F1 2018

Rambam

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, David said:

Kimi Raikkonen back to Sauber next year, Charles Leclerc to Ferrari

Apparently when ferrari told kimi he wasnt being retained for next season,  he asked who was replacing him..at that moment Leclerc stepped into the room and announced.. It is I..

Another great weekend from Lewis. 

Backmarkers nearly messed it up for him mind.

Perez lost plot, looked like deliberately tried to barge sirotkin off the track.

Poor weekend from ferrari. Should have been a 1 2 for them

1 hour ago, alexxxxx said:

the sg gp looks like it would be a good one to go to. under the lights, fireworks, street circuit, the lot..

My lad lives in Singapore and was at the race with his Union Jack HAMILTON 44 flag. It’s a fantastic weekend, on Saturday the Killers played live and Liam Gallagher was on after the GP..... I’ve bollocked him for not having a Rams flag on display though.

• 2 weeks later...

Shame mercedes made bottas move over today, dont think even Hamilton was happy with it. But understand why with championship fight ongoing. 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Vettel losing the plot. Even blaming Verstappen for defending too much.

And yet again Vettel not punished by the stewards for causing a collision - quite clearly his fault (on a high speed corner where it could have been disastrous) yet no action taken.....

Vettel proves over and over again that he is a match for Hamilton in pure driving ability - but mentally, he's miles behind - just can't hack it when the pressure's on.....

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

And yet again Vettel not punished by the stewards for causing a collision - quite clearly his fault (on a high speed corner where it could have been disastrous) yet no action taken.....

Vettel proves over and over again that he is a match for Hamilton in pure driving ability - but mentally, he's miles behind - just can't hack it when the pressure's on.....

Quite why Verstappen got 5 seconds and he didnt i dont know.

Probably gets away with it because of Verstappens reputation which is building.  Verstappen has the talents to be champion but also so erratic. Watch back the incident with Kimi and after going off Verstappens natural trajectory to get back on track would have been straight on but he turns on in what looks like a deliberate act to block off kimi, shows a lack of composure because he would have had to give the position up anyway.

Imagine if you go Vettel and Verstappen in the same team, could be carnage. Both superb fast drivers who lack the composure when it counts.

Verstappen is a spoilt brat. All the talent, none of the discipline. Some of his driving is borderline homicidal yet in his mind, he's never to blame. As for Vettel, he gets away with murder for the same reason all Ferrari drivers do. Job done for Hamilton in any case. He's different gravy to the also-rans.

I've seen a couple of times in the media after the Japan race, Hamilton saying things like: 'the press really needs to show more respect to Vettel, we're all human, and we all make mistakes.' Is that not a tad patronising? I'm not sure if Lewis is doing it on purpose, but if I was Vettel it would wind me right up.

37 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I've seen a couple of times in the media after the Japan race, Hamilton saying things like: 'the press really needs to show more respect to Vettel, we're all human, and we all make mistakes.' Is that not a tad patronising? I'm not sure if Lewis is doing it on purpose, but if I was Vettel it would wind me right up.

I suspect that's exactly why he's doing it - he knows that Vettel doesn't react well to pressure, so he's just having a little niggle to see whether he can encourage Vettel to have another 'red mist' moment....

14 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I suspect that's exactly why he's doing it - he knows that Vettel doesn't react well to pressure, so he's just having a little niggle to see whether he can encourage Vettel to have another 'red mist' moment....

It's the mark of an all time great sportsman when the more pressure you apply, the better they get, but that's what Lewis Hamilton does.

If anything it makes me appreciate Rosbergs title win more, and even then Nico couldn't face going to the well again to follow it up.

• 2 weeks later...

Fancy sticking a few quid on Verstappen to win the title next year. Absolute beast in terms of pace and sounds like Honda have been making some progress. Presuming Newey delivers a good car as usual I think he could be the one to take the fight to Hamilton next year.

Pleased Kimbo got what will probably be his final win.

Title's been over for a few weeks so glad there was something to tune in for.

20 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Fancy sticking a few quid on Verstappen to win the title next year. Absolute beast in terms of pace and sounds like Honda have been making some progress. Presuming Newey delivers a good car as usual I think he could be the one to take the fight to Hamilton next year.

Pleased Kimbo got what will probably be his final win.

Title's been over for a few weeks so glad there was something to tune in for.

Pretty much what D.C said in commentary about Max’s chances. Could be s bit more even next year, thankfully.

Im really hoping Russell and Norris at least outshine their team mates, as don’t fancy their teams chances much.

Archived