Can really tell who the true Rams fans are tonight.

R@M

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

Do any of these fans that are fed up with fed up fans ever wonder what the common denominator with them is ?

Clue,  Two attempts at goal on target, in 180 minutes of football, in a playoff semi final. Doesn’t make very good reading does it ?

And that was the players' fault. They had far, far more opportunities to make telling passes and attempts on goal.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, R@M said:

In a time of keyboard warrior all access digital know-it-alls, you can really tell who is a true fan tonight. 

I think that this sort of parasitical online posting breeds discontent among those who are predisposed to moaning no matter what. F%c” knows what the Rams world would have been like if the 2 biddies who sat in the Toyota stand on the half way line in the early 90s had internet access!! They were however frequently told to shut up.

They are no-alls who know ****-all. What sort of fan rushes onto their fan site after a game to add to their constant whinging.

I can see who the real fans are, they're the ones on this 3 1/2 hour train back to Derby, most of them have been to 12 away games or more, and most of them will admit, that while we've defended manfully over the two legs, we were a bit ****

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh dear.

We were poor tonight, didn't look up for it overall. Rowett was again ordinary while he had decent players to chose. You're not the only Derby fan disappointed tonight.

Carson > Betenelli

Wisdom < Fredericks

Anya < Targett

Foz < Ream

Davies > Odoi

(Can't really compare Keogh to Mcdonald as two different positions) 

Huddlestone < Cairney

Johnson < Johansen 

Wiemann < Sessegnon 

Jerome < Mitrovic

Lawrence = Kamara 

When you are playing a team who probably have more individual quality than you in 8/9 positions and work well as a unit then what else could he have done? 

I will not stand by Rowett blindly, I called for him to go earlier on in the season but your criticism of him for yesterday's game isn't justified. We get it, you don't rate Rowett and I can understand why but at least base your criticism on something that doesn't make you look like you've spat your dummy out... 

I'm not fussed whether he's here next year or not but I'd rather use many other things to beat him with than an away loss against arguably, since christmas, the best side in the division... 

8 hours ago, Andicis said:

You're absolutely spot on of course, yet anyone who has a negative view will be beaten with the ''not a real fan'' stick, just for voicing an opinion. We're all real fans, we just don't necessarily agree with each other is the message for this thread.

They only had 2 attempts on goal against us despite having 70%+ of possession in the first leg. I bet you'd have been on the Fulham boards complaining about Joka having no plan b if you were a Fulham fan... 

We are all so fickle. It's the biggest down side to a brilliant forum like this is just how toxic things get when it isn't going to plan. 

I am by no means Rowett's biggest fan but pick your arguments. Beat him with the losses against Burton and Sunderland or the abject performances in that run from Feb. Don't beat him for losing to one of the best footballing sides the championship has seen. They're better than we were in 2014 and they have a ruthless streak. 

5 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I bet you'd have been on the Fulham boards complaining about Joka having no plan b if you were a Fulham fan..

Then you would have lost your bet. I'd have loved to see us play like Fulham did. Same as I loved McClaren's sides, I never mentioned plan B at all during his management. 

6 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Don't beat him for losing to one of the best footballing sides the championship has seen.

Yet, they weren't promoted. So clearly they aren't that good. We weren't going to win by parking the bus on a 2-0 defeat that's for sure. Is your point  that because it's Fulham we should just lie down and take it, because we can't beat them so there is no point? If so, what's the point in playing any game. What's the point in cup competitions, there are 20 Premier League teams in them, might as well give up. 

9 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

Just checked the BBC Sport website, one attempt on target in each game. I do have dodgy hearing though so glad I double checked. It’s not very good is it ?

It depends, with Rowett one chance is all you need and then defend the points!

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Give it a rest roy ,, have a day off ,, just pretend we won and imagine your misery ,then you may be able to emphasise with some rams fans who may be hurting today 

As someone who is generally positive and optimistic, this thread is absurd.

I will often butt horns with some (in my opinion) overly negative folk on here but that doesn't mean I don't think they're "true" fans.

Its just differences in perspective.

