Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

Half of this forum wanted Rowett sacked this is a win win situation for the Rowett out camp. We don have to sack him & pay him off instead we get close to £3m in compo to contribute towards players wages 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully he comes in and bids for Hanson. He seemed to really rate him (no idea why), instead of using the likes of Luke Thomas. I am slowly starting to get excited to be honest. The fact that he seems to actually want the move makes me think of Gary Monk. He will end up fired by Stoke in December and we will be in the top six with a manager who has better connections and networks than simply former clubs like Rowett.

This has probably been done but.....

Managers out of work with their points per game record (I know some managers here may not be realistic):

Slaven Bilic- Points Per Game: 1.7

Quique Sanches Flores- Points Per Game 1.51

Chris Coleman- Points Per Game 1.25

Jaap Stam-  Points Per Game 1.44

Mark Warburton- Points Per Game 1.85

Mick McCarthty- Points Per Game 1.42

Other Options: 

Dean Smith- Points Per Game 1.36

Danny Cowley- Points Per Game 1.94

Darren Wassall- Points Per Game 1.67

Paul Cook- Points Per Game 1.59 (Although it's 2.1 at Wigan this season)

Just for comparison

Gary Rowett- Points Per Games 1.57

(Stats taken from: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/. Obviously the points achieved will be in different standards of leagues and some from international positions)

If GR goes Mark Warburton is the man we should get. Use the compo to keep hold of vydra.

Said in 2015 we should have got him instead of Clement. Did okay with miserly budget at Forest and brought though many youngsters. 

He is damaged good i suppose but so was Steve Mac and he did alright. 

1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

At least Mick McCarthy’s Barmy Army fits. 

The meeting minutes of the next fans forum would be a bit of a nightmare though.

"MM stated this"

"MM stated that"

"MM said the fans should **** off"

etc

40 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Of course they would. If Peter Coates has decided Rowett is the man - then £3m compo won't put them off at all.

Not that people think it but that Stoke will pay it. Staggering piece of business by Mel if he pulls this off.  Solves his headache with a swoop of a pen..

Should break the bank for big Sam we have no money but break the bank anyway, wouldnt be pretty he’d guarantee promotion & gets slagged off for poor football bolton played excellent stuff under him 

2 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Fro me now it has to be between Mark Warburton, Steve Bould and Dean Smith. Go back to 4-3-3 and even possibly reignite Martin and Bryson's Derby careers.

Yeah!!!

Carson

Bogle, Keogh, Davies, Lowe

Bryson, THudd, Elsnik

Thomas, Martin, Lawrence

14 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

If GR goes Mark Warburton is the man we should get. Use the compo to keep hold of vydra.

Said in 2015 we should have got him instead of Clement. Did okay with miserly budget at Forest and brought though many youngsters. 

He is damaged good i suppose but so was Steve Mac and he did alright. 

Have to say Warburton's team were best team I saw that season at our place when played us off the park that day when we had a good side ourselves...played our passing style but seemed more ruthless wouldv'e been a good fit after Mac went ....but...that did not happen overnight at Brentford and they were very much under the radar...think he signed players like Andre Gray and Jota as well 

2 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Fans are split but I'm personally quite happy with it. The main worry is who do we bring in to replace him? There's some depressing names out there looking for work like McCarthy, Pardew, Lambert etc. And if we did go for someone who would get us back to playing decent football like Warbuton or Dean Smith (doubt he'll be on high wages with Brentford's wage structure so we could tempt him potentially) then they'd come in with a squad set up for direct counter attacking football whilst having to trim wages, but also sign players who'd suit their system

I have mixed feelings about this.

If Mel was unsure about Rowett longer-term anyway, then this is a golden opportunity to cut his losses and make some money for the club at the same time.

If however he wanted to keep him - the scenario I would rather see as I feel we need some stability rather than changing managers every few months - then this is pretty depressing.  Depressing because it shows how Premier League money, parachute payments etc have become such a dominant force in the English game. Stoke are not a big club and they've just been relegated into the same division as us. Having our manager poached by them in such circumstances a few years ago would have been unthinkable.

Archived