Can really tell who the true Rams fans are tonight.

R@M

I was there last night and, like everyone else, I was bitterly disappointed. However, the vitriolic outbursts from two entitled gobshites stood a couple of rows back from me were completely out of order and in no way supportive of our team. With those two exceptions, I was mighty proud of our fans last night.

The team has exceeded my expectations for this season and losing by a single goal over 180 minutes to the second best side in the league (in my opinion and that of many others) is no disgrace. We dust ourselves down and go again next season.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, archied said:

it’s all the unmovable roy Mac diatribe,nowhere to be seen if we play well or get a result , all over the forum like a rash when things don’t go well ,, same old same old 

I'd say the same about Rowett and his style of football when (when?) things do go well but what would be the point! I'm not the only one not impressed with Rowett.

11 hours ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

That's right, they aren't true fans unless they agree with everything you say.

The absolute state of this forum.

Not at all. Any fan would agree we weren’t better than Fulham. But the league table tells us that anyway. 

Its the constant churning of criticism that gets some fans down. I’m not an idiot, I can see we aren’t where we’d like to be but the forum gets me down. Season done, overall I enjoyed some times, I laughed, I bounced, sang and looked forward to match days. I moaned a bit but some posters take it to silly levels. That’s why I’m an infrequent reader now and why match days are ruined sometimes, not by the team but by the moaners. 

If we’d done a Sunderland the state of the forum couldn’t have been worse. 

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

Then you would have lost your bet. I'd have loved to see us play like Fulham did. Same as I loved McClaren's sides, I never mentioned plan B at all during his management. 

Yet, they weren't promoted. So clearly they aren't that good. We weren't going to win by parking the bus on a 2-0 defeat that's for sure. Is your point  that because it's Fulham we should just lie down and take it, because we can't beat them so there is no point? If so, what's the point in playing any game. What's the point in cup competitions, there are 20 Premier League teams in them, might as well give up. 

I would have thought the point was theres no disgrace getting beaten by a better side

1 minute ago, TommyPowel said:

I would have thought the point was theres no disgrace getting beaten by a better side

I think the cliché some are thinking of is 'it's not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game'?

3 hours ago, Andicis said:

Then you would have lost your bet. I'd have loved to see us play like Fulham did. Same as I loved McClaren's sides, I never mentioned plan B at all during his management. 

Yet, they weren't promoted. So clearly they aren't that good. We weren't going to win by parking the bus on a 2-0 defeat that's for sure. Is your point  that because it's Fulham we should just lie down and take it, because we can't beat them so there is no point? If so, what's the point in playing any game. What's the point in cup competitions, there are 20 Premier League teams in them, might as well give up. 

‘Clearly they aren’t that good’ and that’s the bit that shows me there’s no point arguing. What a ridiculous comment to make. Since they added Mitro they’ve arguably been the best in the league. 23 games unbeaten. Have a word with yourself man! 

Yes we should play better, yes we should want to win every game. Yes we want an exciting brand of football but don’t just shrug off Fulham’s achievements this season to bash Rowett. 

12 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Are you more of a fan if you own rose tinted glasses? Where do i buy a pair so i can join this superfan elite 

not really that bothered by the result or been that negative just curious to know what makes a ‘real’ fan over someone who isn't a real fan 

Also, if we are on the subject, what makes a 'real housewife from Cheshire' compared to other wives within the vicinity????

I don't understand this argument about being a 'real fan'. Everyone is entitled to support the team in any way they want too. 

I do however believe their has been a hierarchy in the mind of some fans and for some reason certain people think they're more important than the other 27,000 in the ground. 

8 minutes ago, AshfieldRam said:

I don't understand this argument about being a 'real fan'. Everyone is entitled to support the team in any way they want too. 

I do however believe their has been a hierarchy in the mind of some fans and for some reason certain people think they're more important than the other 27,000 in the ground. 

What do you mean by "support" though? My dictionary says "to give courage or faith to, help, comfort"

40 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

‘Clearly they aren’t that good’ and that’s the bit that shows me there’s no point arguing. What a ridiculous comment to make. Since they added Mitro they’ve arguably been the best in the league. 23 games unbeaten. Have a word with yourself man! 

Yes we should play better, yes we should want to win every game. Yes we want an exciting brand of football but don’t just shrug off Fulham’s achievements this season to bash Rowett. 

Bottom half Birmingham slaughtered this iteration of Fulham. They were there for the taking, we had the advantage. 

10 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Bottom half Birmingham slaughtered this iteration of Fulham. They were there for the taking, we had the advantage. 

