F1 2018

Rambam

13 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Did not see that Danny Ric pole coming. Fair play for putting one over Verstappen.

Hamilton making do with P3 with Vettel alongside. Turn one could be interesting tomorrow... Hulkenburg to finally get a podium after the top 4 hit each other is my bet.

Lewis will never risk not finishing on turn one surely, top seven finish guarantees the title I think.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, froggg said:

Superb ‘Sir’Lewis, the greatest? Perhaps.

I agree, after all he has achieved more than Andy Murray, however objections will come from people who don't like he lives abroad, however that bloke that runs Arcadia has one...

• 2 weeks later...

Verstappen unlucky ocon took him off but post race actions show his a petulant kid. Storming off podium shows no respect for fellow drivers then confronting ocon and shoving him.

On 11/11/2018 at 20:01, Paul71 said:

Verstappen unlucky ocon took him off but post race actions show his a petulant kid. Storming off podium shows no respect for fellow drivers then confronting ocon and shoving him.

Most spoilt brat ever to 'grace' F1. Lost count of how many times he's shunted other drivers off the track, including his own teammates and has never yet admitted culpability once. Always completely loses his poo when the shoe's on the other foot. As for the post-race handbags in the paddock, some of the old school drivers would have laid him flat out for that nonsense. A highly talented but silly little boy who seems incapable of the kind of wheel to wheel racing that the likes of Hamilton, Alonso and Ricciardo produce, preferring instead to force drivers off track or just outright ram them. The concern is that one day his antics will cost someone dearly, especially with a growing number of street circuits on the F1 calendar where runoff areas and safety barriers are rather more scarce than on the purpose-built tracks. His old man really needs to have a word, but I'll not hold my breath.

8 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Not F1 but have you seen F3's 17 year old driver Sophia Floersch's little spill she had yesterday?

How she (and everyone else) have survived that is a miracle. Her broken spine might sting a bit for a while though.

It's a really strange one as you can clearly see how much quicker she arrives at the bend than anyone else. There's been no real talk of it but either it's a catastrophic driver error, the likes of which I've seldom seen, or a serious mechanical failure. Horrible crash and one that could have been a deal worse not only for her, but for anyone fans who might have been stationed behind the barriers where she exited. Thankfully she's OK. though quite how I'm not sure! 

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

From the Beeb site in a follow up article today - Team owner Frits van Amersfoort estimated she was travelling at 276kmh (171.6mph) - WTF!

I read she'd been clipped before the braking zone, which nudged her into the wall, she span then got lift off when hitting another car, which flung her off the track!

Brakes don't work so well when airborne I guess!

15 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I read she'd been clipped before the braking zone, which nudged her into the wall, she span then got lift off when hitting another car, which flung her off the track!

Brakes don't work so well when airborne I guess!

Ah, that makes sense. Poor lass probably never touched the brakes in that case. Would certainly explain why the car was apparently doing 3 or 4 times the speed of the others. 

4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Well managed win by Hamilton. Not much else happened. Bottas is pretty rubbish right now. 

Nice to see Alonso at the end.

Thought Lewis and Seb flanking Alonso was one of the more classier moments of the season. Had fun doing the doughnuts together.

Lewis does need a challenge to make it more interesting for any neutral observer. Bottas was truly meh. 

20 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Thought Lewis and Seb flanking Alonso was one of the more classier moments of the season. Had fun doing the doughnuts together.

Lewis does need a challenge to make it more interesting for any neutral observer. Bottas was truly meh. 

It was great. 

Going a full season in a merc and not winning is shocking, yeah probably one race bottas had to give away a win, other than that been poor.

Archived