Will they be back?

StantonRam

hi all

Here's a question that just occurred to me.

Does a 'season long' loan include the playoffs or not?

For example, will we get Bryson/Martin/Bent back once the 46 games are finished?

Therefore, could we theoretically ask Bryson to play in potential playoff games against Cardiff? 

Heaven knows we need something from somewhere!

It might also be useful to have Martin on the bench in the playoffs, and at least he's match fit.

Do we have young players out on loan who could give us something a bit different when they return?

At the very least, can we insist that Bryson doesn't play against us in any possible playoff game?

LR2

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

I always thought if the club wasnt involved they could come back, really following comments out of Fulham last season that Martin could return if they didnt make the plays offs and we did, but that cant be right as most people do say they last until June.

IF we did somehow may the Play Offs and play cardiff, no bryson wont be able to play against us.

The last time I played Football Manager, which was a few years ago, I remember all my loanees went back to their parent clubs before the play offs and I had to play some reserves. Losing Alvaro Morata in particular was a big blow.

Hope this helps x

Although to echo what others have already said - this make no ******* difference to us this season because we'll be miles off play offs.

Don't think it's possible to bring back players who have been out on loan to be included in any play-off games. Even if it was, for Rowett to include them in his squad would be a clear indication that the original decision to loan them was an almighty blunder so couldn't see it happening.

4 hours ago, AndyB said:

Our players currently out on loan to other clubs  cannot play for Derby in the play offs. Players currently on loan to Derby can play for Derby in the play offs.

Bryson is the only player who should think about postponing his hollybobs.

Thanks for all the info folks, if it's possible to get Bryson & Lowe back somehow then I think it'd be a good thing.

I'm surprised that so many think we haven't got a hope, I don't think that's true unless we get nowt from Cardiff, and even then it's still possible.

Let's not forget that Villa might well decide to rest players ahead of the playoffs.

If we accept that Boro are 5th then that leaves 6th to be contested between us and Millwall.  We have a game in hand and better goal difference.  If we can get 4 or 5 points from 3 games then it won't matter what the teams below us do since the most any of them can get is 6 points.

Let's not give up before it actually IS impossible!

COYR!!!

LR2

Archived