Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

Dear Matej Vydra, you were phenomenal for us last season - and I'm sure all us fans are very appreciative and thankful to you for that. I think I speak for most, if not all, when I say - don't take any of this forum talk to heart mate, it's just what we do when we're waiting for the new season to start; we complain about players, formations, managers, each other...pretty much everyone and everything! But don't let it get you down buddy - because while you wear the famous DCFC shirt - you're part of OUR FAMILY.

Good luck for the new season and welcome back ?  

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Lets just throw away all the positives from pre season and all the work on the formation etc just to accomodate Vydra, seriously, thats why we got found out last season, we were a 1 man team

Just admit that your missus fancies him and calls out his name during sex.

1 hour ago, Arsene Titman said:

It’s a mystery to me why you can’t understand what is staring you in the face. Vydra can only be effective in one position and with the team built around him- incidentally, both Steve Nicholson and Craig Ramage have said as much today.It’s not going to happen- Lampard has his number 10 in Mason Mount. Apart from this he has well and truly pissed on his chips by leading his club, their supporters and Leeds up the garden path for several weeks, possibly blowing a big hole in FL’s transfer plans, and has let himself be dictated to by some greedy , parasitic agent. 

Leaving out that he may have been lead a stray by his agent  - A player doesn't have to leave if he doesn't want too, that's the idea of his contract, he has a choice as to whether he goes, it may be that he doesn't want to leave and will only leave on his terms I.E  a huge pay rise.

Ask yourself, if your employers said we want you to leave and go to work somewhere else because it suits us better, you'd be asking what's in it for me?

15 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

Leaving out that he may have been lead a stray by his agent  - A player doesn't have to leave if he doesn't want too, that's the idea of his contract, he has a choice as to whether he goes, it may be that he doesn't want to leave and will only leave on his terms I.E  a huge pay rise.

Ask yourself, if your employers said we want you to leave and go to work somewhere else because it suits us better, you'd be asking what's in it for me?

If he doesn't play for us and just sits about then he's not likely to command stupid level wages after his contract with us ends - he should be looking long term. Can't always expect an idiot like Pearson to come along and bid silly money for an out of form player!

Don't recollect him putting in a transfer request or ever suggesting he wanted to leave. Not do remember Derby ever publicly suggesting he wasn't wanted. Sure as squad is at present it's not an ideal situation, but can't blame Hydra for new incomings and, another new manager with different ideas.

Should he stay or go I hope it works out for him.

1 minute ago, ram1964 said:

Don't recollect him putting in a transfer request or ever suggesting he wanted to leave. Not do remember Derby ever publicly suggesting he wasn't wanted. Sure as squad is at present it's not an ideal situation, but can't blame Hydra for new incomings and, another new manager with different ideas.

Should he stay or go I hope it works out for him.

Ah, that was the problem, too many heads to think with!

2 hours ago, mice_elf said:

Depends how you measure success I guess. 

He was only 21 years old when he went to West Brom on loan in the Premier League 2013/14, off
the back of a good Season on loan at Watford in the Championship. That Season at Watford being the first full
Season of his career, having joined them on loan from Udinese at the age of 20. 

In 23 Premier League appearances, he scored 3 Goals and had 4 Goal Assists. Those bare stats don't 
knock your socks off, but when you see that he was only on the Pitch for 668 minutes in those 23 
appearances, then that puts an entirely different complexion on things. That gives him a Goal/Goal Assist
for every 95 minutes played in the Premier League :-

https://www.transfermarkt.com/matej-vydra/detaillierteleistungsdaten/spieler/101500

You also have to take into account the state of West Brom that Season. Their joint League top-scorers were 
Saido Berahino and Stephane Sessegnon with just 5 goals apiece. These are the stats for their more attack-minded
players that season ( Forwards and attacking midfielders) :-

Saido Berahino          - 32 Appearances (11 starts/ 22 subs), 1402 minutes played, 5 goals and 2 assists
Morgan Amaltifano   - 28           "          (26 starts/  2 subs),  2152      "            "      , 4 goals and 4 assists
Stephane Sessegnon - 26           "          (23 starts/  3 subs),  1962      "            "      , 5 goals and 1 assists
Victor Anichebe         - 26           "          (11 starts/ 15 subs), 1216      "            "      , 3 goals and 3 assists
Matej Vydra               - 23           "          (  7 starts/ 16 subs),   668      "            "      , 3 goals and 4 assists 
Shane Long               - 15            "          (11 starts/  4 subs),  1035      "            "      , 3 goals and 1 assists
Zoltan Gera               - 14            "          (  5 starts/  9 subs),    482      "            "      , 0 goals and 1 assists
Nicolas Anelka          - 12            "          (11 starts/  1 subs),    856      "            "      , 2 goals and 0 assists
Scott Sinclair             -   8            "          (  4 starts/  4 subs),    300      "            "      , 0 goals and 1 assists
Thieva Bifouma         -   6            "          (  3 starts/  3 subs),    251      "            "      , 2 goals and 0 assists
Markus Rosenberg    -   4            "          (  1 starts/  3 subs),      88      "            "      , 0 goals and 0 assists

All above stats from Transfermarkt and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013–14_West_Bromwich_Albion_F.C._season

Given that Vydra has spent pretty much his entire career out on loan, whilst the Pozzo's tried to maximise his value -  
https://www.transfermarkt.com/matej-vydra/transfers/spieler/101500 -
then it is hardly surprising that his career stats appear a bit hit and miss. It might also explain why he seems a tad 
reluctant to leave the only Club where he's spent 2 consecutive Seasons in one place.

Quite why so many Rams fans are  desperate to get the Golden Boot Winner out of the Club is a mystery to me.

I am not desperate to see Vydra leave. I just can't see much justification for a Premier league side to sign him, which means he is likely to stay given Leeds seem to have lost interest. The new manager doesn't seem too interested in building a system around him but that  doesn't mean he won't be a useful asset over a long, hard season.

Why do so many want Vydra to stay stipulating how good he’d be and would totally smash it blah blah when it’s clearly obvious our new manager doesn’t see him as part of our plans...doesn’t anyone want what FL wants ??? He has started really well and if he wanted to sell any player I’d support it....we don’t see what he and Jody sees and we don’t know there plans but we can’t keep collecting players ...I like Vydra but don’t think he’s that important that he can’t be sold to fund a rebuild and keep us within FFP if that is what’s required ....The team has looked awesome so far and played a really attractive style without Vydra ....I back FL and what he wants and if he wants him gone that’s good enough for me 

Archived