Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

55 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

My thread title was better.

I'm being discriminated against ?

The mod that did it tried to remember what your thread title was, but the fool that he is forgot.

If you let me, erm him know, he’ll no doubt change it.

48 minutes ago, Boycie said:

The mod that did it tried to remember what your thread title was, but the fool that he is forgot.

If you let me, erm him know, he’ll no doubt change it.

Just curious, why do you merge threads?

I get that you don't want lots of threads the same, but I'd have thought that restarting a popular thread every now and trhen would freshen it up.

When I went to post there was nothing on the front page and in any case I was referring to people when the OP referred to things?

Thread with hundreds of comments are a nightmare for newcomers to navigate and I've only been here a couple of weeks but already noticed that there's a few people who like to jump all over anybody who inadvertently screws up.

Just sayin'

And to keep in the spirit of the thread. people who write TL:DR. You haven't got time to read something, but you have got time to go to the trouble to tell the poster you didn't read it?

Trump write's that on the bottom of security briefings that go past 3 lines.

When you've got a small stone stuck on the sole of your shoe and you're too embarrassed to lift your foot to remove it in public and you look for an opportunity in a side alley to discreetly do the business and it goes tih tih tih with each left step and everyone is looking at you and the alley is taken by a drunk and his girlfriend and then your mom shows up.  That irks me every time

4 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Just curious, why do you merge threads?

I get that you don't want lots of threads the same, but I'd have thought that restarting a popular thread every now and trhen would freshen it up.

When I went to post there was nothing on the front page and in any case I was referring to people when the OP referred to things?

Thread with hundreds of comments are a nightmare for newcomers to navigate and I've only been here a couple of weeks but already noticed that there's a few people who like to jump all over anybody who inadvertently screws up.

Just sayin'

And to keep in the spirit of the thread. people who write TL:DR. You haven't got time to read something, but you have got time to go to the trouble to tell the poster you didn't read it?

Trump write's that on the bottom of security briefings that go past 3 lines.

Because I am aware there is a thread that lots of people have posted on already, you are not as you’re a recently joined member, and I like a tidy forum.

Im sure it takes nothing away from you, and only adds to a popular thread.

aywot.

6 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

People (okay Americans) who ask me if I've ever met the Queen. 

When I lived in Chicago, I too got asked this a lot, I replied, Yes I have, and just before they responded I would then say 'Brian May is my favourite.'

No body does dumbfounded better...

4 hours ago, ramit said:

When you've got a small stone stuck on the sole of your shoe and you're too embarrassed to lift your foot to remove it in public and you look for an opportunity in a side alley to discreetly do the business and it goes tih tih tih with each left step and everyone is looking at you and the alley is taken by a drunk and his girlfriend and then your mom shows up.  That irks me every time

It’s just you mate ?

8 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Yes he is. He's from Northern Ireland. Therefore he's Northern Irish and/or British, but he's not Irish.

I wouldn't go touring nationalist areas of N.Ireland preaching that logic. 

Incidentally, people from N.Ireland can choose to have a British or an Irish passport, they are entitled to either, or both.  Not that a government issued document defines a person's nationality in the first place.

5 minutes ago, Highgate said:

I wouldn't go touring nationalist areas of N.Ireland preaching that logic. 

Incidentally, people from N.Ireland can choose to have a British or an Irish passport, they are entitled to either, or both.  Not that a government issued document defines a person's nationality in the first place.

Yeh you're right I $%#@*& up. It was a joke though....on me apparently.

Thick people who go on television quiz shows. Was watching Pointless yesterday and one couple didn't know **** from clay - why put yourself on national television when you don't even know the most basic of things. Embarrassing for you, embarrassing for us.

8 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Yeah and him too...

Screenshot_20180502-002647.jpg.cee1d2aa46f059e93559d1cc6eff82f4.jpg

What I can't get my head round is that somebody must be going round advising them to do that, as it's suddenly become a thing.

Who on earth thinks that's a good look?