Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

18 hours ago, AshfieldRam said:

New annoyance.... people who think they're Politicians (Twitter politicians are the worst)

duck me they're a different breed i'm sure! 

They all think they're correct, they all get offended by the tiniest of things and they think they're intellectual and above people because they talk about 'politics'. 

Prime example, a bloke i work with thinks that me and the Managing Director are 'Plebs' (he actually said this) because we talk about football on a Monday morning rather than whats going on in the country. 

Everyone is offended by something nowadays.. We live in the age of the victim..

Old but gold..

Middle lane drivers.. It’s getting worse!!

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

I've certainly noticed on my travels that it gets worse the further south (closer to London) you go as well. I noticed loads this week, driving down to Basingstoke on the M40, M25 & M3.

Old but gold..

Saw a TV programme that interviewed a driver who was done for driving consistantly in the middle lane, their excuse was that the inside lane was worn out by truck drivers...

Victimhood is the new 'in thing'. It puts you higher up the PC hierarchy, you see. 

I saw a lass going off about Jack Whitehall playing a gay guy, when he's actually straight. Despite it being ridiculous that you can't have a job because of your sexuality (Imagine it in reverse!? Martin Craine was played by a gay guy despite playing Fraisers Dad. The outrage), but if you're actually offended by that, how good must your life be generally? If that's all you need to worry about. 

Long winded, but yeah, you're right. I can't bare the *****. 

4 hours ago, Wolfie said:

I've certainly noticed on my travels that it gets worse the further south (closer to London) you go as well. I noticed loads this week, driving down to Basingstoke on the M40, M25 & M3.

Blimey you could have popped in for coffee.. 

In contrast, I was up in the lakes last week and the M6 was a bleedin nightmare. A lot seemed to be asian and driving cabs..

1 hour ago, Bwash_Ram said:

The laughable thing about this is, a good percentage of male actors are gay, albeit in the closet, and im not totally convinced about jack whitehall being straight, he's got a touch of the david walliams about him.

But that's where it is ridiculous. If I got him smashed and got him in the sack for a roll about, would he suddenly be good enough for the part? Or would he be just the same actor, but with a wonderful night behind him. 

Sith Happens
5 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

Victimhood is the new 'in thing'. It puts you higher up the PC hierarchy, you see. 

I saw a lass going off about Jack Whitehall playing a gay guy, when he's actually straight. Despite it being ridiculous that you can't have a job because of your sexuality (Imagine it in reverse!? Martin Craine was played by a gay guy despite playing Fraisers Dad. The outrage), but if you're actually offended by that, how good must your life be generally? If that's all you need to worry about. 

Long winded, but yeah, you're right. I can't bare the *****. 

Not sure thats ever been confirmed, though David Hyde Pierce who Played Niles is Gay.

34 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

People who use their phones when driving.

I don't think many would argue with that.

I hardly ever even use handsfree in the car any more. I've missed so many motorway junctions whilst on long work calls, it can't be good. Nowadays it's occasional very quick calls & only if urgent.

On that note, boy racers (or whatever the relevant term is nowadays) who think that removing the badges/model from their Vauxhall and having it sprayed black is fooling anyone. We all know it's the same shitty little car mummy and daddy handed down to you when you passed your test last year, you sad little ******.

Edited by Coconut

58 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

People, well, early 20’s men who remove their front number plates for cosmetic reasons and rest them (flat) on their dashboard. See it daily, 3 today, don’t know if it’s reached the East Midlands yet or if it ever will but it annoys the bejasus out of me. ???

Further to this: 'Personalised' number plates.

What better way is there to identify a driver as someone who has too much money and too little imagination to spend it on something worthwhile?

These are the same people who are into premium, but ultimately bland soulless crap like going on holiday to Dubai, Range Rovers and De Longhi coffee machines .

27 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

People who are neither teachers or students who use the phrase "Out on a school night", when describing a visit to a pub or bar on a midweek evening.

Accept that you are old and have a meaningless job now!

Worse than that, you can turn up bladdered or sober and the job means that little it doesn't matter which!

18 hours ago, Wolfie said:

I don't think many would argue with that.

I hardly ever even use handsfree in the car any more. I've missed so many motorway junctions whilst on long work calls, it can't be good. Nowadays it's occasional very quick calls & only if urgent.

Yes hands free kits are cheap and readily available, ive got one on my compu.. . oh probably TMI