Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

1 minute ago, EastHertsRam said:

The Sainsbury's Christmas advert. Just seen it, gave me the right hump.

How a Sainsbury's executive gave it approval I'll never know. 

Don't know why some companies even need to waste money on advertising.

McDonalds for example. There are tribes hidden deep in the rainforests of Papua new guinea that know what the golden arches represent so why advertise if the entire world knows you're there and what you sell?!

McDonalds shouldn't have a marketing department. If they do they're insane.

Supermarkets also. I buy from Tesco because it's the nearest to me. If Sainsburys was nearest I'd go there. I really don't give a toss which supermarket is advertising which because it doesn't matter to me.

Unless say Morrisons were offering a free bottle of whisky for every mammoth Xmas shop then I may consider it but otherwise you just shop where you've always shopped don't you? Rendering supermarket advertising pointless.

I'm not suddenly going to shop at John Lewis because they've got a Christmas ad out that everyone's talking about.

If I'm passing one and I need summat I'll go in maybe and have a look but I'm not going out of my way to spend my money there just because some marketing exec decided to waste thousands on an advert that's not even needed.

Rant over.....i think. :p

5 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I'm not suddenly going to shop at John Lewis because they've got a Christmas ad out that everyone's talking about.

If I'm passing one and I need summat I'll go in maybe and have a look but I'm not going out of my way to spend my money there just because some marketing exec decided to waste thousands on an advert that's not even needed.

Rant over.....i think. :p

similar to that, when you book flights or holiday, then the firm starts sending you emails trying to sell you stuff, even though you haven't had the holiday you've just booked with them. When I unsubscribe from their spam, I get to write them a load of abuse.

35 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

The Sainsbury's Christmas advert. Just seen it, gave me the right hump.

How a Sainsbury's executive gave it approval I'll never know. 

It's complete ballcocks, it could be for literally anything, if Sainsburys didn't show at the end you'd be none the wiser what it was for!

41 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

It's complete ballcocks, it could be for literally anything, if Sainsburys didn't show at the end you'd be none the wiser what it was for!

I feel the same about the John Lewis advert (wash your mouth out, I here the twitterati shout). It advertises nothing, it doesn't put across the message of Christmas, all Black cast, an envious dog.

Clever filming, but apart from that, what's the purpose?

11 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I feel the same about the John Lewis advert (wash your mouth out, I here the twitterati shout). It advertises nothing, it doesn't put across the message of Christmas, all Black cast, an envious dog.

Clever filming, but apart from that, what's the purpose?

I'd guess they'll be selling Buster soft toys soon enough!

Did at least make me laugh.

38 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'd guess they'll be selling Buster soft toys soon enough!

Did at least make me laugh.

You can already buy soft toy versions of all the animals with 10% going to charity apparently.

I'm not a marketing guy but I suspect that as they have got you and millions of others talking about the adverts and therefore aware of John Lewis and Sainsburys, thereby building 'brand awareness', they will consider it job done. Marketing these days is not only about selling more stuff however daft that may appear to be.

10 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

On a par with players who do the pointing to the sky thing after scoring a goal.

Or players who score then just walk away Balotelli style with no emotion. Benteke is one, Sturridge is another. It's happening more often.

FFS! If it were me I'd be crowdsurfing!

Where's the emotion gone?

8 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Or players who score then just walk away Balotelli style with no emotion. Benteke is one, Sturridge is another. It's happening more often.

I don't celebrate when I score, aside from a handshake or high five for the teammate who made the pass or diversion run. I celebrate at the end of the game if we've won.

20 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Matt LeTissier was cool as custard,too, however spectacular the goal. I suppose it just came easy to him, so 'what's so special?' was his attitude.

Oh, and you've missed Paul Ince off the list. He doesn't smile enough.

11 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Matt LeTissier was cool as custard,too, however spectacular the goal. I suppose it just came easy to him, so 'what's so special?' was his attitude.

Oh, and you've missed Paul Ince off the list. He doesn't smile enough.

36 minutes ago, Anon said:

I don't celebrate when I score, aside from a handshake or high five for the teammate who made the pass or diversion run. I celebrate at the end of the game if we've won.

I don't celebrate when I score either. I don't have a quick fag either because I've never smoked. A 5 minute kip sometimes depending on what time of day it is ?

8 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Gotta pull you up here mate though!

Sturridge has the most  totally annoying celebration going...sticks his toblue out and then does a really naff caterpillar thing with his arms.

Call me old fashioned but I still love "The Shearer".  

They all seem to be the same nowadays - Run to nearest corner with a steadycam operator and either do a knee-slide or jump/uppercut combo towards it.  If you want diverse scoring celebrations, you go to the NFL!!!