Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

I used to caravan for my sins and one of the things that drove me mental was going into an empty line of 6 loos,getting settled,then some dirty old sod deciding that the perfect cubicle for them to deliver their loud and foul load wasn't in a cubicle furthest from me but the one right next to me....this happened on numerous occasions and I wanted to kill each and everyone of them....and one day,I may do

On a similar theme,why is it that whenever I park my car on a previously empty car park,to stop it getting dented or trollied,I come back to find some t##t has parked a foot off my drivers door despite the fact every other space is free???

What is it,parking space envy,insecurity,because they can't decide for themselves where to park????

Anyway,they are on my hit list too,come the revolution

16 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I used to caravan for my sins and one of the things that drove me mental was going into an empty line of 6 loos,getting settled,then some dirty old sod deciding that the perfect cubicle for them to deliver their loud and foul load wasn't in a cubicle furthest from me but the one right next to me....this happened on numerous occasions and I wanted to kill each and everyone of them....and one day,I may do

Caravans!!! Rats of the road they are - rats of the road!

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

On a similar theme,why is it that whenever I park my car on a previously empty car park,to stop it getting dented or trollied,I come back to find some t##t has parked a foot off my drivers door despite the fact every other space is free???

What is it,parking space envy,insecurity,because they can't decide for themselves where to park????

Anyway,they are on my hit list too,come the revolution

Happens to me all the time. Winds me right up. Also this. I'll pull into the car park of a supermarket as an example and I always park where there are lots of empty bays at either side of me.

Anyway, I've parked up and turned the engine off and started to fumble around for money and bits and bobs.Then about 10 seconds before I plan to open my car door some bonehead will swing his / her car right into the bay next to my drivers door so I can hardly get out.

On 21/12/2016 at 09:59, mrdave85 said:

MyHermes can eat a bag of d*cks.

Absolutely useless couriers with even more useless customer service. They've lost one parcel, won't attempt to redeliver a second until I get the person who sent it (ebay seller) to tell them to.

Useless.

Old post so sorry to quote you but this happened to my housemate.

MyHermes were supposed to deliver a paint set to him. Nobody was in when they came, so they put an attempted delivery note through the door. It didn't say to collect from someone or that it was with a neighbour. The 'other' box was ticked with a little note saying "delivered over back gate".

Not "left at the back gate". "OVER back gate". The back gate was locked, so best guess, he went round, and threw it over quite a high back gate.

Anyway, we found it battered and upside down in the back garden and when we opened it up, the paint had exploded everywhere. Neither MyHermes nor the people he ordered it from were willing to give him any kind of replacement or refund. Apparently the sellers relinquish responsibility by handing it over to MyHermes. If the parcel is damaged, it's their responsibility to refund or pay for a replacement. MyHermes have the policy that if you don't give them adequate alternate delivery instructions for if you're not in, then it is not their fault if the alternative delivery method results in damage or loss.

Sith Happens
10 minutes ago, Tombo said:

MyHermes were supposed to deliver a paint set to him. Nobody was in when they came, so they put an attempted delivery note through the door. It didn't say to collect from someone or that it was with a neighbour. The 'other' box was ticked with a little note saying "delivered over back gate".

Not "left at the back gate". "OVER back gate". The back gate was locked, so best guess, he went round, and threw it over quite a high back gate.

Anyway, we found it battered and upside down in the back garden and when we opened it up, the paint had exploded everywhere. Neither MyHermes nor the people he ordered it from were willing to give him any kind of replacement or refund. Apparently the sellers relinquish responsibility by handing it over to MyHermes. If the parcel is damaged, it's their responsibility to refund or pay for a replacement. MyHermes have the policy that if you don't give them adequate alternate delivery instructions for if you're not in, then it is not their fault if the alternative delivery method results in damage or loss.

I just dont get delivery companies, even if they can be bothered to tell you what day its often between say 7am and 9pm.

They say they cant give you a time which surely is a load of rubbish, i recently had a delivery from currys, i didnt order it until about 6pm but was given free next day delivery. The following morning i received a text advising me my that within a 1 hour window what time my delivery would be with an option to state leave with neighbour/re-arrange etc...it turned up when they said, if they can do it why cant these others?

Surely not telling people and just turning up is just totally inefficent and leads to more deliveries, although i suspect drivers are often on some sort of commission and thats why they hump it over fences etc, hermes did this to me not long ago even when i was in, i didnt even get a knock at the door just a card through saying it had been left in the wheely bin.

14 hours ago, Tombo said:

MyHermes deliver stuff to my house and leave it in the porch or around the back...when i'm in. They don't even knock on the door.  

DIY generally.

We had a new living room carpet fitted last week, with a deeper pile than the previous one. It took me all of Sunday morning to take a door off, go to Homebase to buy a plane, plane a bit off the bottom and fit it back on again. I've now realised I didn't take enough off and need to do it again.

I hate DIY.

8 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

DIY generally.

We had a new living room carpet fitted last week, with a deeper pile than the previous one. It took me all of Sunday morning to take a door off, go to Homebase to buy a plane, plane a bit off the bottom and fit it back on again. I've now realised I didn't take enough off and need to do it again.

I hate DIY.

Ditto.  Was tidying up the cupboard under our stairs and decided to rehang one of those plastic containers for plastic bags.  Got my little cordless drill out to make holes for the screws, went through the 50 year old plaster like butter, then hit 50 granite-like brick!!!  Couldn't even get it an inch deep so simply used a shed load of screws and gave up, well aware it'll get ripped off the wall within 2 months, bringing the majority of the plaster with it...  I find it astonishing my Dad made a career out of building, no wonder he was always uptight...

Don't start me on raw plugs,plasterboard etc...I've on ongoing war with the toilet roll holder on the bathroom and trying to bet the b*****d to stay attached to the wall........It has about fifty holes in it now and I must have tried 4 billion different rawplugs in an attempt to get it to fit snugly.....And failed.

I'm going to set fire to it later

I now avoid doing DIY stuff except for painting & decorating if I can help it.....

A few months ago, I spent a whole morning battling with an electric socket I was trying to replace - due to it being cracked. After going to B&Q to buy a new socket and then going back to exchange it after I found out that the existing double socket had a single back box, I worked out that there were too many wires in the wall and the power had been extended into the next room via this socket and a spur. Mrs Wolfie had to take the little one out, as I was "swearing too much" and I eventually admitted defeat and called a local electrician we'd used once before. He came an hour or so later and had it sorted within 20 minutes.

Until that point I hadn't even asked him how much it would cost and when he'd finished and told me it would be £20, I just stood there and looked at him. He eventually asked me if I was OK and I said I was just trying to work out why I had spent a quarter of my weekend....which should be quality family time...getting increasingly stressed, elevating my blood pressure to unprecendent levels (even for me), not to mention alienating my wife and daughter - in an effort to save twenty quid.

40 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Don't start me on raw plugs,plasterboard etc...I've on ongoing war with the toilet roll holder on the bathroom and trying to bet the b*****d to stay attached to the wall........It has about fifty holes in it now and I must have tried 4 billion different rawplugs in an attempt to get it to fit snugly.....And failed.

I'm going to set fire to it later

I was like you, until I found these..

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Fischer-Cavity-Fixing-Anchor-5-x-37mm-Pack-of-20/p/141037

Work really well, need to be patient with them and recommend getting the puller.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

DIY generally.

I hate DIY.

Might have been worse - you could have taken too much off?