Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

Update - 97.1% of statistics are made up

In a recent poll of three people and a gerbil, 93.1% did not know what a statistic was but all were happy to particiipate in the poll as it made them feel wanted and they all got free sunflower seeds as a gift..

53 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Newsflash - 98.1% of football transfer rumours are complete tosh.

Update -      99.1% of football transfer rumours are complete tosh.

all newsflash are tosh

all updates are total tosh 

liked the post lol

24 minutes ago, Rampage said:

In a recent poll of three people and a gerbil, 93.1% did not know what a statistic was but all were happy to particiipate in the poll as it made them feel wanted and they all got free sunflower seeds as a gift..

Woah that statistic was too intricate for me...think I'd have preferred expected goals!

4 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Are we really arsed where he goes? Do we really have any reason to hate Stoke? All they did was take a manager away from us who half of us didn't want anyway!

If Stoke are willing to splash the cash, and thus enable us to bring in Lampard's players, then I'm all for it!

They didn’t take him - he walked. thats his life choice. Fair enough.   

But next season they are a rival so we must hate them with every breath.

Not much of a story really. A bit like the revelation that Derby will be buying Marriott if we sell Vydra.

There seems to be mild interest in Vydra but not what you could call a bidding war. 

His goals merit a £12m plus fee but the thought last season could have been a one off prevails both at Derby and at other clubs.

9 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

Yes, injuring Charlie George in 1976.

I always held this against them for years and recently found an old match report that said no stoke player was involved.I just remember how significant it was in our history-Charlie was on fire.

56 minutes ago, iolanthe said:

I always held this against them for years and recently found an old match report that said no stoke player was involved.I just remember how significant it was in our history-Charlie was on fire.

Then the old match report was/is wrong. It was Dennis Smith - who would struggle to get a game in league 2 nowadays but in those days almost every team had one or more. Players whose job it was to kick, harrass and otherwise foul the creative players on the other side. And head the ball away at corners. And he did Charlie in front of the B stand. I was there.

We were flying that season and Charlie was outstanding in an outstanding team.  The double - which in those days carried a lot more kudos than it does today - was genuinely on. In the end we fell just short on both mainly because Charlie was out for most of the rest of the season. I still think that had he not been injured we would have won both League and FA Cup that season. He, and we, were that good.

1 hour ago, iolanthe said:

would have buried Man U at Hillsboro and won the double

Archived