Can I say something about this forum?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Great stuff @curtains, you should post in the music threads more often.

One thing though, the last 2 vids you've posted are from when the groups have started the slide into old age and the performances no longer have that youthful energy.

Are you posting subliminal messages by any chance?

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

Great stuff @curtains, you should post in the music threads more often.

One thing though, the last 2 vids you've posted are from when the groups have started the slide into old age and the performances no longer have that youthful energy.

Are you posting subliminal messages by any chance?

Just trying to cheer myself up after getting knocked out the playoffs. 

I don’t see all the doom and gloom others do. 

Rowett will get it right unless he moves on to better things. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Just trying to cheer myself up after getting knocked out the playoffs. 

I don’t see all the doom and gloom others do. 

Rowett will get it right unless he moves on to better things. 

I've wondered if he might have a better offer soon too.

From an outside perspective he's made the top 6 with a transitional squad, halted our traditional new year slide just in time, managed the chairman well enough to survive a full season, which is easier said than done, and come across well enough in the media to have not hurt his reputation any.

On top of that he's done it while showing a profit on transfers.

Someone from the lower reaches of the Prem, or even a relegated club might take note and try to entice him away.

6 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

From an outside perspective he's made the top 6 with a transitional squad, halted our traditional new year slide just in time, managed the chairman well enough to survive a full season, which is easier said than done, and come across well enough in the media to have not hurt his reputation any.

Someone from the lower reaches of the Prem, or even a relegated club might take note and try to entice him away.

Everton or West Ham ! 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Everton or West Ham ! 

Two clubs who are sacking two of the most recently successful British managers because they don't play football the right way.... 

Can't see it myself. ?

7 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Two clubs who are sacking two of the most recently successful British managers because they don't play football the right way.... 

Can't see it myself. ?

The most successful British managers who were parachuted in to save them, and succeeded, after the terrible starts their respective foreign managers made you mean?

Besides, Gary is the future.

Young, dynamic and tactically flexible, while Big Sam and Dave Moyes are the last knockings of the big beasts, successful once upon a time but time is catching up with them.

Anyone involved in football manager recruitment can see Rowett is the future, let's just hope they don't tear him from our grasp, like Stoke so nearly did.

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Tommy Docherty did that in the Seventies-  look where that got us, and more importantly how long it took us to recover. And of course he then moved on to leave others to sort out the mess....

23 minutes ago, Dordogne-Ram said:

Tommy Docherty did that in the Seventies-  look where that got us, and more importantly how long it took us to recover. And of course he then moved on to leave others to sort out the mess....

Shh, we don't want to put any potential suitors off, do we?

23 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I've bee in online forums since 1996 and back then the only thing that kept me updated on my beloved LA (and then St.  Louis) Rams was boards like this.

Even as I type this I cannot believe that's 22 years, just like I cannot believe it's a  decade since we were in the top echelon.

I read @Tim Bucktoo's post with a sense of sadness, but also deja vu as I'v read similar stuff literally hundreds of times before.

He seems to me to be a level-headed poster who says what he thinks.

But the reality is, I don't know they guy and I don't know you.

Some people in here can't accept a bad word said against derby, whereas it seems some others can't say a good word.

For the most part, both sides of the equation love our might Rams as much.

I tend to be reactive and I probably shouldn't post immediately after a game.

I'm suicidal if we've lost and cannot wait to apportion blame.

Then equally, I'm exuberant when we win and cannot wait to share with the world why we're so damn good.

I'm 55 years old and if you asked me to name the worst 10 days of my life losing to Man United at Hillsborough and Plymouth at home, both in the F.A. Cup, and then listening to us squander a 4-1 lead in Madrid on the radio when my mum and dad and sister were there would all be in that top 10. As btw would England losing to the Hand of God (sic) and then to West Germany.

What does that say of me that 5 of the worst 10 days in my life are all football related?

Not much, especially as the QPR debacle would be in the top 20 too.

And btw, I don't mention that to say, 'I'm a bigger fan than you' - who cares who's the bigger fan? After all, we're all fans.

I say it to say losses like last night hurt us all.

And that's the point I'm trying to make albeit it maybe not very well.

Very few people frequent a forum like this because they're not arsed about their club. We come here because we love Derby and we all want the best for the club

We just have different viewpoints.

I'm starting to pick up on the characters of the different posters, but it's so superficial that it's almost meaningless.

I got called a moaner last night and guess what? That person, who I won't name, but could be called  @cosmic was right.

I was whining and moaning because that's how I vent and that's how I get it out of my system. I process stuff like last night by lashing out for a few hours.

Other people like to point toward the positive and others like Tim just prefer to bail out.

There's not a right or wrong, just a right or wrong for us as individuals.

I think this forum is awesome and I doubt it's disintegrating like some seem to think.

Every message board I am a member of has people telling newer users that it aint what it used to be.

Well pfft, who cares? It's still pretty good.

I'm 25 and the three worst days of my life are...

in 3rd place... my dog that was my 10th birthday present passing away

in 2nd place... my aunt passing away

and in 1st place that QPR defeat at Wembley 

On 15/05/2018 at 22:56, deanoakaram4life said:

This forum is one of the best football forums in England. Props to @David there are some absolute dross forums other clubs have to put up with! 

Are you flirting with me? If so it’s working.

Took a few days off after Monday, football free and reset the head, appreciate the words, they all go straight to the heart good and bad.

All we do is create the platform and apply rules which we feel can allow fans to voice their opinions. Sometimes we get it right, other times wrong.

They say a football club is nothing without it’s fans, a forum is nothing without it’s members.

Now I’ve got a lot of reading to do....

Archived