Blaming Rowett

DcfcJack

15 hours ago, angieram said:

Are you suggesting club is lying about attendance? Why would they do that? 

Season tickets holders are counted in the attendance even if they don't actually turn up to the game.

I don't know if casual tickets are added based on whether the person actually walks through the turnstile or not.... but at every club they count every season ticket holder as attending the fixture even if they don't. 

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Not me! I’m still fuming at the ******* snake! 

You do know that Stoke have to formally request permission from Derby to speak to their manager, and that Derby then have to grant that permission? 

It would work like this:

Stoke: "Hey Derby, we want to speak to Gary Rowett about possibly becoming our new manager".

Derby: "How much are you going to pay us if he joins you?"

Stoke: "Call it a million?"

Derby: "Double it and you've got a deal"

Stoke: "Fine, nice doing business... can you give us his number?"

Derby: "We'll get him to call you, data protection act and all that...".

3 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

I know you are trying to get a rise out of me.... but instead I'm going to 100% entirely agree that the atmosphere at Carrow Road is typically poor. 

But we do have a very good away support. 

If you want to hear my theory about why the atmosphere at Carrow Road is poor then I'll happily share. 

None of that changes the fact that Derby can't be considered amongst the more loyal teams towards managers, and therefore my point remains entirely valid.

Not trying to get a rise out of you at all just stating a fact, it is the reason I ended up a life long Derby supporter rather than supporting Norwich that was my local team. 

Don't need to hear a theory about why the atmosphere at Carrow Road is poor, I have known for years, it is because they hardly sing. 

I remember going to the League Cup Final Norwich Vs Aston Villa a mate persuaded me and another friend to go with him. As soon as Villa scored the Norwich lot went silent and stood there miserable in silence for the rest of the match. The only 2 people that were even trying to get the Norwich lot behind their team again was myself a Derby supporter and my friend that supported Chelsea. The silence was so bad we ended up shouting at them "Sing you B**tards" they made us feel like Wemberly was the most miserable place on earth. 

Thankfully I returned to Wembley a few months later with Derby and it was like a different place, everyone was so happy and we sung all match.   

11 minutes ago, Raminphilippines said:

Not trying to get a rise out of you at all just stating a fact, it is the reason I ended up a life long Derby supporter rather than supporting Norwich that was my local team. 

Don't need to hear a theory about why the atmosphere at Carrow Road is poor, I have known for years, it is because they hardly sing. 

I remember going to the League Cup Final Norwich Vs Aston Villa a mate persuaded me and another friend to go with him. As soon as Villa scored the Norwich lot went silent and stood there miserable in silence for the rest of the match. The only 2 people that were even trying to get the Norwich lot behind their team again was myself a Derby supporter and my friend that supported Chelsea. The silence was so bad we ended up shouting at them "Sing you B**tards" they made us feel like Wemberly was the most miserable place on earth. 

Thankfully I returned to Wembley a few months later with Derby and it was like a different place, everyone was so happy and we sung all match.   

Showing your age mate I think..... that game was in 1975.

A decade before I was born.

Whilst we are discussing respective supporters though, I was really shocked to see that Derby had 6000 spare seats for a play-off semi final first leg the other week.

The attendance was 27000. 

Now Carrow Road's capacity is only 27000.

But I guarantee that if there would be 40000 people wanting a ticket for a play-off semi final.

Poor atmosphere 8 times out of 10 at Carrow Road I grant you..... but can't knock our numbers.

I didn't realise you were talking about ancient history to be honest.... 43 years ago is quite a long time. In terms of our current atmosphere problems if you want a serious grown up discussion then it is partially caused by these two factors:

1). Lack of casual tickets..... Because we have 22000 season ticket holders, and a season ticket waiting list, and only about 1500 casual tickets for home fans, most in the more rubbish areas of the ground.. people are reluctant to let go of their season tickets because they've have to go back on a list if they want it back, and they get old (like you) and boring. The youngsters (20, 25 etc) who want to get drunk and go to the football now and again to get rowdy can't get a ticket in the decent areas so don't go. Increasing our capacity to solve this problem would cost £35m at last estimate, which we can't afford. 

