Can I say something about this forum?

I've bee in online forums since 1996 and back then the only thing that kept me updated on my beloved LA (and then St.  Louis) Rams was boards like this.

Even as I type this I cannot believe that's 22 years, just like I cannot believe it's a  decade since we were in the top echelon.

I read @Tim Bucktoo's post with a sense of sadness, but also deja vu as I'v read similar stuff literally hundreds of times before.

He seems to me to be a level-headed poster who says what he thinks.

But the reality is, I don't know they guy and I don't know you.

Some people in here can't accept a bad word said against derby, whereas it seems some others can't say a good word.

For the most part, both sides of the equation love our might Rams as much.

I tend to be reactive and I probably shouldn't post immediately after a game.

I'm suicidal if we've lost and cannot wait to apportion blame.

Then equally, I'm exuberant when we win and cannot wait to share with the world why we're so damn good.

I'm 55 years old and if you asked me to name the worst 10 days of my life losing to Man United at Hillsborough and Plymouth at home, both in the F.A. Cup, and then listening to us squander a 4-1 lead in Madrid on the radio when my mum and dad and sister were there would all be in that top 10. As btw would England losing to the Hand of God (sic) and then to West Germany.

What does that say of me that 5 of the worst 10 days in my life are all football related?

Not much, especially as the QPR debacle would be in the top 20 too.

And btw, I don't mention that to say, 'I'm a bigger fan than you' - who cares who's the bigger fan? After all, we're all fans.

I say it to say losses like last night hurt us all.

And that's the point I'm trying to make albeit it maybe not very well.

Very few people frequent a forum like this because they're not arsed about their club. We come here because we love Derby and we all want the best for the club

We just have different viewpoints.

I'm starting to pick up on the characters of the different posters, but it's so superficial that it's almost meaningless.

I got called a moaner last night and guess what? That person, who I won't name, but could be called  @cosmic was right.

I was whining and moaning because that's how I vent and that's how I get it out of my system. I process stuff like last night by lashing out for a few hours.

Other people like to point toward the positive and others like Tim just prefer to bail out.

There's not a right or wrong, just a right or wrong for us as individuals.

I think this forum is awesome and I doubt it's disintegrating like some seem to think.

Every message board I am a member of has people telling newer users that it aint what it used to be.

Well pfft, who cares? It's still pretty good.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I've bee in online forums since 1996 and back then the only thing that kept me updated on my beloved LA (and then St.  Louis) Rams was boards like this.

Even as I type this I cannot believe that's 22 years, just like I cannot believe it's a  decade since we were in the top echelon.

I read @Tim Bucktoo's post with a sense of sadness, but also deja vu as I'v read similar stuff literally hundreds of times before.

Some people in here can't accept a bad word said against derby, whereas it seems some others can't say a good word.

For the most part, both sides of the equation love our might Rams as much.

I tend to be reactive and I probably shouldn't post immediately after a game.

I'm suicidal if we've lost and cannot wait to apportion blame.

Then equally, I'm exuberant when we win and cannot wait to share with the world why we're so damn good.

I'm 55 years old and if you asked me to name the worst 10 days of my life losing to Man United at Hillsborough and Plymouth at home, both in the F.A. Cup, and then listening to us squander a 4-1 lead in Madrid on the radio when my mum and dad and sister were there would all be in that top 10. As btw would England losing to the Hand of God (sic) and then to West Germany.

What does that say of me that 5 of the worst 10 days in my life are all football related?

Not much, especially as the QPR debacle would be in the top 20 too.

And btw, I don't mention that to say, 'I'm a bigger fan than you' - who cares who's the bigger fan? After all, we're all fans.

I say it to say losses like last night hurt us all.

And that's the point I'm trying to make albeit it maybe not very well.

Very few people frequent a forum like this because they're not arsed about their club. We come here because we love Derby and we all want the best for the club

We just have different viewpoints.

I'm starting to pick up on the characters of the different posters, but it's so superficial that it's almost meaningless.

I got called a moaner last night and guess what? That person, who I won't name, but could be called  @cosmic was right.

I was whining and moaning because that's how I vent and that's how I get it out of my system. I process stuff like last night by lashing out for a few hours.

Other people like to point toward the positive and others like Tim just prefer to bail out.

There's not a right or wrong, just a right or wrong for us as individuals.

I think this forum is awesome and I doubt it's disintegrating like some seem to think.

Every message board I am a member of has people telling newer users that it aint what it used to be.

Well pfft, who cares? It's still pretty good.

Level headed? How dare you Mr Badger. That’s how rumours get started! 

My analysis is fair and true. I lavish praise where it’s derserved and highlight failings where they’re repeated. And try to chuck in some humour to soften the edges. Admittedly, to the taste of few.

Anyway, I’m so off me rocker that last night i got told to go and support Hartlepool and Gateshead cos I’m not a proper Derby fan. Even though I’m from Derby.

So it’s auf wiedersehen pet from me ?

We all like a good moan every now and then, @Bob The Badger, and we were all particularly disappointed last night. Don’t stop posting on my account! Keep it honest, you’ll have people’s attention, even if they disagree with you. There’s good conversation in here.

UTR

6 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

My analysis is fair and true. I lavish praise where it’s derserved and highlight failings where they’re repeated. And try to chuck in some humour to soften the edges. Admittedly, to the taste of few.

Anyway, I’m so off me rocker that last night i got told to go and support Hartlepool and Gateshead cos I’m not a proper Derby fan. Even though I’m from Derby.

Don't be daft m8,******** to them....

19 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Flouncing? Bloody drama queen.

Some people spend all their spare money, time and invest a good proportion of their happiness and hopes in following the team around the country.

So it is pretty galling when others literally cannot wait to post cynical 'look at me' irritating posts about how they told you what a waste of time it was etc.

Constructive criticism, with a hint of analysis and humility are fine. Taking pleasurr in posting in your face stuff that sticks two fingers up to you for following the team is downright annoying.

9 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I think we all know who this is...

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Some people spend all their spare money, time and invest a good proportion of their happiness and hopes in following the team around the country.

So it is pretty galling when others literally cannot wait to post cynical 'look at me' irritating posts about how they told you what a waste of time it was etc.

Constructive criticism, with a hint of analysis and humility are fine. Taking pleasurr in posting in your face stuff that sticks two fingers up to you for following the team is downright annoying.

54B14EC5-6B9F-47C2-9492-9497A876C678.gif

5 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I'm on an L A Rams board and there is one poster in there who would rather be right when he talks doom and gloom and the team lose, than he would be wrong and we win.

People like that are rare exceptions imho, but when you do see them, just feel sorry for them because they have a crushing lack of self esteem and their life sucks.

Plus, you can just ignore posts and posters like that.

Archived