Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

2 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I was just snooping around the Stoke city forum.

The thread on Rowett started back in January as you would expect and then he was the bees knees and they all wanted him.

Funny to see the turn around now though

They are getting most of their opinions from here. 

It is funny to read. They have no idea that they Rowett's management style will make them nostalgic for the days of Tony Pulis. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he goes then I kinda want Wassall in charge, this club needs an identity, it needs foundations putting in place from the bottom up, we can’t have a different style of play every 5 mins we need a philosophy. Has anyone who has attended the u23 games been disappointed in what they have seen footballing wise, we are going to have to blood youth into the squad and he knows them all better than anyone? Might not be a popular train of thought but hey ho 

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Come on then guys. Who is next? Because I can’t think of any available managers that would excite me... 

I'm sure Paul Jewell would - as long as you didn't mind lying on the bonnet of his Merc....

We have to try a foreign manager. Even the Stoke fans are arguing about Rowett or Quique Sanchez Flores. Not advocating for Flores but we have tried Clement, Mac, Pearson and Rowett. We have yet to try a foreign manager who can also help if he has an actual scouting network across Europe which this club has been screaming out for the past few years.

5 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

My post suggests that the Stoke fans don't want him any more. I know what the fans want rarely figures in the whole football merry-go-round

Yeah, I got that. I just think they’re wrong.

He’d be better for them than a McCarthy or Big Sam figure. And we get, hopefully, a young manager with a some energy and turn us into a few flowing Wolves/Fulham type of side and everyone’s happy.

Thinking we wouldn't go for anyone in a job and having to pay compensation. Also not interested in high wages.

Potentially Garcia/Warburton/Coleman of the out of work managers.

Garcia - still has a good reputation, experience in England

Warburton - had the same brief at Forest as he would have here, wants to play decent football, likes Jerome

Coleman - not a fan personally

Also, potentially Wassall or Phillips - knows the players especially the youngsters, continuity.

I'd like to see the likes of Cowley, Smith, Wilder, Jones, Cook on the list but doubt that is where we'll go due to cost.

Also keen we don't go after the same old available names - Pardew, McCarthy, etc

Only other option would be leftfield unknown foreign appointment but doesn't seem like the Derby thing to do.

Archived