Blaming Rowett

DcfcJack

On 23/05/2018 at 21:45, derbydaz22 said:

Plus Newcastle are a massive club but Stoke? Let’s see what crowds they will be getting if they don’t go straight back up,less than us for sure.

Newcastle under lyme > stoke

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

When I came on here a week ago there were dozens of Derby fans advocating sacking Rowett, despite him finishing 6th.

Now he leaves and you criticise him for not being loyal.

Modern day football in a nutshell I think? 

There is no loyalty in football, because loyalty has to be a two way street.... its not like Derby have been patient with managers is it? So why would Rowett feel like he should risk staying?

Your club probably welcomes the chance to hire a cheaper manager anyway, you need to reduce spending for FFP don't you? 

Norwich was my local team and if I was unable to get to Derby I would go and watch Norwich sometimes, what always struck me about Norwich was the lack of singing apart from a few minutes after they scored, it seemed so strange as I was used to Derby supporters that sung all match. I always found Norwich matches very boring because of this, there just seemed to be no atmosphere.

The reason why I am explaining this is because Rowett's football was so boring he was making Pride Park sound like Carrow Road. 

1 hour ago, Raminphilippines said:

Norwich was my local team and if I was unable to get to Derby I would go and watch Norwich sometimes, what always struck me about Norwich was the lack of singing apart from a few minutes after they scored, it seemed so strange as I was used to Derby supporters that sung all match. I always found Norwich matches very boring because of this, there just seemed to be no atmosphere.

The reason why I am explaining this is because Rowett's football was so boring he was making Pride Park sound like Carrow Road. 

Even Delia got fed up with them!

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Mods perhaps the above post ought to be made into a (Blue Peter style help) sticky, there's gonna be lots of fans wondering how to get through August otherwise! ?

We may be able to just stick Frank's face over the top. 

7 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Sorry but this is complete and utter ********. This is a forum, full of different views. Are you seriously thinking those people who wanted to get rid of him are now saying he is disloyal? Because that's not what I have seen. What I've seen is very consistent views how some people have been disappointed with him and are more than happy that he has left us now. Meanwhile those, who wanted him to stay, are now unhappy and claims of not being loyal are understandable.

Maybe it's because you don't visit that often you'd realise the consistency of posters... but to post something what ever suits your own bias or thinking is hardly a post worth reading. It's like reading curtains post with more senseful sentences.

And by the way, modern day football is much, much worse.

This is spot on. Pretty sure everyone who was Rowett out was pleased about it, and the vice versa with those who wanted him to stay. I wasn't the slightest bit disappointed when he left, and vocalised that. 

He basically wants to paint us all as these unloyal **** fans, except pretty much everyone was consistent and didn't flip flop from what they thought. 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

This is spot on. Pretty sure everyone who was Rowett out was pleased about it, and the vice versa with those who wanted him to stay. I wasn't the slightest bit disappointed when he left, and vocalised that. 

He basically wants to paint us all as these unloyal **** fans, except pretty much everyone was consistent and didn't flip flop from what they thought. 

It pretty much sums up Rowetts tenure that they're has been so little gnashing of teeth upon his departure.

Even his biggest fans have shrugged their shoulders and accepted it, which tells it's own story.

There are posters on here who've defended him to the moon and back, and I recognise their loyalty to whoever is in charge, and he turned around and shafted them by jumping ship.

Makes him worse than every other manager we've had recently, in that he spun us a yarn about this being his dream job, and used that fact as a shield against criticism, then jumped at the 1st available opportunity. 

22 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I think most is a gross  over-statement......some I'm the South stand did because it's their job to sing the gaffers name...around me in the East stand,the majority i heard,never stopped slagging him and the gameplay off.

Plus many stopped even attending games whilst he was in charge.

27k for the Fulham playoff?......unbelievable.

There were definitely more than 27,000 for the playoff game. Club playing a game  with the attendances I think. There were more home fans than for Barnsley and Fulham brought at least 1500, yet Barnsley was 30k! 

13 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

It pretty much sums up Rowetts tenure that they're has been so little gnashing of teeth upon his departure.

Even his biggest fans have shrugged their shoulders and accepted it, which tells it's own story.

There are posters on here who've defended him to the moon and back, and I recognise their loyalty to whoever is in charge, and he turned around and shafted them by jumping ship.

