Final Day Fun

maxjam

Final Day Fun  

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Barring a 10 goal swing in favour of Millwall the final playoff spot is either ours or Prestons - again, barring a 10 goal swing in favour of Preston a draw should see us there.

Down at the bottom it looks like the final relegation spot is between Burton and Barnsley, although if they both win Birmingham and Reading could still both go down.

The key final day fixtures are;

Derby vs Barnsley

Preston vs Burton

For a lot of us down the A38 Burton have always been the plucky local team fighting well above their weight.  There is also a huge Clough/Rowett link between both clubs. 

Could we do Burton a favour? Will they do us a favour?  Do you care ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, maxjam said:

usually 3rd - either Fulham or Cardiff

The last day really is crazy, as the two teams you mentioned that could also be dragged into it, or save themselves, Birmingham and Reading, are playing Fulham and Cardiff. 

So should we make the playoffs, our opponents will be decided by these games, we’re lookjng at Fulham and Cardiff. Meanwhile, burton will have an eye on Birmingham and reading, cos if we do loose, but they win, they are relying on leapfrogging one of these. 

So in 4 fixtures, burton and derby both have a stake, for different reasons.

you could even say we have a stake in forest vs Bolton. Us cos we ******* hate forest, and then cos they could do with Bolton loosing. 

So thats 5 fixtures I’ll be keeping my eye on next week. 

In fact it makes me want to go find some burton fans to hang out with for the day, cos it’ll be a helluvan emotional rollercoaster from everyone, with each goal that goes in at each fixture. 

Unfortunately, I’m working in London while it’s all going on!

7 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Yeah its funny how these final day fixtures have worked out. 

Personally I want Birmingham to go down, my brother-in-law supports them and I'm not one to take the pi$$. Much.

Wow, didn't realise that could happen if Barnsley and Burton both win. 

Never want us to lose but that would be epic!

11 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

We’d still make the play offs in that scenario. 

Rowett throws the game, the last ‘**** you’ to Birmingham. 

9 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Still possible for us to make any offs and Burton stay up and Brum get relegated.

Us, Burton and Bolton win and Birmingham lose with a 4 goal swing between Brum and Bolton. 

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We'll be playing for a draw, so one point will seal it! 

What a surprise Roy Mac being negative, IF we get in the play offs, then Gary has had a very good first full season in charge, no one I spoke to before the start of the season expected us to get into the play offs , also Gary changing the formation has proved to be a master stroke, although not all posters on here would EVER give him any praise.

Archived