2). The 'sit down' Nazi's (Stewards) are something else at Carrow Road because we keep getting threats to reduce our capacity from the authorities so they are on at everybody constantly. This is why I go to away games and hardly ever at Carrow Road. If safe standing is made legal we'd see the atmosphere come back, and it would help to solve problem 1 too. 

5 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

If safe standing is made legal we'd see the atmosphere come back, 

Trust me it was never there to come back. 

I take my hat off to you for travelling, I am sure most people from Norwich think they would fall off the edge of the world if they go past Easton. 

I wish we could get the new man in ASAP.

Gary has gone. His brand of football was ok but not great, I thought early on he got some good team spirit going but in the end proved that he wasn’t quite as Derby through and through as he first intimated. He did a workmanlike job and achieved a minimum objective. Exam result .. he got a Pass at this test but there wasn’t any distinction.  

He isn’t here any more, Gone, more or less forgotten, filed in miscellaneous trivia. 

Bring on the new King so there’s something productive to talk about ?

37 minutes ago, Raminphilippines said:

Trust me it was never there to come back. 

I take my hat off to you for travelling, I am sure most people from Norwich think they would fall off the edge of the world if they go past Easton. 

We're the county that birthed Horatio Nelson, Edith Cavell and Queen Boadicea.... could well do with a few more of us Anglo-Saxons. 

You've probably owned a Dyson if you've got the money (James Dyson a Norfolk boy) and a lifetime Norwich fan and local lad has banged in 60 goals for you lot. 

Still.... at least us Norfolk lot haven't had to travel outside of the county to see world class footballers in recent years, Suarez and Aguero have come to us. Saved us from travelling to London to watch other teams League Cup Finals, which apparently some people do. 

1 hour ago, Raminphilippines said:

So you lived in Norfolk and went to the Norwich (second division) vs Aston Villa 1975 League Cup final and after we lost the final you flounced and switched to supporting the side which was top of the first division, despite them being based 170 miles away. 

We all know what you are mate. Should have chosen the team which finished 2nd that season, would have saved you this decade of Championship football and you'd have got more streams in the Philippines. 

I presume you got the Derby tattoo, and that's why you're not Man City now? We had kids turning up to my school in Blackburn shirts in 1995... I know your sort. Got your number mate. 

8 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

and a lifetime Norwich fan and local lad has banged in 60 goals for you lot. 

Martin is a suffolk boy, he went to the same school as me in Beccles. I also have heard from people that know him he stopped supporting Norwich not long after moving to Derby. 

8 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

So you lived in Norfolk and went to the Norwich (second division) vs Aston Villa 1975 League Cup final and after we lost the final you flounced and switched to supporting the side which was top of the first division, despite them being based 170 miles away. 

We all know what you are mate. Should have chosen the team which finished 2nd that season, would have saved you this decade of Championship football and you'd have got more streams in the Philippines. 

I presume you got the Derby tattoo, and that's why you're not Man City now? We had kids turning up to my school in Blackburn shirts in 1995... I know your sort. Got your number mate. 

I started supporting Derby in 1968 so you are 7 years out. Derby were in the second division when I started to support them. 

The reason why I started to support them was Dave Mackay was my hero. 

At the time my father used to take me to see Norwich so I could have easily become a Norwich supporter, however a year later we were on holiday in Derbyshire and I crazed my father to take me to see Derby play. We walked into the Baseball ground and the atmosphere hit me and it carried on all match, the excitement was amazing compared to Carrow Road where the most exciting event was old men in the South Stand throwing cushions on the pitch. 

And I don't have a Derby tattoo. 