Makes him worse than every other manager we've had recently, in that he spun us a yarn about this being his dream job, and used that fact as a shield against criticism, then jumped at the 1st available opportunity. 

Not me! I’m still fuming at the ******* snake! 

That said, I forgave McClaren who lied for months about Newcastle and forced us to sack him and pay him off. At least Rowett at the end was straight up and we got compensation. That’s about the only positive I can say about the ****. 

He did a decent job, the football wasn’t as bad as some have made out, and he wasn’t completely to blame for the style, players not signed by him have limited us, be interesting how a new manager deals with that given they are still here.

Im sure he’ll have a decent career, but he will always be known as snake from now on. I really hope he does follow Gary Monk’s path.

Who knows, he could be sacked by Christmas, Karanka walks in Jan spitting his dummy out and Gary bats his eyelids at the Red Dogs!! Imagine that!

7 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

There were definitely more than 27,000 for the playoff game. Club playing a game  with the attendances I think. There were more home fans than for Barnsley and Fulham brought at least 1500, yet Barnsley was 30k! 

I thought we were fairly sparse in North Stand. Quite a few season ticket holders were missing and although some seats were taken making it look pretty full, there were also a lot of gaps.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

I thought we were fairly sparse in North Stand. Quite a few season ticket holders were missing and although some seats were taken making it look pretty full, there were also a lot of gaps.

North stand didn’t feel much different to me although I’m more towards the north east corner.

Bloke in front of me reckoned we had to share ticket revenue with Fulham, don’t know if that’s true but could explain it. Didn’t feel like 27k to me anyway, first time in a long time I was genuinely surprised when attendance was read out.

Just now, BramcoteRam84 said:

North stand didn’t feel much different to me although I’m more towards the north east corner.

Bloke in front of me reckoned we had to share ticket revenue with Fulham, don’t know if that’s true but could explain it. Didn’t feel like 27k to me anyway, first time in a long time I was genuinely surprised when attendance was read out.

Hard to say, I am high up behind goal.

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

Hard to see how there were 6000 empty seats 

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Seen plenty of the ball then this season?

Come on it wasn't that bad! Yes it was defensive, hit on the break stuff but this "hoofball" is a myth.

He's still a lying ******* snake though.

20 hours ago, Raminphilippines said:

I know you are trying to get a rise out of me.... but instead I'm going to 100% entirely agree that the atmosphere at Carrow Road is typically poor. 

But we do have a very good away support. 

If you want to hear my theory about why the atmosphere at Carrow Road is poor then I'll happily share. 

None of that changes the fact that Derby can't be considered amongst the more loyal teams towards managers, and therefore my point remains entirely valid.

On 25/05/2018 at 11:07, Dimmu said:

Sorry but this is complete and utter ********. This is a forum, full of different views. Are you seriously thinking those people who wanted to get rid of him are now saying he is disloyal? Because that's not what I have seen. What I've seen is very consistent views how some people have been disappointed with him and are more than happy that he has left us now. Meanwhile those, who wanted him to stay, are now unhappy and claims of not being loyal are understandable.

Maybe it's because you don't visit that often you'd realise the consistency of posters... but to post something what ever suits your own bias or thinking is hardly a post worth reading. It's like reading curtains post with more senseful sentences.

And by the way, modern day football is much, much worse.

I honestly didn't expect to make anybody this angry with my post. 

I was just trying to say that there isn't much loyalty in football, in either direction, and that until teams start becoming more loyal / patient towards managers in general then you can never expect a manager to be loyal. 

And if asked to rank teams in the Championship based on how long they give a manager.... Derby aren't exactly going to be near the top are they. 

I thought it was a valid point personally. 

As it happens I suspect your chairman considers Stoke's interest convenient, because if you are now embarking on cost cutting then its usually easier to change manager instead of asking your current manager to cull his squad.

And there is the crux of the matter isn't it? Rowett leaves and is called disloyal by for leaving Derby.... or he stays and has to be disloyal to his players by being forced to give some of them the chop? (basing that on suggestions I've seen on here that you need to trim the fat).

Anyway... he's taken a difficult job if Paul Lambert is to be believed, sound like Stoke have become a bit of a basket case club under Mark Hughes and I suspect he'll seriously struggle to shift a lot of their deadwood, e.g. Berahino. 

Archived