Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

22 minutes ago, ramit said:

Nope.  Having a flag pole is considered posh by some in these parts.  We had one at our house and the same problem persisted.  One night at 2am i fastened that sucker down so tight it couldn't be loosened and then steadfastly refused to assist.  A few weeks later a big storm laid it sideways.  Oh happy day.

Bloody hell,that is posh.

You set me off with flags now.

Flags at festivals.....stop it,I can't see anything!

NCP Car parks.

Went to see something at the Curve theatre in Leicester last Thursday, with tickets bought as a present. 30 minute drive in, parked in the Car Park next to the theatre.

Got there at 7-15. Show finished at about 10. Got to the ticket machine as around 10-05, put my bank card in, £12, thank you very much. What a f*****g rip off.

2 hours ago, Phoenix said:

NCP Car parks.

Went to see something at the Curve theatre in Leicester last Thursday, with tickets bought as a present. 30 minute drive in, parked in the Car Park next to the theatre.

Got there at 7-15. Show finished at about 10. Got to the ticket machine as around 10-05, put my bank card in, £12, thank you very much. What a f*****g rip off.

I went there the other Saturday. Parked the car at KFC at at Georges. 5 mins walk and free

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 20:18, Phoenix said:

NCP Car parks.

park on St George Retail park and walk you lazy bugger, quick walk down Queen Street or Southampton Street and it would have cost you nowt, If you pre-book tickets at the curve you can have a price reduction parking, take your NCP ticket into the Curve and they will zap it on entry :thumbsup:

43 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

park on St George Retail park and walk you lazy bugger, quick walk down Queen Street or Southampton Street and it would have cost you nowt, If you pre-book tickets at the curve you can have a price reduction parking, take your NCP ticket into the Curve and they will zap it on entry :thumbsup:

Not being too au fait with the parking arrangements in Leicester, decided on the most convenient. I will know next time, thanks for the tip.

I was aware that you get a reduction on pre-booked tickets, but I got the impression that you had to 'book' the car park at the same time. Trouble was, these tickets were pre-booked (at Christmas) by someone else.

My own fault really, I should have checked with my neighbour. Her son works on the lighting at the Curve.

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, McRamFan said:

Women who smoke whilst pregnant.

I agree, or dads who smoke around the pregnant woman.

I find it stunning there was some sort of scheme in scotland that rewarded women financially for stopping smoking when pregnant...you should just do it.

I remember a former work colleage who was pregnant. She was a smoker and didnt stop.

A few of us had to travel away with work and she was one of them. On being given our keys she noted my room was on the ground floor but hers was on a higher floor (no lifts).

She made a point of saying to me that i should offer her up my room so she didnt have to walk up the stairs. I told her I was quite happy to do so knowing I had booked a non smoking room. Off she marched down to the room, got there, saw it was non smoking turned around marched back and insisted i swopped back.

Sith Happens

When I clean my windows inside, they look fantastic, sparkling clear.

Then I get up and the sun shines through them and they look a right mess.

On Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 15:52, McRamFan said:

Women who smoke whilst pregnant.

My feeling is that this is not 'a random thing that annoys'...that implies the thread is about something trivial and possibly irritating only to yourself.

This I feel borders on child abuse. Knowingly hurting your own child?  Its like parents who let their child get tooth decay at 5 from eating rubbish constantly and not clean their teeth.

Sith Happens
35 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

My feeling is that this is not 'a random thing that annoys'...that implies the thread is about something trivial and possibly irritating only to yourself.

This I feel borders on child abuse. Knowingly hurting your own child?  Its like parents who let their child get tooth decay at 5 from eating rubbish constantly and not clean their teeth.

Yeah, same sort of parent that will wail 'why us' when said child is diagnosed with Asthma a few months later.

Cheap at half the price. What on earth does that mean? If you bought something for a fiver of course it would be cheap for £2.50. The original phrase was Cheap at twice the price, which makes sense. Why it changed, Gawd knows. 

2 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

Cheap at half the price. What on earth does that mean? If you bought something for a fiver of course it would be cheap for £2.50. The original phrase was Cheap at twice the price, which makes sense. Why it changed, Gawd knows. 

I've never understood the saying ' Have your cake and eat It '  for the same reason. Of course you're gonna eat it. You ain't gonna just look at it and then throw it away. Unless you're anorexic I suppose. 

"That'll learn you". Learn English first pal.

"The three R's". Only one of them starts with an R.

The new fashion for 'men' to wear chinos with tassled loafers with no socks on. Stop pretending you're John-Paul Belmondo sipping Espresso and smoking Gauloises in Naples when you're in a pub beer garden in Burton toking an oversized e-cigarette.

People who say Expresso instead of Espresso. Likewise St. Pancreas rather than St. Pancras.

3 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I've never understood the saying ' Have your cake and eat It '  for the same reason. Of course you're gonna eat it. You ain't gonna just look at it and then throw it away. Unless you're anorexic I suppose. 

That used to confuse me too, but once it was explained to me, it's straight forward enough

If you have a cake but then eat it, you no longer have a cake

Supposed to mean those who want something for nothing