Blaming Rowett

DcfcJack

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It's as good a reason as any to be fair. I've jumped ship for more money before, I don't see why people in football should be criticised for it to be honest.

We've done this before - because of the way he claimed this was his dream job - down to emotion that, money doesn't come into it. For me I'd have paid him to leave but lots of fans feel betrayed by the money grabber.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It's as good a reason as any to be fair. I've jumped ship for more money before, I don't see why people in football should be criticised for it to be honest.

We all would, unless we really, really loved our employer, but remember the great American Dream, according to Homer Simpson, was to kill the boss.

Doesn't it strike anyone as odd how quickly all of this happened? It seems to have been in the offing for quite sometime. Contracts are not usually drawn up and signed within hours of a request to talk to a club. Certainly not these days! And it appears we have a ready-made replacement, although it has been slowed down now, perhaps to make it look more above board?

1 minute ago, europia said:

....and everyone one else in football is in it for the love of the game only?

They don't all give it the big 'dream job' ******** that Rowett did. He OD'd on it. What do I care the snake has gone - how much longer did you want him to be around to prove his credentials (ask the brummies btw).

11 minutes ago, KCG said:

We all would, unless we really, really loved our employer, but remember the great American Dream, according to Homer Simpson, was to kill the boss.

Doesn't it strike anyone as odd how quickly all of this happened? It seems to have been in the offing for quite sometime. Contracts are not usually drawn up and signed within hours of a request to talk to a club. Certainly not these days! And it appears we have a ready-made replacement, although it has been slowed down now, perhaps to make it look more above board?

This was subject to some planning no doubt...

Mel wanted gaz gone and gaz knew his time was up and knew stoke was still available.

Mel didn't want to sack another manager and probably still quite liked rowett...plus he didn't want to lose money.

And so,with stokes input,compensation was arranged and the jobs a good un for the three parties.

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

They don't all give it the big 'dream job' ******** that Rowett did. He OD'd on it. What do I care the snake has gone - how much longer did you want him to be around to prove his credentials (ask the brummies btw).

I often work in and around B'ham and know a fair few Blues fans. They have mixed views on Rowett, some good and some not so good, but they are not sticking pins into voodoo dolls for goodness sake.

Just now, europia said:

I often work in and around B'ham and know a fair few Blues fans. They have mixed views on Rowett, some good and some not so good, but they are not sticking pins into voodoo dolls for goodness sake.

You must have missed the ones telling us 'we told you so' about Roger and his roving cv.

11 minutes ago, europia said:

The Blues fans predominantly loved Rowett. From our crowd singing his praises, so did most Derby fans. Obviously most hate him now, although I think Rowett went because of Mel, not because of disloyalty to Derby County.

54 minutes ago, KCG said:

The Blues fans predominantly loved Rowett. From our crowd singing his praises, so did most Derby fans. Obviously most hate him now, although I think Rowett went because of Mel, not because of disloyalty to Derby County.

I think most is a gross  over-statement......some I'm the South stand did because it's their job to sing the gaffers name...around me in the East stand,the majority i heard,never stopped slagging him and the gameplay off.

Plus many stopped even attending games whilst he was in charge.

27k for the Fulham playoff?......unbelievable.

12 hours ago, KCG said:

Don't you think this has all happened, very, very quickly?

Drawing up and signing contracts nowadays usually takes awhile. And we, it has seemed, have advertised a vacancy and started the interview process before we knew Rowett was going.

It's not as if we haven't had practice

When I came on here a week ago there were dozens of Derby fans advocating sacking Rowett, despite him finishing 6th.

Now he leaves and you criticise him for not being loyal.

Modern day football in a nutshell I think? 

There is no loyalty in football, because loyalty has to be a two way street.... its not like Derby have been patient with managers is it? So why would Rowett feel like he should risk staying?

Your club probably welcomes the chance to hire a cheaper manager anyway, you need to reduce spending for FFP don't you? 

13 hours ago, europia said:

They have mixed views on Rowett, some good and some not so good

That describes the relationship between most fans at most clubs towards most managers to be honest.

Norwich and Hughton, Stoke and Pulis, Derby and McLaren, etc etc. 

2 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

When I came on here a week ago there were dozens of Derby fans advocating sacking Rowett, despite him finishing 6th.

There is no loyalty in football, because loyalty has to be a two way street.... its not like Derby have been patient with managers is it? So why would Rowett feel like he should risk staying?

Your club probably welcomes the chance to hire a cheaper manager anyway, you need to reduce spending for FFP don't you? 

He should have been loyal so that we could have sacked him ?

P.s. Just be thankful you had a lucky near-miss.  

22 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

Sorry but this is complete and utter ********. This is a forum, full of different views. Are you seriously thinking those people who wanted to get rid of him are now saying he is disloyal? Because that's not what I have seen. What I've seen is very consistent views how some people have been disappointed with him and are more than happy that he has left us now. Meanwhile those, who wanted him to stay, are now unhappy and claims of not being loyal are understandable.

Maybe it's because you don't visit that often you'd realise the consistency of posters... but to post something what ever suits your own bias or thinking is hardly a post worth reading. It's like reading curtains post with more senseful sentences.

And by the way, modern day football is much, much worse.

Archived