Here’s My Opinion On Kenny Burns (fwiw)

He's a tool of biblical proportions, I think every sentient being can agree with that.

He’s also bald, fat and gobby.

However, irrespective of what some people here want to believe, he really was a very good footballer for a short period of time.

After all, (and yes I had to look this up, but more to make sure of what I thought I remembered than to look for information) he was POTY for a red dogs who (sadly) achieved a lot, twice. 

Yeh it sucks, but get over it.

He was also POTY for Leeds, and most importantly, Football Writers Player of the Year.

Now of course I'm not for one moment suggesting he doesn't deserve to be punched in the face, and then punched in the face again. And of course again and again. 

In fact I would laugh heartily at such a scenario - he’s totally loathsome. 

But, and it's a big but, he's trying to wind us up deliberately and some of you are falling for his lame tactics.

Criticize Burns for being a fat ****.  Criticize him for being a red dog homer. Criticize him for not being that smart. Criticize him for disrespecting a club he played for that is mightier than his beloved trees. And criticize he for having no clue how to predict football.

But don’t criticize him for being crap as a player, because he wasn’t - he was a very good player and annoyingly I’ve seen him dominate games at the back.

When you adopt the approach that he was never very good and therefore his opinion is invalid, you lose all credibility.

Here’s my statement on Kenny Burns.

He was a very good player when Clough got hold of him, but as a person (seemingly) , as an  analyst and as a dietician he %$^&#@ sucks.

Ignore the man, people.

His whole existence is about you responding to his bile and vitriol, yet if you ignore him he vanishes like the Wicked Witch of the West.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fwiw I don’t think he’s worth the pixels on this forum. But I do feel sorry for him. What a miserable existence trolling Derby fans through the local rag. If only his cholerstrol was lower than the depths he sinks.

1 minute ago, King Kevin said:

I'm glad we get under the fat idiots skin so much.

Based on threads like this the effect is mutual - he's probably enjoying it more. 

Met him at a dinner with my Dad about two years ago. He was dead funny and actually quite a nice bloke.

Knows exactly what he’s doing with his comments, and probably generates the Nottingham Post most of their income through clicks on his articles (from Forest and Derby fans).

Of all the things on the internet worth getting your knickers in a twist over, Kenny Burns isn’t one of them. ?

I don't get the punching him stuff.

Just get a scotch pie and a stick. Attach the pie and Mr burns using the stick so that the pie is just out of the reach of his greasy fingers.

Then point the resulting unstoppable mass of lard-dog at the city ground from the west bridgford side...and enjoy the unscripted demolition followed by drowning and damming of the river Trent consigning Nottingham to life underwater.

It's embarrassing that such a good footballer has brought himself down to the level he has done with his various spoutings in the Post. Any normal person, never mind top ex pro wouldn't put their name against such gibberish.

He does it for the reaction. My gaffer knows him and he's told him as much.

It's guaranteed to get views, people talking, more views.

I imagine the insults aren't enjoyable but they come with pound coins.

I know he likes to mention his European Cup glory. 

We make him a relevant minor East Midlands sport celebrity. 

Just now, Alpha said:

He does it for the reaction. My gaffer knows him and he's told him as much.

It's guaranteed to get views, people talking, more views.

I imagine the insults aren't enjoyable but they come with pound coins.

I know he likes to mention his European Cup glory. 

We make him a relevant minor East Midlands sport celebrity. 

Yeah, 2 threads on Kenny &&%%&*^ Burns now, he's winning!

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

It's embarrassing that such a good footballer has brought himself down to the level he has done with his various spoutings in the Post. Any normal person, never mind top ex pro wouldn't put their name against such gibberish.

Gotta blame the booze

One of these I’ve heard stories. But knowing someone who knows him, apparently most of what he ‘says’ is completely exaggerated and misquoted by the post to obvs wind derby fans up. If true, works a treat. 

I knew him when he played for Brum,  he wasn't fat then,  he wasn't much good at darts either, he was my doubles partner,  i was crap also, truth be known, i may also be responsible for him signing for Derby,  kept on at him till we got him,  sorry guys.. 

9 minutes ago, mozza said:

I knew him when he played for Brum,  he wasn't fat then,  he wasn't much good at darts either, he was my doubles partner,  i was crap also, truth be known, i may also be responsible for him signing for Derby,  kept on at him till we got him,  sorry guys.. 

Pack yer bags.

Couldn't care less what Burns has to say. The way I see it, the more he whines, the better we're most likely doing. For those who are remotely interested can I recommend taking the opposite standpoint to the viewpoint stated? So if the fat lad suggests that Forest are building for the future and a discernible vision is evident read, 'we;re feckin useless and rapidly disappearing up our own jacksies'. Equally, if he states Derby are a poor side with no chance of promotion read, 'Fook me they're half tidy. I think I need a change of underwear'.

Simples.

Archived