Do Norwich supporters still sing "On the Ball City"? that has to be the most boring football song ever, I guess it fits the most boring supporters in England well. 

4 hours ago, Raminphilippines said:

Martin is a suffolk boy, he went to the same school as me in Beccles. I also have heard from people that know him he stopped supporting Norwich not long after moving to Derby. 

Ah, so we know what you really are. You are from Suffolk and regularly went to Carrow Road. You're actually a binner who was too embarrassed to visit his county club Portman Road so would pretend to be a Norfolk boy instead. Don't blame you for giving us a go instead of Ipswich, but I don't want any of you stinky Suffolk paupers at Carrow Road so Derbyshire is welcome to you ?

4 hours ago, Raminphilippines said:

Do Norwich supporters still sing "On the Ball City"? that has to be the most boring football song ever,

Its the worlds oldest football song, we literally invented the thing that you claim we never do. Presumably you moved to the Philippines because you didn't want to live in the third world anymore... they still poo in a ditch in Suffolk don't they? 

2 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

Its the worlds oldest football song, we literally invented the thing that you claim we never do. Presumably you moved to the Philippines because you didn't want to live in the third world anymore... they still poo in a ditch in Suffolk don't they? 

I think you have hit on the reason you have a history of never singing. You sing the most boring football song in the world and fall asleep. 

Never lived in Suffolk, only went to school in Suffolk.

You presume a lot and every time you do you are wrong. 

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 21:31, Carnero said:

Come on it wasn't that bad! Yes it was defensive, hit on the break stuff but this "hoofball" is a myth.

He's still a lying ******* snake though.

The football was sewage,people say it was as bad as jewell's.i think it was the worst that has ever been seen at pride park.the manager was a tactical moron with no interest in players with football ability.i hope we don't set another dinosaur, anti football type on.we need a breath of fresh air through the club

On 25 May 2018 at 21:31, Carnero said:

Come on it wasn't that bad! Yes it was defensive, hit on the break stuff but this "hoofball" is a myth.

He's still a lying ******* snake though.

It was dire.

7 hours ago, Raminphilippines said:

I started supporting Derby in 1968 so you are 7 years out. Derby were in the second division when I started to support them. 

The reason why I started to support them was Dave Mackay was my hero. 

At the time my father used to take me to see Norwich so I could have easily become a Norwich supporter, however a year later we were on holiday in Derbyshire and I crazed my father to take me to see Derby play. We walked into the Baseball ground and the atmosphere hit me and it carried on all match, the excitement was amazing ...

That just took me right back. The walk to the ground from town. The crowds, the crushes, the singing. The chips! ?

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That just took me right back. The walk to the ground from town. The crowds, the crushes, the singing. The chips! ?

It had such an affect on me, when I became 12 years old I started to hitchhike from Norfolk to Derby to watch them. It was not until I was 14 that my mother worked out where I was going every other saturday, she found a Derby Program in my pocket. She went crazy but 2 weeks later I was back at the Baseball Ground.  

I would have killed for chips, I used to just have enough money to get in to the ground so used to go hungry until I got home. 

On 25/05/2018 at 20:23, BramcoteRam84 said:

There were definitely more than 27,000 for the playoff game. Club playing a game  with the attendances I think. There were more home fans than for Barnsley and Fulham brought at least 1500, yet Barnsley was 30k! 

I went to both games...there were visibly less fans present.

My guesstimate at the time was around 28k so I wasn't surprised when it was announced at 27k.

3 hours ago, Raminphilippines said:

INever lived in Suffolk, only went to school in Suffolk.

If you lived just the other side of the border then you lived many miles away from civilisation and any sort of real road either way... pretty much North Korea. 

City boy myself, never understood you weird rural types in UKIP country who poo in ditches and eat roadkill. 

Did you have to hitch hike to Norwich to have a drink and find a girl who didn't share 90% of your DNA, or did you drink in Oulton Broad and court your own cousins? 

Archived