F1 2018

Rambam

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
6 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

By finally 'coming out' at London Pride you mean?

Why would I mean that? Im sure there is a joke in there somewhere...sorry dont get it though.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Why would I mean that? Im sure there is a joke in there somewhere...sorry dont get it though.

I didn't say you meant that, which was the reason for the question mark. My point was that many believe Hamilton is clearly 'on the other bus' and, given this is Pride in London, it seemed apposite to conflate the two activities of that and the GP to suggest Lewis might bring solace to many, who would admire his fortitude to do so, by confirming his homosexuality.

There, I think that has sufficiently sucked all the fun out of the original comment.

Sith Happens
19 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I didn't say you meant that, which was the reason for the question mark. My point was that many believe Hamilton is clearly 'on the other bus' and, given this is Pride in London, it seemed apposite to conflate the two activities of that and the GP to suggest Lewis might bring solace to many, who would admire his fortitude to do so, by confirming his homosexuality.

There, I think that has sufficiently sucked all the fun out of the original comment.

Ok. Didn’t know that,  not really anyone's business if its true or not mind.

But anyway.

Ok. Didn’t know that,  not really anyone's business if its true or not mind.

But anyway.

But anway the worst and best of Lewis after tardy start, unlucky shunt and bit of safety car luck to climb back to 2nd

By the way inns similar manner @revildevil mentioned George Russell as a possible next generation Brit to stop up last year.

Him and Lando Norris produced some brilliant overtakes from back in the pack to 2nd and 3rd today.

Both well in front in the standings. Both could equally have bright futures ahead, if the cards fall right for them.

• 2 weeks later...
Sith Happens

Brilliant by Hamilton today, understand sometimes F1 can be boring but today wasnt one of those days.

Sith Happens
10 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Looking like Hamilton will face a small penalty for the pit lane incident but still a great finish.

Says could lose win. Surely that wouldn't be right. There was more than 10 laps left, enough time for them to review it and decide if any time added on needed etc

Depends if ferrari international assistance are involved.

What an amazing drive by the man who could finish at the lowest 5th because of the disparity of the top 3 teams from the rest and had to rely on Vettel being a dick and team orders to prevent Bottas overtaking him.

I'm so glad his God answered his special prayers, clearly children with cancer are not praying hard enough.

2 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

What an amazing drive by the man who could finish at the lowest 5th because of the disparity of the top 3 teams from the rest and had to rely on Vettel being a dick and team orders to prevent Bottas overtaking him.

I'm so glad his God answered his special prayers, clearly children with cancer are not praying hard enough.

If Hamilton believes that a god helps him through to win races, more power to him. I’m sure he’s aware of others suffering around the world, especially children, which he does a lot of work for various charities dedicated to children with no just illnesses but from broken families.

Sith Happens
On 23/07/2018 at 08:34, ColonelBlimp said:

Bottas got one chance and he failed, after that Hamilton pulled away from him on older tyres. 

We wont know how it would have finished had vettel not crashed, but Hamilton was closing on the top 3 by 2  or 3 seconds a lap, may well have won anyway.

Bottas got one chance and he failed, after that Hamilton pulled away from him on older tyres. 

We wont know how it would have finished had vettel not crashed, but Hamilton was closing on the top 3 by 2  or 3 seconds a lap, may well have won anyway.

Already conceded the Bottas/Team Order point.

The rest, as you say, we will never know.

Any sportsperson thinking a God helps them win a sporting event is being ridiculous, and it is annoying to hear them say such things to be honest.

I understand how it can actually help their own confidence to believe such nonsense but I don't know why they can't see how inappropriate it is.  Why do they think their God (if such a thing existed) should help one competitor and not others? Don't they think their God likes fair sporting contests?

In an era where the sports pages are filled with stories of athletes seeking unfair advantages through the taking of illegal substances, surely it has to be conceded that attempting to persuade a supernatural and omnipotent being to intervene on your behalf is an attempt at cheating.

There will be no fair sporting events ever unless the Gods stop interfering and sportspeople stop their constant praying.

Sith Happens

Hamilton on pole. I like the Hungarian gp. Mansell was superb in the Ferrari coming back from a dreadful qualifying to win. And damon hill in a go kart being robbed of potentially the best result of all time on the last lap to finish second.

Archived