Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

39 minutes ago, HariboWest said:

I’m convinced his sale is a consequence of Boro moving Traore on, getting £18 mil upfront. 

Reckon Pulis sees him as a wide player with end product. Looking at their squad, they only have downing as their only winger. 

Theyve got the cash to splash, and what better way to spend it than on the leagues top scorer. 

They may not have cash to splash. They have already spent £7 million on Flint from Bristol City a few weeks ago and spent £50 million last year plus compo for Gaz Monk. It has been rumoured that Vydra ia going to a Turkish club.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

They may not have cash to splash. They have already spent £7 million on Flint from Bristol City a few weeks ago and spent £50 million last year plus compo for Gaz Monk. It has been rumoured that Vydra ia going to a Turkish club.

FFS can we not sent a Vydra video to the Chinese or Qataris.......

5 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Not seen this anywhere?

22 hours ago, vidukasbox said:

Your point about him not wanting to come to Leeds would be ok (questionable), but he's currently at Derby under an inexperienced manager ? Makes it a pretty moot point, no?

You're paying Bielsa more than twice what any other manager in the league is on... Vydra will know this and is probably the reason he asked for higher wages; our recent league standings mean it would obviously be a slightly backward move for him personally, gotta incentivise the move somehow

I can't think why any player would want to leave Derby now for any other championship club. It looks as if the momentum for a good season is building and also there's the kudos of playing for Lampard. The players must surely be feeling like we are as there's a real buzz about the club at the moment. Premiership or abroad for Vydra but I'd like to keep him if at all possible.

2 hours ago, WystonRam said:

He will get total choice, if he does not like the offer any club make him, he will not go. I posted elsewhere (though I am not ITK, it did come from another player at the club)that he has stated he will only(only wants to) leave for a Premier League team. Unless someone makes him a very good offer he will not go, I think that is why he asked Leeds for 50K a week, "Yes I will come but this is what I want".

Of course that is always the case. Ravanelli didn't want to join us but thought £42k a week would make it bearable. I'm not sure anybody wants to play in China but £400k a week certainly has some pull. 

Thing with Vydra is he has finally rebuilt his reputation back up slightly, though not enough to interest the teams he wants to be interested.

Circumstance appears to have him surplus to requirements here, so what are his options really

- wait for a move that won't happen and kick his heels here for a few years before leaving on a Bosman to someone like Banik Ostrava

- begrudgingly move on loan to a club who likely won't build their attack around him, meaning you're back to WBA/Reading Vydra, a few cameos, a miserable season and zero chance of a big move

-, go to a team that wants you as a key player, will play you in your most effective role, notch up another 20 goal season and convince bigger teams you are worth the gamble

Option 3 strikes me as the best choice for him, I assume his agent is pushing for option 3, and right now I can't see anything other than option 2 happening. 

PistoldPete2
1 minute ago, Rample said:

Of course that is always the case. Ravanelli didn't want to join us but thought £42k a week would make it bearable. I'm not sure anybody wants to play in China but £400k a week certainly has some pull. 

Thing with Vydra is he has finally rebuilt his reputation back up slightly, though not enough to interest the teams he wants to be interested.

Circumstance appears to have him surplus to requirements here, so what are his options really

- wait for a move that won't happen and kick his heels here for a few years before leaving on a Bosman to someone like Banik Ostrava

- begrudgingly move on loan to a club who likely won't build their attack around him, meaning you're back to WBA/Reading Vydra, a few cameos, a miserable season and zero chance of a big move

-, go to a team that wants you as a key player, will play you in your most effective role, notch up another 20 goal season and convince bigger teams you are worth the gamble

Option 3 strikes me as the best choice for him, I assume his agent is pushing for option 3, and right now I can't see anything other than option 2 happening. 

I don't think vydra is surplus to requirements here ... Whether we can afford to keep him is another matter.

I don't know why I feel so uncomfortable about it but I will be happier with the squad when we have offloaded a few more. 

Anya, Blackman, Jerome and Nugent can all go.

If fit Olssen and Thorne would go too. 

Pearce needs replacing as backup and we could do with a replacement for Forsyth.

Anyone else itching to sell?

56 minutes ago, Rample said:

Option 3 would be the sensible choice for sure, but you never know with modern day footballers.

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I don't know why I feel so uncomfortable about it but I will be happier with the squad when we have offloaded a few more. 

Anya, Blackman, Jerome and Nugent can all go.

If fit Olssen and Thorne would go too. 

Pearce needs replacing as backup and we could do with a replacement for Forsyth.

Anyone else itching to sell?

Hanson

Archived