Jody Morris

oldtimeram

18 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

Jody Morris is a complete scumbag.... serial drink driver isn't he? Banned at least twice for being drunk at the wheel.

Would you really want anybody who has such a disregard for other peoples lives working for your club?

So far as I can work out, he's had no trouble of any sort in over a decade. He's done his crime, he's served his punishment, a decade has gone by and the matter should be closed.

If we're dragging up every indiscretion, how many of us could stand close scrutiny? Give the guy a break.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

Jody Morris is a complete scumbag.... serial drink driver isn't he? Banned at least twice for being drunk at the wheel.

Would you really want anybody who has such a disregard for other peoples lives working for your club?

Every club’s got a *****

£40 is naughty, £20 is plenty, Delia’s a ******* ********

8 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

Well I wouldn't, drink drivers are scum. 

Can he kill somebody with that tattoo? Because driving recklessly whilst 3 times over the drink drive limit can.... ask Luke McCormick and Lee Hughes. 

Well done you

16 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

Can he kill somebody with that tattoo? Because driving recklessly whilst 3 times over the drink drive limit can.... ask Luke McCormick and Lee Hughes. 

Well I hope you are getting on at your club to get rid of Diallang Jaiyesimi after he was convicted of drink driving less than a year ago. 

11 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Mmm Malky Mackay.   There's an outstanding link to your club fella .  Club captain I believe .  Do take the point once might be an error of judgement- more than once debatable .  Point is all clubs have players/ coaches and indeed board members with debatable characters at different times but y0u get that in all walks of life.  

Malky was a great centre half, but not captain - believe that was Craig Fleming his partner. Also very hard done by, almost all of the offensive texts were sent by Iain Moody.

Although if you want a better example then former Norwich player and staff member Peter Mendham was charged with attempted murder, pled guilty to wounding with intent and jailed for 7 and a half years. 

And we once sacked Carl Bradshaw for beating up a taxi driver at 3am after a row about the fare. 

10 minutes ago, rynny said:

Well I hope you are getting on at your club to get rid of Diallang Jaiyesimi after he was convicted of drink driving less than a year ago. 

Depends how good he is..... I know for a fact that Craig Bellamy got away with a lot as a youth player, most of which was not made public. Including joy riding through Norfolk in a stolen Land Rover when he was 15 ?

I suppose people deserve a second chance in life and I'm sure Jody Morris has turned his around, but he has quite a disgraceful rap sheet doesn't he... a couple of assaults weren't it? Paid the price with his career probably because he was a good player and probably only spent loads of it at St Johnstone because many were wary of signing him. 

Seemed to really divide opinion at Millwall... looks like the owner and some of the players didn't want him there, but the manager and some other players did: http://www.millwall-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/claridge_sacked_over_player_loyalty_231477/index.shtml

43 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

Ive just looked through my contact list and don’t have either number. 

I did find Luke Skywalker and Will Hughes though, which I didn’t know I had. 

17 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

Depends how good he is..... I know for a fact that Craig Bellamy got away with a lot as a youth player, most of which was not made public. Including joy riding through Norfolk in a stolen Land Rover when he was 15 ?

I suppose people deserve a second chance in life and I'm sure Jody Morris has turned his around, but he has quite a disgraceful rap sheet doesn't he... a couple of assaults weren't it? Paid the price with his career probably because he was a good player and probably only spent loads of it at St Johnstone because many were wary of signing him. 

Seemed to really divide opinion at Millwall... looks like the owner and some of the players didn't want him there, but the manager and some other players did: http://www.millwall-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/claridge_sacked_over_player_loyalty_231477/index.shtml

Make your mind up, jeez, if it’s at your club it’s ok, you bored?

6 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Make your mind up, jeez, if it’s at your club it’s ok

There is a difference between having an existing employee of previously good character who commits a criminal offence or having an employee who commits an offense after they have been employed by you..... and deciding to employ somebody who has several serious crimes on their criminal record. 

A DBS check doesn't tell you crimes that somebody is going to commit in the future, only crimes that they have committed in the past. 

Just now, NorwichLad said:

There is a difference between having an existing employee of previously good character who commits a criminal offence or having an employee who commits an offense after they have been employed by you..... and deciding to employ somebody who has several serious crimes on their criminal record. 

A DBS check doesn't tell you crimes that somebody is going to commit in the future, only crimes that they have committed in the past. 

Chris Martin was barred from every pub in Norwich wasn’t he?

Terry has courted controversy in his short career, and he was one of four Chelsea players, along with Morris, Eidur Gudjohnsen and Frank Lampard discplined for drunken and loutish behaviour in Heathrow airport, the day after the September 11 terrorist attacks. 

Chelsea managing director Colin Hutchinson condemned the players' behaviour after that incident as "totally out of order" and donated their total fine of more than £100,000 to the disaster fund for the victims' families.

Yikes 

18 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

So basically you are saying that is ok as he might have a good playing future for you?

On Steve Claridge;

"In the summer of 2005 he was appointed as manager of Millwall, but following board-room changes he was relieved of his duties after just 36 days, before his team had played any competitive matches."

Seems like that article you put up you have not quite read it right. The players weren't happy about Claridge being sacked not Morris being there. 

9 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

So you can't employ a person who as been a naughty boy but a person who is naughty while you are employing them is forgiven and doesn't warrant the sack. 

1 minute ago, NorwichLad said:

Is that relevant to my post? 

Glad you’re interested in our fantastic club mate.

We don’t even know if we’re having Frankie as our manager yet so we’re struggling to worry about who his assistants might be.

It must be a wonderful position to be in!

Being able to be so self righteous that you can bring peoples errors in life of a decade ago back into a public forum and it never cross ones mind that people can learn, change and even understand that certain behaviour is not acceptable in todays society.

Just now, rynny said:

So basically you are saying that is ok as he might have a good playing future for you?

I have no idea if he is any good, never heard anybody bigging him up and he's been playing for Grimsby where he has failed to score in 29 games despite being an attacking player... so I suspect he's crap.

It would be good for club shop revenue if he does turn out to be good though with a 9 character surname. 

But the PFA can make it very difficult for a club to sack a player.

Don't see the relevance though really... because the decision to employ him was made prior to the offence being committed. If you applied for a job with the police today you'll be eligible if you haven't got a conviction. 

But subsequently getting a conviction does not necessarily mean that you are dismissed from the force, depending on what crime you commit.  

1 minute ago, NorwichLad said:

I have no idea if he is any good, never heard anybody bigging him up and he's been playing for Grimsby where he has failed to score in 29 games despite being an attacking player... so I suspect he's crap.

It would be good for club shop revenue if he does turn out to be good though with a 9 character surname. 

But the PFA can make it very difficult for a club to sack a player.

Don't see the relevance though really... because the decision to employ him was made prior to the offence being committed. If you applied for a job with the police today you'll be eligible if you haven't got a conviction. 

But subsequently getting a conviction does not necessarily mean that you are dismissed from the force, depending on what crime you commit.  

Why are you so bothered about who we employ?

Archived