Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

The tit in the office (and no, I don't mean myself!) who just spent 3 minutes on the phone asking a company if he could speak to "Seen".  "I'm just calling to 'touch base' with Seen? We definitely have a contact called Seen" "I'm spelling that S-E-A-N, Seen? Do you know if he'll be in later"

I can only imagine how much the people on the other end of the phone were pissing themselves. It's a wonder this bloke's managed to stay alive for 24 years.

Edited by Coconut

Can't understand why we need an ignore option. Isn't the point of coming on a forum, is not just to give your own opinions but to also hear other's views no matter how annoying they are.

You never know, you just might agree with them on something one day. Mind you there is a couple of posters on here that I'm still waiting for this to happen.

4 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Tha must a red one else tha wudna ken it wer in dialec me duck.

Don’t you start!

Yes, tolerated it for a couple of days, assuming it it was some sort of novelty gambit, but then it carried on and I realised, no, this person is actually going to persist in doing this with everything they post. 

The ignore facility is a godsend in cases like this. 

1 hour ago, Lambchop said:

I realised, no, this person is actually going to persist in doing this with everything they post.

Well he's probably not that well read what with him spending 16 hours a day in a cold damp pit with a dead canary in his pocket!

Jesus Lamby you're so white and privileged sometimes.

1 hour ago, Lambchop said:

Don’t you start!

Yes, tolerated it for a couple of days, assuming it it was some sort of novelty gambit, but then it carried on and I realised, no, this person is actually going to persist in doing this with everything they post. 

The ignore facility is a godsend in cases like this. 

I didn’t get to a couple of days with that one. ?

Ventriloquists..... just do not get the attraction. I just watch their lips moving and think that's rubbish and you need punching.

If they are obviously ridiculous children's characters and the lip synch is immaterial eg Emu, Sooty/Sweep, Basil Brush, Gordon the Gopher.. then they can be mildly amusing.

In general I really hate them. Really....

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Ventriloquists..... just do not get the attraction. I just watch their lips moving and think that's rubbish and you need punching.

If they are obviously ridiculous children's characters and the lip synch is immaterial eg Emu, Sooty/Sweep, Basil Brush, Gordon the Gopher.. then they can be mildly amusing.

In general I really hate them. Really....

FB28823B-C542-4453-9EF6-21A2EB296A26.jpeg

On 25/05/2018 at 18:47, Parsnip said:

Jesus Lamby you're so white and privileged sometimes.

On 25/05/2018 at 19:10, Lambchop said:

I know, and it shames me. 

Theres no such thing, so nothing to be ashamed of. But lets not go down that road again.

16 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Theres no such thing, so nothing to be ashamed of. But lets not go down that road again.

So why raise it again?

People who think there’s no such thing as privilege because they’ve never experienced discrimination. 

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, Lambchop said:

So why raise it again?

People who think there’s no such thing as privilege because they’ve never experienced discrimination. 

Maybe, but if you dont discriminate yourself and behave in a proper way then you should not feel shame for the actions of others

8 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Maybe, but if you dont discriminate yourself and behave in a proper way then you should not feel shame for the actions of others

Sounds a bit head in the sand to me.

If people aren’t being treated properly then we should all do something about it.