Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

On 29 August 2016 at 21:28, Phoenix said:

We seem to be getting a lot more of 'defense' and 'gotten'. American Ram is excused, but really...

Agree but remember that gotten is good old English that dropped out of usage in this country in the late 17th century

I have recently found this thread and am working through it, nodding in agreement with many of the posts.  I haven't read everything but I wanted to add this as it really gets my goat.

I hate it when you are driving round a busy, full is car park only to spot a space before everyone else.  You rush to it to get there first only to find that there is a tiny car - Fiat 500 or Smart Car for example - tucked right into the space making it look empty.

11 hours ago, Strange yearnings said:

Agree but remember that gotten is good old English that dropped out of usage in this country in the late 17th century

Forgot to say (or should I say I have "forgotten") that gotten still exists in the phrase ill-gotten gains

This thread is going to be like therapy for me.  This one is happening to me now and while I am sure there is a scientific explanation it is still annoying.

When your mobile completely loses its battery sometimes takes ages of charging to get to a position where you can turn it back on.  Why?

Also, I now have a Samsung phone (it is a work phone and it seems silly to pay for my own phone) which is packed with apps that I don't want, will never use and cannot delete.  These apps take up the majority of the phones memory.

1 hour ago, Bridgford Ram said:

This thread is going to be like therapy for me.  This one is happening to me now and while I am sure there is a scientific explanation it is still annoying.

When your mobile completely loses its battery sometimes takes ages of charging to get to a position where you can turn it back on.  Why?

Also, I now have a Samsung phone (it is a work phone and it seems silly to pay for my own phone) which is packed with apps that I don't want, will never use and cannot delete.  These apps take up the majority of the phones memory.

ask your works IT department to remove the apps.

2 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I now have a Samsung phone (it is a work phone and it seems silly to pay for my own phone) which is packed with apps that I don't want, will never use and cannot delete.  These apps take up the majority of the phones memory.

Isn't this just called "having an Android phone"?

5 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Its called bloatware. Often installed by networks who get a marketing fee for having them as features.

May have to jailbreak to remove some, others should be easily deletable.

http://www.howtogeek.com/115533/how-to-disable-or-uninstall-android-bloatware/

Drivers trying to get out of car parks at the end of matches. But not any driver, those in particular who feel the need to edge and edge and edge their way as close to my car as is possible. If you wait patiently for me to let you out then i'll let you out no problems. If you think you are intimidating me and encouraging me to let you out by bullying your way in front of me then i'll happily drive past, even causing some superficial damage to my vehicle if you are too close, and i'll make you wait for the next available opportunity. We're all in a rush, we're all attempting to make our way home so what makes your circumstances any more special?