They eventually lost after 23 games... we lost games under MAC I doubt QPR fans felt that we were there for the taking...

if you have working eyes you can see they’re excellent 

5 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

They eventually lost after 23 games... we lost games under MAC I doubt QPR fans felt that we were there for the taking...

if you have working eyes you can see they’re excellent 

Oh I have working eyes. I saw them over two legs vs Derby, they weren't that special. They were definitely there to be beaten. QPR fans should have thought we were there for the taking, it's football. Anything can happen. Whilst we weren't favourites to beat Fulham, we should have had enough.

3 hours ago, AlexPartlett said:

I'm disgusted by some of these fickle fans, who only seem to actually support Derby County when they win. I don't care where we finish or who we lose to. It's in my DNA. Derby always.

It’s in my DNA too mate and going to cold wet places like Rotherham away on a weds night when we were in div3 (now called league1) and most games Home and away no matter what division we are in (from Kent ) I think makes me a fan yes?????

but what I won’t do is say something is good when it isn’t ...hope thats ok 

27 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Oh I have working eyes. I saw them over two legs vs Derby, they weren't that special. They were definitely there to be beaten. QPR fans should have thought we were there for the taking, it's football. Anything can happen. Whilst we weren't favourites to beat Fulham, we should have had enough.

‘We should have had enough’ on what evidence?! They finished 13 points and 3 places higher than us over a 46 game season. They’re better than us. 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

What do you mean by "support" though? My dictionary says "to give courage or faith to, help, comfort"

I just think of following the team in anyway you can. 

Its hard to accurately measure what support is really 

I don't know if you saw the story about the Rochdale fan from Spain coming over for their game against Charlton. He was a huge fan but couldn't get to games normally for obvious reasons. I consider him a big supporter but had only attended one game. 

Its a good question you ask 

3 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

Not at all. Any fan would agree we weren’t better than Fulham. But the league table tells us that anyway. 

Its the constant churning of criticism that gets some fans down. I’m not an idiot, I can see we aren’t where we’d like to be but the forum gets me down. Season done, overall I enjoyed some times, I laughed, I bounced, sang and looked forward to match days. I moaned a bit but some posters take it to silly levels. That’s why I’m an infrequent reader now and why match days are ruined sometimes, not by the team but by the moaners. 

If we’d done a Sunderland the state of the forum couldn’t have been worse. 

Come on, you're not allowed to be reasonable. You come across as intelligent and insightful. It seems like me you will be giving this forum a miss unless certain people become more reasonable.

For the life of me I cannot understand why anyone, after a disappointing result, would want to immediately wind-up their fellow Ram fans and seemingly get so much enjoyment out of it. The sados need to get a life!

19 minutes ago, KCG said:

Come on, you're not allowed to be reasonable

You're really reasonable, which is why you sad react to literally any comment you disagree with, yet without ever making a reasoned point in why.

19 minutes ago, KCG said:

For the life of me I cannot understand why anyone, after a disappointing result, would want to immediately wind-up their fellow Ram fans and seemingly get so much enjoyment out of it. The sados need to get a life!

You could not read a forum, if you don't want to read opinions? It's exactly the purpose of a forum, it's a melting pot of different opinions and people seeing the game differently. If you just want to read mirror images of your opinions, it won't happen. Nobody is deliberately winding you up.

26 minutes ago, Andicis said:

You're really reasonable, which is why you sad react to literally any comment you disagree with, yet without ever making a reasoned point in why.

You could not read a forum, if you don't want to read opinions? It's exactly the purpose of a forum, it's a melting pot of different opinions and people seeing the game differently. If you just want to read mirror images of your opinions, it won't happen. Nobody is deliberately winding you up.

The issue is though, for me, that if a poster dislikes the manager (or anyone else) they jump in on every thread to have yet another go. It makes nearly every thread boring. It’s not about agreeing or disagreeing, you’re missing the point, it’s the negative churning of moaning repeated in so many threads that makes the forum a big downer. Why would I want to keep reading it over and over. 

6 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

The issue is though, for me, that if a poster dislikes the manager (or anyone else) they jump in on every thread to have yet another go. It makes nearly every thread boring. It’s not about agreeing or disagreeing, you’re missing the point, it’s the negative churning of moaning repeated in so many threads that makes the forum a big downer. Why would I want to keep reading it over and over. 

I can understand that, but all aspects of the club are of course interlinked, so you can argue some points are relevant on more than one thread, but if you don't like what a posters says, couldn't you just mute/ignore them? Isn't that the fix, if another poster doesn't like what I have to say then I actively encourage them to do that, however I don't believe slating them, calling them sados and unreasonable is really the best move for it. 

Maybe people are just responding to those who keep posting “Gary” is on the right track. Those posts get pretty tiresome for some people too. 

The fact I think he is to exciting football what King Herod was to babysitting is neither here nor there. 

Archived