Interesting...... potential investment?

Mafiabob

I know, I know..... all conjecture or rumour..... but that’s a BBC journalist replying to a Derby County fan blog.....

Why would a BBC journo suggest that? 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be a little bit of a risky move unless Mel sold up pretty quickly, maybe even before the start of the season, because if all of a sudden Lampard didn't prove himself as a great manager and isn't getting the results it could put them straight off. Before the start of the season his name alone and the potential of bringing results I have to agree could definitely turn some people's eyes onto Derby.

I have heard some slight murmurs of Mel wanting to sell up but nothing serious as of yet, but I personally wouldn't be against it tbh, if he wants out then I don't want him staying just like anyone else at the club!

What if Mel is looking to appoint lampard to improve our global image? Young well known manager will be great for pulling in some new fans. 

Plus maybe Mel was actually considering the fans approval here? Generally it seems there's a real buzz about the possibility of Lampard coming here, I can't say I've seen this buzz for the last few managers at the very least. 

It would make sense for there to be more financial power available at the club if Lampard does indeed sign.

It wouldn't be that smart a decision in my opinion, for Lampard to jump straight into a job where his hands are tied and he has to sell the club's best players just to have money to spend. The sale of Hughes is something that Rowett will be blamed for for a long time, even though I think it was out of his hands. It would hardly be a good start for Lampard if his first act as manager was to see Vydra out the door for £8mil.

An appointment such as Mick McCarthy would point towards having no available investment, Lampard would not.

A poster got their topic deleted when they said they’d heard of a particular investment deal involving Derby. So there could be something going on in the background alongside the Lampard appointment that makes us a much more attractive proposition.

Any new investor wont be able to put anymore money in unless it is for stuff like the academy that doesnt count towards FFP. If there is any truth in it our only concern should be that we dont end up with the likes of a Fawaz.

31 minutes ago, cosmic said:

A poster got their topic deleted when they said they’d heard of a particular investment deal involving Derby. So there could be something going on in the background alongside the Lampard appointment that makes us a much more attractive proposition.

We also shut down the my sisters mate went to the chippy last night and the guy behind the counters uncles mates cousin heard down the pub that we’re signing Messi transfer topics as well.

Boring as that is, it’s a filter that stops this forum peddling the bs that litters social media, I think there was just the one that actually turned out to be true which we pulled years ago, a Troy Dyer rumour I’m going to say it was but can’t be 100% sure. 

All this started when the club went over to China 2+2= ¥$£¥$£¥$£, with looking to lower the wage bill again it’s 2+2= Mel is skint, selling up, queue the rumour train of my mate heard this. @ramblur has confirmed it on several occasions after dissecting the accounts that we need to make cuts to stay inline with FFP regardless of the owner. 

An appointment of Frank Lampard  would increase the clubs profile, giving us more exposure and allowing us to demand more from our sponsors. 

I don’t think it’s a part of a greater scheme. 

2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

I know, I know..... all conjecture or rumour..... but that’s a BBC journalist replying to a Derby County fan blog.....

Why would a BBC journo suggest that? 

Anyone wishing to buy the club ( if Mel were looking to sell) could just have bought the club and appointed Frank himself/ herself /themselves.

I thought I'd already posted similar to this but I can't find it.  Maybe it was the deleted post mentioned?

Sorry if any rules broken.

As David said the rumour was Chinese investment and that Mel looking at using Lampard's name to secure it.  Not from a credible source but thought I would share.  Odd that it came from a couple of places at the same time though.

I do have a few legit sources (ex footballers, friends of friends) but none of these have said anything so it is simply a bit of pub gossip.

58 minutes ago, David said:

All this started when the club went over to China 2+2= ¥$£¥$£¥$£, with looking to lower the wage bill again it’s 2+2= Mel is skint, selling up, queue the rumour train of my mate heard this. @ramblur has confirmed it on several occasions after dissecting the accounts that we need to make cuts to stay inline with FFP regardless of the owner. 

Yep, any potential new owner couldn't really put in any more than Mel's doing. However, with the way that we treat amortization, you could probably make big signings if you gave them all residual values equal to their all in purchase price. If the wages of incomings matched those of outgoings, it would be FFP neutral ( for now, and only later if we managed to sell for these RV's, or more). Do we really want to go down that route - seems like a horror story in the making to me.

If Mel brought in new investment to sit alongside his own, it would ease his own financial input. However, I don't think you'd want to buy a minority stake unless you were pretty sure of promotion, and spending money is no guarantee of that, as we've already found to our cost.

4 minutes ago, Rample said:

I thought I'd already posted similar to this but I can't find it.

I heard this Friday or Saturday from someone.  The rumour was that it was Chinese investment and that Mel looking at using Lampard's name to secure it.

Now you have gone and done it.

This thread will probably now be deleted.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Yeah but some people don’t care about the facts, they just want a new owner.

Go on, break open your piggy bank. Multiple fractures and an ACL should do it.?

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

Any new investor wont be able to put anymore money in unless it is for stuff like the academy that doesnt count towards FFP. If there is any truth in it our only concern should be that we dont end up with the likes of a Fawaz.

i think mel morris will 110% check everything before selling up he will make sure they are genuine before selling our club, as he is going to want the best for the club just like us but also to make his money back for the sale of the club. (i would like to think he would anyway)

Archived