Interesting...... potential investment?

Mafiabob

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, David said:

We also shut down the my sisters mate went to the chippy last night and the guy behind the counters uncles mates cousin heard down the pub that we’re signing Messi transfer topics as well.

Boring as that is, it’s a filter that stops this forum peddling the bs that litters social media, I think there was just the one that actually turned out to be true which we pulled years ago, a Troy Dyer rumour I’m going to say it was but can’t be 100% sure. 

All this started when the club went over to China 2+2= ¥$£¥$£¥$£, with looking to lower the wage bill again it’s 2+2= Mel is skint, selling up, queue the rumour train of my mate heard this. @ramblur has confirmed it on several occasions after dissecting the accounts that we need to make cuts to stay inline with FFP regardless of the owner. 

As though any investers main concern would be the signing of Frankie ludicrous unless its his uncle Harry lol

3 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

Isn't one of the theories that Mel's had enough of underwriting the losses year in, year out? Outside investment could at least remove that burden from him.

the optimum word is theory theres some that have a theory the world is flat

3 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

Isn't one of the theories that Mel's had enough of underwriting the losses year in, year out? Outside investment could at least remove that burden from him.

Well it is one of the theories now!

Any other theories? Mel is looking to sell Derby and buy Forest? Can that be one of the theories?

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Of course Mel doesn't want the club (and by extension himself) to lose £10 million a year, that's common sense not a theory. 

We're applying common sense now? When did this start?

It is 2018. If and a big if, Mel wanted to sell, potential buyers would most likely be from abroad. Investors from abroad will look at the history of the club, the size of the stadium, their potential etc. It may be losing money now but it is a team that anyone who is willing to wait for a couple of years could get his money back and more. Look at the Khans and Fulham. Leeds just got some investment from San Fransisco. Villa have an owner who bought the club based on the same premise. Things may be depressing with the current squad and FFP but football has become so global (not in a way that I like), that there would be buyers lining up. Just my opinion. Also Morris being disappointed and frustrated is natural, but I genuinely can't see him giving up just yet. The next two seasons will probably be key to whether he sells or not.

On 29 May 2018 at 11:24, RamLad1884 said:

What if Mel is looking to appoint lampard to improve our global image? Young well known manager will be great for pulling in some new fans. 

Global image? We are Derby County of the championship in the midlands. 

On 29/05/2018 at 02:55, Mafiabob said:

I know, I know..... all conjecture or rumour..... but that’s a BBC journalist replying to a Derby County fan blog.....

Why would a BBC journo suggest that? 

I have no inside knowledge, but I think it would make some sense for Mel to include an equity stake in the club for Lampard - even an option grant of 1% a year for five years. An additional incentive for him to succeed, and brings him closer to the club and the community.

5 hours ago, RamNut said:

Global image? We are Derby County of the championship in the midlands. 

The Lampard story has put us in the news globally. The amount of foreign language tweets about his potential appointment are quite eye opening. 

Archived