Final Day Fun

maxjam

Final Day Fun  

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

That’s right...he made what some might say was a sarcastic remark about being clueless {others might say it’s factual} then he made what some might say was a contrived explanation saying he knew he’d have to change it at some point he just didn’t know at what point that would be...?

So GR just in case it happens again, here are the things to ask yourself:

1. Did we get 3 points? 

2. Did we play good football? 

3. Are we scoring goals?

3. Are the players happy?

4. Are the fans on DCFC FANS happy?

If the answers to these questions are “mainly No” then it’s time to change things. ?

Still others might say GR’s “explanation” was a little ergo post hoc, last chance saloon, sword of Damacles, etc, writing on the wall but what would they know? 

Number 4 will never happen. Some on here can find a negative no matter how well we do.

3 hours ago, Ellafella said:

That’s right...he made what some might say was a sarcastic remark about being clueless {others might say it’s factual} then he made what some might say was a contrived explanation saying he knew he’d have to change it at some point he just didn’t know at what point that would be...?

So GR just in case it happens again, here are the things to ask yourself:

1. Did we get 3 points? 

2. Did we play good football? 

3. Are we scoring goals?

3. Are the players happy?

4. Are the fans on DCFC FANS happy?

If the answers to these questions are “mainly No” then it’s time to change things. ?

Still others might say GR’s “explanation” was a little ergo post hoc, last chance saloon, sword of Damacles, etc, writing on the wall but what would they know? 

I think Gary and many fans would have been VERY happy with a point at Villa, we played some good stuff at times, but were being pushed back by a VERY good Villa team, and we defended very well, that is also part of the game, most of the players are HAPPY, well that's what I have heard, you might have heard different, Some Derby fans would never be HAPPY what ever we did, for the recorded most Derby Fans are Happy with how the last two games have gone, and the new formation for me has made us a better team going forward and at the back, but that's just my opinion, can not wait till next Sunday now.

2 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

I think Gary and many fans would have been VERY happy with a point at Villa, we played some good stuff at times, but were being pushed back by a VERY good Villa team, and we defended very well, that is also part of the game, most of the players are HAPPY, well that's what I have heard, you might have heard different, Some Derby fans would never be HAPPY what ever we did, for the recorded most Derby Fans are Happy with how the last two games have gone, and the new formation for me has made us a better team going forward and at the back, but that's just my opinion, can not wait till next Sunday now.

I’ll just say this @Derby blood, you quite often misunderstand my point and read into posts motivations that are simply not there. I’ll just leave you with this Freud quote for you to reflect on “ We do not see things as they are, we see things how we are”. ?

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I’ll just say this @Derby blood, you quite often misunderstand my point and read into posts motivations that are simply not there. I’ll just leave you with this Freud quote for you to reflect on “ We do not see things as they are, we see things how we are”. ?

I prefer quotes from great managers like Brian Clough, Alex Ferguson, and Bobby Robson, but thanks all the same LOL.

5 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I’ll just say this @Derby blood, you quite often misunderstand my point and read into posts motivations that are simply not there. I’ll just leave you with this Freud quote for you to reflect on “ We do not see things as they are, we see things how we are. ?

...ermm who cares what Steffen Freund thinks?

3 hours ago, maxjam said:

Then you're probably not from, or the area around, Burton. 

Its a bit like someone commenting on Chesterfield being relegated from the league a few days days ago he or she was probably from that side of Derby - I personally couldn't really care less! 

We may all be Derby fans but I've been to plenty of Gresley Rovers and Burton Albion matches simply because they are on my doorstep and therefore have an affinity with them. And I did give everyone a 5th option to choose!

I have a big affinity with Burton. Was born there (whilst living in Foston), family all living in the south west of Derbyshire or east Staffordshire. Even when we moved to Derby, it was mickleover and o went to John Port School in etwall.

i went to many games at the old Eton Park and a close family friend worked at the club and became very good friends with Nigel Clough.

I know live in Denby and it is pretty clea people up here have no real interest in Burton, and why should they, there are plenty of other teams around that were formally of a similar level anyway.

If Gary sets us up for a point, we will lose, then it’s in the lap of the gods. Have Preston or Burton players been described as gods before?  Pick a team to beat a poor team and we will, comfortably. We, by which I mean Gary, must believe we are capable of beating teams by attacking them. I thought after the last 30 against Cardiff this would be the case. After yesterday I’m less sure. We will not defend our way to Wembley glory, we are capable of attacking our way there however 

Archived