Has he?

ronnieronalde

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Out going loans?

Reckon bent must be on 30k - 35k a week. Cant see burton paying 100% of that.

Shackell on probably abit less but then again cant see millwall paying all his wages

Martin. Blackman. Butterfield. Bryson im guessing we're getting there wages paid. But remember tho end of the season their back on the payroll

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

Might be a really short thread but I keep reading Gary has brought the wage bill down.

Has he?

Have his hands been tied as much as some point out?

Oh you little tease , bet it took you ages to think up a subject for that tempting headline , I would have picked 

"Do you think Gary Rowett has ever eaten Cheese on Toast "

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

Might be a really short thread but I keep reading Gary has brought the wage bill down.

Has he?

Have his hands been tied as much as some point out?

Sold Christie, Camara, Russell, Ince and Hughes.

Released Santos   

Loaned out Martin, Bryson, Shackell, Roos, Blackman, Guy, Vernam, Zanzala, Lowe, McDonald, Elsnik, Gordon Butterfield Bent

Bought Davies, Huddlestone, Lawrence, Wisdom, Jerome, Ledley

Loaned in Winnall. Palmer

I would suggest that is a transfer profit of C£3m and a modest wage saving

I imagine Shackell, Baird, Bent and Hanson will leave this summer but we have the Martin, Bryson, Butterfield, Blackman and 8 youth players to come back on the wage bill, so I don't see much happening in the summer.  

11 minutes ago, Carnero said:

From 2015-16 to 2016-17.

Those figures are nothing to do with this season.

True, but to be sustainable the wages need to be @£20-25m.

it shows how much they need to come down. I'm therefore struggling to understand the contract renewals and the big rise for gary.

2 hours ago, sage said:

Sold Christie, Camara, Russell, Ince and Hughes.

Released Santos   

Loaned out Martin, Bryson, Shackell, Roos, Blackman, Guy, Vernam, Zanzala, Lowe, McDonald, Elsnik, Gordon Butterfield Bent

Bought Davies, Huddlestone, Lawrence, Wisdom, Jerome, Ledley

Loaned in Winnall. Palmer

I would suggest that is a transfer profit of C£3m and a modest wage saving

I imagine Shackell, Baird, Bent and Hanson will leave this summer but we have the Martin, Bryson, Butterfield, Blackman and 8 youth players to come back on the wage bill, so I don't see much happening in the summer.  

Probably the first time since clough we made a profit? 

Wages wise every year they will go up so if we have cut anything again that's great savings. Also although huddlestone Davies etc will be on a big wage we saved a lot of money on the fee we paid for them.

Therefore with all this reducing we could still make play offs is pretty good going!! 

7 hours ago, RamNut said:

True, but to be sustainable the wages need to be @£20-25m.

it shows how much they need to come down. I'm therefore struggling to understand the contract renewals and the big rise for gary.

Not a lot we can do until 2019 at that points a dozen senior contracts expire and we can start a proper rebuild.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Not a lot we can do until 2019 at that points a dozen senior contracts expire and we can start a proper rebuild.

We could have not signed a load of expensive ex-Prem players? A proper rebuild under Rowett? *shudder*

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We could have not signed a load of expensive ex-Prem players? A proper rebuild under Rowett? *shudder*

Do you still stand by your assertion that the man you labelled, 'a bit of an idiot' and 'completely clueless', namely Darren Wassall is the best way forward for the club?

Also, who would you have brought in instead of the 'load of expensive ex-Prem players' you allude to? Names and fees please.

Lastly, can you confirm what the 'load of expensive ex-Prem players' are earning as you appear to be the only person on the forum who knows. Please don't spit out the usual 'well they're ex-prem so they must be earning £30k a week' nonsense because that's just guesswork and therefore no kind of an answer at all. Feel free to say you don't know though, if indeed, you don't :thumbsup:

Archived