Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

7 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Half a dozen?

In the thread "Is Rowett's style boring?" there's n = 241, with 64.32% saying yes.

No matter do you agree with it or not, it's statistically a significant reflection of fans thoughts.

Just because someone voted to say, in their opinion, Rowett's style is boring doesn't mean they have treated him like the pits. 

Agreed, 241 is more than half a dozen but it's still only a small proportion of our fan base and, as I have said above, there is no direct correlation between that poll and how fans have treated him.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering the path we’re likely to head down in regards to cost-cutting and FFP, Mark Warburton is an absolute no-brainer.

He’s unemployed, favours youth, plays decent possession football and has a wide range of contacts in terms of loans.

I’d love to see him come in and see the likes of Bogle and Thomas play more.

Sell Vydra, bring in the likes of Glen Kamara and Maddison from Pboro.

Warburton’s transfer record at Rangers was a bit of a worry, yet selling Josh Windass alone would cover for all his other duffs.

Most importantly though he would need patience. Mel can’t go sacking him if we were lower midtable.

With so many high earners’ contracts expiring in 2019, next season should just be used as one final push for the playoffs (or a transition period) before the big overhaul and rebuild begins.

Warburton for me, or Dean Smith but I doubt we’d spend on compo for a new manager so he’s unrealistic.

If we bring in Mick McCarthy or Alan Pardew then I won’t have any interest in Derby until they’re gone. Dinosaurs.

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Stability for one. 

He knows the players including the Academy players 

He works well with MM 

His football is limited by the players and the mess he inherited.

I like the guy  

I ‘did’ like the guy until today.

You’re spot on with everything you say. There is a reason he’s been recruited by Stoke as he’s done a decent job in the most challenging circumstances since Nigel.  In time I think he would’ve been successful. But move on now. Rowett has confirmed loyalty means **** all, I’m done with my nostalgia now of having a ex players and coaches in charge of this club. McClaren first time around didn’t give a toss, now Rowett. In fairness to him, he has a better chance at Stoke and the Rowettball knives will be out for him again next season.

Mel has got to get this one right and I don’t think it will be easy. Someone who is going to tweak what Rowett has done bring through some of the youth will stand a better chance of top 6 next season. If Mel wants to go in a different direction with a more inexperienced coach and a different style of football, then the fans (especially those who have been calling Rowettball), need to be prepared for at least 2 possibly 3 seasons of Derby being mid-table and Forest mixing it at the top end of the league while the damage of the 15/16 season is truly undone.

Get it wrong - relegation could become a serious possibility.

According to SSN, Gary Rowett's representatives are in 'advanced talks' with Stoke about a move.  Personally, I'm disappointed with all of this, I thought Rowett would show our club a bit more loyalty and commitment and to ditch the Rams for ****ing Stoke, of all clubs!  Still, if he wants to go then I suppose this is as good a time as any to go, at least it's not half way through a season.  Not sure as yet who I would want as Rowett's replacement, maybe Warburton.........anyone?

34 minutes ago, curtains said:

Let’s see if you are celebrating this time next year when Stoke win the league and we are lower than Forest 

How come Rowett could get Stoke promoted this season but he needs time to sort the wheat from the chaff here ? Stoke all wheat and no chaff are they ? He’ll still have to deal with other managers’ players and implement his system there surely ? 

I don’t understand how he could win the league with them in a season yet I’ve read on here we can’t judge him til 2019/20. 

Can't understand for the life of me why on earth some people are suggesting Steve Bould and Darren Wassall. The thought of either of those makes me feel sick.

The compensation we will get for Rowett would be more than enough to cover the cost to hire Dean Smith, Paul Cook or Chris Wilder.

Really disappointed at Rowett for leaving to go to a smaller club at our level based on money. All the talk he said of it meaning a lot to him cos he lives in the area and how he wanted to take us to the premier league was evidently ********. 

Got his pay rise and now off he *****.

37 minutes ago, superrams23 said:

Dilly dilly although I'd prefer Steve bould 

Ah, the word of someone who thinks that it's hip to drink urine. I think I have a meme for that...

grylls2.jpg.87010aab6dd7565d94b2d671e3aad082.jpg

2 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

How come Rowett could get Stoke promoted this season but he needs time to sort the wheat from the chaff here ? Stoke all wheat and no chaff are they ? He’ll still have to deal with other managers’ players and implement his system there surely ? 

I don’t understand how he could win the league with them in a season yet I’ve read on here we can’t judge him til 2019/20. 

About £50m in parachute payments and player sales

40 minutes ago, archied said:

I’m just tired to death of all the Chris Martin stuff , he’s like a bloody mill stone round the clubs neck ,we’ve got fans on here with more loyalty to Chris Martin than the club and all this for a player that can’t score for toffee for ages , can’t nail down a starting spot at derby ( two spells ) ,Fulham ,reading and a piss poor Scotland ,

if rowett leaves and we appoint a new manager he will be castigated on here if he doesn’t rate Chris Martin as the best striker at the club ,nay the best striker in the division 

so in answer to your question ,angry ? Nope just sick to the back teeth of the whole dragged out Chris Martin saga and can see clearly what’s ahead if we have a new manager and Chris matin still on the books

Why be angry at a player whose only fault was to be a prolific scorer in the past for us and wants to continue to play for us if at all possible....he certainly hasn't been as disloyal as most of our managers.

Your problem is not with Martin but with what he represents...our pre rowett era days that are swiftly and thankfully soon to end (hopefully).

Now maybe Martin won't figure in the next managers plans,or Bryson but my hope is that we appoint a manager who sees the value in all of our technically more gifted players and trust to play better,free flowing football that can make good use of players of that ilk and style.

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Can't understand for the life of me why on earth some people are suggesting Steve Bould and Darren Wassall. The thought of either of those makes me feel sick.

The compensation we will get for Rowett would be more than enough to cover the cost to hire Dean Smith, Paul Cook or Chris Wilder.

Really disappointed at Rowett for leaving to go to a smaller club at our level based on money. All the talk he said of it meaning a lot to him cos he lives in the area and how he wanted to take us to the premier league was evidently ********. 

Exactly this, either Wassall or Clough and i'm asking for a refund on my season ticket.

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Equally, he got us into the play-offs and probably hears a boat load of **** every day from fans.

I agree I'm disappointed but I don't think it's fair to be so aggressive towards his character. 

Archived