Has he?

ronnieronalde

PistoldPete2
11 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Might be a really short thread but I keep reading Gary has brought the wage bill down.

Has he?

Have his hands been tied as much as some point out?

Well Ince and Hughes probably on  a fair bit. Camara contract cancelled, de Laert went back to Boro. Mostly I think though the wage bill will have come down due to loans going out. Butterfield, Martin, Bryson, plus some of Shackell and Bents wages.  plus most of the youth team out on loan. Grantw as with us for part of last season but i think it was Mac that let him go.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Do you still stand by your assertion that the man you labelled, 'a bit of an idiot' and 'completely clueless', namely Darren Wassall is the best way forward for the club?

Also, who would you have brought in instead of the 'load of expensive ex-Prem players' you allude to? Names and fees please.

Lastly, can you confirm what the 'load of expensive ex-Prem players' are earning as you appear to be the only person on the forum who knows. Please don't spit out the usual 'well they're ex-prem so they must be earning £30k a week' nonsense because that's just guesswork and therefore no kind of an answer at all. Feel free to say you don't know though, if indeed, you don't :thumbsup:

Lol.

Wassall is a better way forward than Rowett.

No all the ex-Prem players inc Lawrence came for the love of it, just like Savage did.

They are earning a good last pay day, not as much as they might in the Prem, but good enough as their contracts aren't that long.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

We could have not signed a load of expensive ex-Prem players? A proper rebuild under Rowett? *shudder*

Are you deliberately being obtuse or does it come naturally?

Unless you've somehow developed a time machine so that we can go back to Summer 2017, then how is your response relevant to my comment of "not a lot we can do until 2019 at that points a dozen senior contracts expire"?

As I pointed out to somebody else yesterday, the majority of these players expiring 2019 were NOT signed by Rowett, no matter how much you and others decide to make up facts to suit your argument!

15 hours ago, RamNut said:

According to the figures on the other thread, wages have gone up from 35.5m to 39.8m 

That £39.8m figure is merely a straight extrapolation of the consolidated wages figure for the 10 months, and doesn't point out the amount of Sevco 5112 (the Company) wages included therein.. The club's wages showed a rise in overall wages, but this could easily have related to non players' wages. In fact this particular figure might have gone down, and thus the increase in non players wages might even have been more than the difference between 16/17 and 15/16.

6 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol.

Wassall is a better way forward than Rowett.

No all the ex-Prem players inc Lawrence came for the love of it, just like Savage did.

They are earning a good last pay day, not as much as they might in the Prem, but good enough as their contracts aren't that long.

So it's a 'yes' on Wassall though the massive u-turn remains unexplained, a 'no idea' on who we should have signed or what they would have cost and a 'haven't got a scooby but them's ex-prem innit, so must be bombs' on the new signings' wages. Not terribly enlightening, is it?

Maybe, since you've brought it up, you could suggest a few players who would play for buttons and an innate 'love of the club'? 

Just now, 86 points said:

Maybe, since you've brought it up, you could suggest a few players who would play for buttons and an innate 'love of the club'? 

I doubt even Hanson has signed for buttons that just leaves the U23s.

22 minutes ago, FrostedRam said:

Yep the wassall who still keeps giving his son a contract, I’d trust his judgement ?

Must be the same son that has been steadily improving, from what I've seen.

Archived