Former Deby Fan?

Shipley Ram

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has never been a Derby fan, how can you call yourself a fan if you swap allegiance? Fickle.How long will he support Brentford for.?

Theirs times I have lost faith,lost patience,lost enthusiasm even shown less intrest.

But Derby county is in my  blood, runs through my heart and always will, irrespective of which league,manager or owner.

Derby county is in my DNA apart of who i am and will always be, apart of my past  and dispite not having lived in Derby for 50 years is my heritage .

i am proud of DCFC, it's achievements ,the town and it's supporters. We are Derby super Rams for ever and always will be.

COYR  and good luck for monday.

Ram 1964, I must point out in the words of Bradley Johnson (almost) Derby is a city, not a town.  Perhaps in the time you have been away, it has changed. Apart from that incriminating error, I agree with everything you say. 

Once a Ram, even in exile which in my case is only 40 years, always a Ram.

Im a former united fan, I must confess. When I was 8 I had United posters from my shoot! Magazines all over my walls.

my excuse is that I never really had any footballing influences in my life (my dad doesn’t like football, and comes from reading anyway, my mum comes from Hull), so I just went with a team from where my brother in law was from (turned out he was a city fan though, so that didn’t work, I even ended up making him take me to a match at old Trafford). 

Then I grew up a bit, my local pride and a recognition for the importance of local identity over footballing success kicked in, and I’ve been a derby fan since. Coincided with Jim smith taking over, not a bad time to be a derby fan. 

Couldnt imagine being anything but a derby fan now. Even when I was living in Leicester, I made sure my daughter was born in derby. I’ll not make the same mistake my dad made, all my kids will be derby fans. 

29 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Im a former united fan, I must confess. When I was 8 I had United posters from my shoot! Magazines all over my walls.

my excuse is that I never really had any footballing influences in my life (my dad doesn’t like football, and comes from reading anyway, my mum comes from Hull), so I just went with a team from where my brother in law was from (turned out he was a city fan though, so that didn’t work, I even ended up making him take me to a match at old Trafford). 

Then I grew up a bit, my local pride and a recognition for the importance of local identity over footballing success kicked in, and I’ve been a derby fan since. Coincided with Jim smith taking over, not a bad time to be a derby fan. 

Couldnt imagine being anything but a derby fan now. Even when I was living in Leicester, I made sure my daughter was born in derby. I’ll not make the same mistake my dad made, all my kids will be derby fans. 

Already made a deal with the missus (she's from Kegworth and a massive Leicester fan, as are all her family): she can name the kids, but I get to choose the football team. Their names don't bother me as much as their allegiance.

6 minutes ago, Paese said:

Already made a deal with the missus (she's from Kegworth and a massive Leicester fan, as are all her family): she can name the kids, but I get to choose the football team. Their names don't bother me as much as their allegiance.

What if she calls her foxy mcfoxface?

1 hour ago, Paese said:

If she names them all Nigel Pearson? Except the daughters who get named Robbie savage?

10 hours ago, Aries Sun said:

There are several suspects.

You are one of them.

Lolz

Wow,the next level of knocking non rowett fans..

Surprisingly,its possible to be a Derby fan whilst disliking the manager and owner and appreciating Martin....much as that irks some on here 

I'm a fan of Mel,so only two out of the three for me and whilst Roy Mac dislikes rowett and Mel he is also passionate about Derby.

You might be being tongue in cheek but the insinuation is there and it is devisive and unfair.

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Wow,the next level of knocking non rowett fans..

Surprisingly,its possible to be a Derby fan whilst disliking the manager and owner and appreciating Martin....much as that irks some on here 

I'm a fan of Mel,so only two out of the three for me and whilst Roy Mac dislikes rowett and Mel he is also passionate about Derby.

You might be being tongue in cheek but the insinuation is there and it is devisive and unfair.

It's ok. It's all a bit of fun.

45 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

If she names them all Nigel Pearson? Except the daughters who get named Robbie savage?

I'm going off this idea now. Thought I'd done well out of it. Although imagining then all running around with luscious blonde locks and Savage shirts does appeal.

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

my excuse is that I never really had any footballing influences in my life

You sound an awful lot like @Boycie‘s lad, hope I haven’t hustled outed you!

Archived