never return to work. I have zero respect for the cousin and only sympathise with the victim. The cousin had already had about 100 convictions... constant menace to and drain on society, probably cheaper to keep him locked up indefinitely so perhaps he should be. 

Not sure really depends what you did, can only find mention of your gambling addiction. That's not illegal. 

Why would my name change anything about my opinion? I'll happily tell anybody in any pub straight to their face that I think people who get drunk and then drive are scum and I don't care if I take a punch for it. You see.... I've lost two close friends to drink driving, and neither of them were the drinkers. Sorry if you think me having this opinion makes me a "low person". 

I just think that 80 hours of community service is a pathetic sentence for somebody who was essentially very lucky that they weren't the next Lee Hughes or Luke McCormick. 

But if you want to get upset on behalf of drunk drivers then go for it, I think I'm taking the moral stance. I don't really understand the implied relationship between problem gamblers and people who get drunk and then go racing their car about, but perhaps that's just me? 

Ok we get it, you don't like people who do it.  Why don't you go and raise money for more awareness programs, or hand out leaflets at all your local pubs.  Or start an online petition for the government to hand out stiffer sentences.  But don't come on here giving it the big'un just because we MIGHT be employing a person with two drink drive convictions that didn't result in injury or death...

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Ok we get it, you don't like people who do it.  Why don't you go and raise money for more awareness programs, or hand out leaflets at all your local pubs.  Or start an online petition for the government to hand out stiffer sentences.  But don't come on here giving it the big'un just because we MIGHT be employing a person with two drink drive convictions that didn't result in injury or death...

Its you lot that are keeping me on this thread. Or specifically the people who are getting seriously triggered. 

People deserve a right of reply. 

You get dealt with severely for carrying a gun, or a knife, for good reason. Well I think drink driving is the same as walking around with a blade. 

I don't understand how having that opinion can seriously trigger a problem gambler, I've not mentioned gambling anywhere - a legal activity that I enjoy occasionally myself.

Unless the bloke is saying he's robbed people to fund his addiction, in which case my sympathies are always with the victims. 

9 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

Its you lot that are keeping me on this thread. Or specifically the people who are getting seriously triggered. 

You get dealt with severely for carrying a gun, or a knife, for good reason. Well I think drink driving is the same as walking around with a blade. 

I don't understand how having that opinion can seriously trigger a problem gambler, I've not mentioned gambling anywhere - a legal activity that I enjoy occasionally myself.

Unless the bloke is saying he's robbed people to fund his addiction, in which case my sympathies are always with the victims. 

?

4 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

Having read a few of your posts now to find out the context of why you're coming to a Derby forum to argue about our potential future appointments I understand your opinions and appreciate where you're coming from - I do sometimes look at our legal system and wonder if people have got decisions wrong

But we live in a system where we should accept that sentences are handed down by judges who know more about a case, more about the law and more about the consequences of those sentences than we do - Morris received a sentence which the judge thought was fair and has paid his dues - Any further punishment is punitive based on opinion and I have no doubt that any future employer of his will take that into consideration - He won't ever walk into a job without someone who pays his wages asking about those incidents and requiring him to talk about them and if/how he's changed his ways since

Many people make mistakes when they're young and hold onto those regrets when they're older - I have faith that our club will take that into consideration when hiring the chap

I actually quite like the idea that someone who has made mistakes, been lured in by the glamour and lifestyle of football and made those mistakes is coaching young players - He knows the pitfalls, has fallen in many of them and could be a really good influence in stopping a new generation of footballers making the same mistakes

Archived