15 minutes ago, archied said:

Give it a rest roy ,, have a day off ,, just pretend we won and imagine your misery ,then you may be able to emphasise with some rams fans who may be hurting today 

You're such a blinkered person - you think that I'm not hurting? Another wasted opportunity? Selling, or not finding a way to play our best and most exciting players? Seeing Hughesy in the pub with the rest of the Derby fans?

You REALLY don't understand at all do you? You can lie down and take it or you can fight back!

#COYR

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Very risky approach don’t you think ? You are relying on your defenders to be at the top of their game at all times when the chances of that diminish through fatigue as they get no respite from their colleagues further up the field unable to keep the ball.

I’m not as fed up as I thought I’d be this morning oddly enough. One thing I have wondered though is, if we had played like Fulham and they played like us, how many of Rowett’s followers would be posting “They got what they deserved, Only one team wanted to play football, Would you pay to watch that ? kind of thing.

They decry those of us unhappy with Rowett’s approach (and I’m cool with that) and wax lyrical about a tactical masterclass on Friday night but it wasn’t in evidence last night.

Jokanovic knew how we’d play and probably told his players to keep pressing, the break would come. Rowett gave him nothing to think about.

We’re one dimensional and predictable in my opinion but don’t pay too much attention to that because I’ve learned this morning I’m only a so called fan, a know all that knows **** all (a know all that knows **** all, go figure ?) and I’m probably going to get another crying emoji from that CGK chappie but what can you do ?

33 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

They decry those of us unhappy with Rowett’s approach (and I’m cool with that) and wax lyrical about a tactical masterclass on Friday night but it wasn’t in evidence last night.

Same old problem that continues to haunt us season after season “inconsistency”

hot and cold, first half team, second half team, bottlers, call it what you will, the same team with the same team ethics is never on show, they showed they were capable of playing well as a team against Cardiff, they showed they could grind out a result against a better team in the first leg against Fulham, they showed that they can be clueless and try to defend for 90 minutes last night !

Inconsistent!

until we can overcome that we are staying in this league.

2 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Same old problem that continues to haunt us season after season “inconsistency”

hot and cold, first half team, second half team, bottlers, call it what you will, the same team with the same team ethics is never on show, they showed they were capable of playing well as a team against Cardiff, they showed they could grind out a result against a better team in the first leg against Fulham, they showed that they can be clueless and try to defend for 90 minutes last night !

Inconsistent!

until we can overcome that we are staying in this league.

You have nailed it. 

43 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You're such a blinkered person - you think that I'm not hurting? Another wasted opportunity? Selling, or not finding a way to play our best and most exciting players? Seeing Hughesy in the pub with the rest of the Derby fans?

You REALLY don't understand at all do you? You can lie down and take it or you can fight back!

#COYR

Yea right ,,, the lady doth protest too much methinks ,,, seen way too much of your smiley faces when we lose kicking other derby fans when they are down ,support for single players / managers above the club to be taken in by the above ,, blinkered my arse ,I’ve never once seen you give a balanced thought out view on anything on here ,it’s all the unmovable roy Mac diatribe,nowhere to be seen if we play well or get a result , all over the forum like a rash when things don’t go well ,, same old same old 

10 hours ago, R@M said:

In a time of keyboard warrior all access digital know-it-alls, you can really tell who is a true fan tonight. 

I think that this sort of parasitical online posting breeds discontent among those who are predisposed to moaning no matter what. F%c” knows what the Rams world would have been like if the 2 biddies who sat in the Toyota stand on the half way line in the early 90s had internet access!! They were however frequently told to shut up.

I’m going to leave the site for a bit as I am too disappointed with the result, but more importantly, the tone taken by many so called fellow Rams. In the five years or so I have been a member the vitriol has deepened and opinions more outlandish.

Have a break, maybe only post in the pub until the transfer season. UTR ???

Very difficult to have any sympathy with such a feeble , everything must be positive view, allied to the laughable killer argument use of 'true fan'. The quality of football is what counts  and however 'brave ' we were in the playoffs, Rowetts strategy is taking us nowhere. grim propsects.

Archived