Fulham F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Sheepy1250 said:

Going to kill the wife!

Sat outside having a chunter to myself about being taken apart by a very good Fulham side (with seconds to go in the game) when the dozy mare shouts from the kitchen..."Derby just scored!"

I leap out of my smoking chair in amazement and wobble into the living room only to see the Fulham players celebrating after the final whistle.

The dizzy cow thought that we were playing in black and white.

Now removing some slabs from the patio and getting my shovel out of the shed. She's got to go somewhere?

Fulham deserve to be where they are and good luck to them....apart from that cheating diving piece of crap Kamara. I hope his next dump turns out to be an angry hedgehog.

Great first post Sheepy, stick around, we might need your humour in the coming weeks. ? 

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

Had nothing to do with the money FFS. We bought Earnshaw and that was it. Christ, why do you always have to be so feckin preachy. Drop me out for once will ya?

Agree to disagree? I just don’t think it would be a disaster if we went up. Of course a lot would need to be done but there are some very average teams in the premier league at the moment.

Get this: I'm being mugged off by my mate (a Chelsea fan) who was quite literally throwing a hissy fit yesterday because they lost to Newcastle. He's giving it a right go. Got to love plastic fans.

PistoldPete2
1 minute ago, Finch said:

Better team won. Reckon we're in the Championship for a long time to come. What was annoying was the number of times Wisdom gave the ball away.

Don't know about that... If fulham go up, who will be any good next year? The relegated teams are all ****. Villa maybe? They may have to cut their wage bill if they don't go up. 

Rowett has strengthened the team with davies, hud, jerome and wisdom... Shame he sold hughes for the price of a bag of pork scratchings. Lawrence has been a disappointment over the Season as a whole and  was missing again tonight. 

Hard lines. I wish we'd tried to take the game to them a little more tonight but on balance, we were second best across the two legs. Feel especially bad for the Rams who travelled. They've been excellent recently and it'd have been great if their faith was repaid. 

Heyho. Nobody died. We wipe our mouths, pray for a good summer window and go again next year. 

COYR

Good effort with what we had and proud of our effort but we were clueless in the final 3rd .we looked better when we went 0-2 down....please don’t anyone on here say our defensive counter attacking style is good because it’s not!!!..but pass pass football seems to win the day ..funny that!!! best team won and we can expect more of the same next season ....what I will say is...fantastic effort from our players but thought individually Fozzy and Wisdom were poor tonight ..and I love Keogh he’s a good player but switched off for there first goal ...please please please get some younger players next season and try and play football ....and keep the ball more!!!!!!! Have a good summer everyone and good support tonight and Friday 

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Better team went through.

We gave it a go but came short in the second half. I won't begrudge the result and I'll regard the season as reaching par, finished 6th did ok against a superior team in the play offs.

However, the frustration of our breakaway attacks floundering through our own ineptness will linger long and bitter. If that's the team we're going to be, and it seems we are, that's ok, but, we need to be a lot slicker about it.

Won't fault effort, commitment, tactics marginally to negative in hindsight, but opening up could've been a massacre so I understand the judgment.

Sham the opportunity went, but really, it went when we couldn't get a win for nearly two months.

We'll all be back next season.

Thank you. My thoughts exactly.

Play counter attack football by all means but you have to be able to move the ball with pace and accuracy. Last ball was horrible time and again...sooo frustrating. Palmer looked like the only player up top who could hurt them.

Better team won.

Need to regroup. Clear out a few...go again. Rowett IN.

7 minutes ago, ramtique said:

Final ball, final ball... Lawrence and Weimann so lacking quality in this respect all season....

Ince was a big loss. He had his critics for “being arrogant” and not working hard enough, which were wrong in my view but one thing that he did not lack was technical quality. We failed to adequately replace him and Hughes and arguably Bryson too by not replacing him with a box to box Midfielder. Even Russell too.

Firstly, congratulations Fulham. Fantastic football, deserved to go to Wembley.

I cannot fault Derby's desire and passion the last couple of weeks. Sadly our Dad's Army, for all our organisation and experience just didn't have the legs to last for 2 massive games. It's what I feared tonight. We sat back and our attacking players were so poor. Really really poor. They're the first line of defence and they kept losing possession time after time. These two legs have shown why experience counts for bugger all in this division. It's a myth. We just don't have any energy to carry us through games. And that's why we need to recruit younger players. 

We've got to the playoffs. That's around where I thought we'd finish. Some results were superb, some were blummin awful. The brand of football..... well we all know it's pretty bland. But I think things will change under Rowett. I have belief in him. There's no one better out there realistic who's a better manager than him. Hopefully a summer of smart recruitment and getting rid of expensive benchwarmers will take us to the next level. We'll be back ?

Well done lads, good effort!

To all those moaning sods who are “happy” about the defeat because it proves their point about them being right about Rowett.

I think you need to have a really good think about your priorities next season and choose the garden centre over Derby next season.

I for one have had enough with your negativity and the club doesn’t need you around.

Archived