CamRam Jerome

Boycie

21 hours ago, 'Rambe33 said:

Credit where its due. Fantastic game from Jerome. Seen a few people saying the goals were bad mistakes. Yes agree, but Jeromoe was in the right place for the first one and finished brilliantly and his second goal at hat stage he could have taken his foot off the gas and not chased the ball down before Sean "I'm **** at football" Morrison got a healthy slice of karma, by being pushed over by a ghost to allow Jerome in. 

Fantastic second half and well done boys! 

Ps, Mo Salah has posters of Cameron Jerome in his bedroom. 

And when have you been in Mo Salahs bedroom!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, jono said:

Because his skill set suits only a certain type of opposition and style of football. Like someone else we know (no emojis this morning so I'll just say nudge nudge wink wink )

he isn't a great all round striker but he is athletic and strong.

last night, with two thugs as centre backs he was in his element. It won't work regularly, but chosen for the right circumstances it works sometimes. As it did last night.

Sounds about right to me.

So how many opponents do we think Cameron Jerome would be effective against? 

We have Cardiff,  and........?

He's not looked terribly effective against most of our other opponents - but was that him or Gary rowetts tactics on those days?

Difficult to tease apart the factors. 

I reckon he was picked as there was no alternative - nugent too knackered. But if Gary has somehow lit upon a system that works with him that's great, but why did it take so long?

Some players don't make good substitutes as they are not able to have an instant impact. Maybe Jerome is one of those? He seemed to get better as the game went on. 

Seem to remember him getting stuck in a lot more on his earlier start for us, too.

Anyway, I think it was the formation as much as anything that helped him. Would obviously like to see if it continues but he could be knackered on Saturday after his first full 90 in a long time.

Put most strikers in a team that is not playing well and they are unlikely to look good themselves. All of our strikers have suffered since February through that. I think the stick that Jerome got was completely unjustified. The bloke on here saying he has looked slow is clearly not watching the game.

On 25/04/2018 at 09:56, 'Rambe33 said:

Credit where its due. Fantastic game from Jerome. Seen a few people saying the goals were bad mistakes. Yes agree, but Jeromoe was in the right place for the first one and finished brilliantly and his second goal at hat stage he could have taken his foot off the gas and not chased the ball down before Sean "I'm **** at football" Morrison got a healthy slice of karma, by being pushed over by a ghost to allow Jerome in. 

Fantastic second half and well done boys! 

Ps, Mo Salah has posters of Cameron Jerome in his bedroom. 

Jeromoe. I like it. I could catch on.

5 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Sounds about right to me.

So how many opponents do we think Cameron Jerome would be effective against? 

We have Cardiff,  and........?

He's not looked terribly effective against most of our other opponents - but was that him or Gary rowetts tactics on those days?

Difficult to tease apart the factors. 

I reckon he was picked as there was no alternative - nugent too knackered. But if Gary has somehow lit upon a system that works with him that's great, but why did it take so long?

The reason was that it was forced on him....nothing was working,from the formation to the players attitude and he had no choice but to go **** or bust.

As it happens,it worked....on this, possibly unique,occasion.

The questions are whether he will revert to type and go all defensive for villa (which will be a disaster) or whether he had actually learnt something from his mistakes.

Interesting times.

Archived